Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which benefits are you referring to in particular?
All of them that comes with an affiliation with a 1st grade team , with exposure , better juniors/ players, coaches and coaching staff. And if it all falls into place, success which inturn produces popularity and more fans .
I'm sure there's more and also some negatives , but I can't see many big ones.

If ISC wanted to expand would there be anything stopping us from fielding a team?

You don't seem to understand that it isn't necessarily about winning finals for community based clubs. Not everything at that level is about holding the trophy.

You are essentially proposing that we come in, take over a club, tell them how and who to play, and tell the existing supporters to shutup and like it. That'll go down like a house on fire.

I am not against the idea, but you could not do it with established sides. You'd have to do something similar to what Manly did.

I'm not saying take over the club, or force feeding anything. Give them a opportunity to have better coaching and players , that benefits them and us.
They can run the club how they always have, we just put a plan forward to produce a better football team and a production line for us.

If ISC wanted to expand would there be anything stopping us from fielding a team?
Money would be the main thing I would think. You would imagine there would have to be something like a 10 year guarantee that we would fund them for that time to make it mutually beneficial.
[automerge]1571203686[/automerge]
Give them a opportunity to have better coaching and players , that benefits them and us.
They can run the club how they always have, we just put a plan forward to produce a better football team and a production line for us.
We're going round in circles. You are suggesting we give them players to develop. We say, can you play Jimmy Jo at 7, we feel hes a long term prospect for us. They can say: no we can't, we can play him in the centres or off the bench but halfback spot belongs to Jimmy Smith and he's our halfback.

Are you going to go no **** you, you will play Jimmy Jo? Because then you're telling them how to operate and everything i've said prior comes into reckoning.

Last edited:
Money would be the main thing I would think. You would imagine there would have to be something like a 10 year guarantee that we would fund them for that time to make it mutually beneficial.

We're going round in circles. You are suggesting we give them players to develop. We say, can you play Jimmy Jo at 7, we feel hes a long term prospect for us. They can say: no we can't, we can play him in the centres or off the bench but halfback spot belongs to Jimmy Smith and he's our halfback.

Are you going to go no **** you, you will play Jimmy Jo? Because then you're telling them how to operate and everything i've said prior comes into reckoning.

You're right we are , so I'll put it down like this.
"Do what the storm are doing with the Falcons " see if it works, if so good for us .if not, no harm done.

Last edited:

Is anyone else concerned that Jimmy Jo is going to get poached? I'm a bit worried he won't want to stay, especially if he isn't getting time in the halves.

I'm not talking about the club, I'm talking about the supporters of the club. They probably won't appreciate a bigger club coming in telling them how it's going to operate - they didn't need them before, they don't need them now.

They especially aren't going to like it if it's the Broncos doing it.

One thing I've noticed over the years attending ISC games, there is a lot of hatred for the Broncos amongst the more die hard fans. Not sure why exactly, something about ruining something years back.

We’re the richest club in the sport but with the salary cap there no benefit for being the richest we have to pay overs to keep our young talent which is shit I like the idea of us having a reserve team play them in The spot were we want them to play in first grade buy another team out who cares if it pisses the locals off as long as the broncos are winning and the players hit first grade ready

Sunny Coast and Wests Tigers have a good blend of their own players and Storm players, but they have defiantly improved the Sunny Coast. It's never going to happen that Brisbane take over a Redcliffe or Wynnum. I think we would be better served have a proper reserve grade side so we can develop players in our own way.
Wolfie, how have they defiantly improved the Sunny Coast? I mean, did the Sunny Coast not want to improve and the Storm defied their wishes and improved them anyway?😉

Wolfie, how have they defiantly improved the Sunny Coast? I mean, did the Sunny Coast not want to improve and the Storm defied their wishes and improved them anyway?😉

Well, i guess judging by their results before Melbourne showed up, i'd say the Storm had a big hand in their improvement. It didnt really matter what the Sunny Coast wanted with Melbourne being so defiant!

We’re the richest club in the sport but with the salary cap there no benefit for being the richest we have to pay overs to keep our young talent which is shit I like the idea of us having a reserve team play them in The spot were we want them to play in first grade buy another team out who cares if it pisses the locals off as long as the broncos are winning and the players hit first grade ready
They could play every 2nd week at Suncorp as a curtain raiser.

Or we could do what the storm do and use the Falcons as a clydesdale type setup. They follow the same system as the storm and use majority of their depth players, that's why they transition to the 2st grade squad with ease.
We should pick a team be it Reddy, north's etc. and put our best depth players in their positions in that team and get them to follow seibolds game plans.

Storm use Easts and Falcons equally.

Yes but they definitely follow the storm structures , do they not ?

Falcons did this year under Smith, who was the Storm 20's coach and they will next year with Sam who also was a Storm staff.

Easts not as much I don't think.

Falcons did this year under Smith, who was the Storm 20's coach and they will next year with Sam who also was a Storm staff.

Easts not as much I don't think.
I still think it has to benefit the players who eventually move up to 1st grade, they would know their role well which would make them more comfortable.

Is anyone else concerned that Jimmy Jo is going to get poached? I'm a bit worried he won't want to stay, especially if he isn't getting time in the halves.
I am more concerned with him running off to join a bluegrass band to play the mandolin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Splinter
  • Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • mystico
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Locky field goal
  • Thelmus
  • Fitzy
  • ell.d33
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brocko
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.