Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the QRL be partied to that? Another team in the city they have the city covered. Expansion of the QRL would need to be Woomba.

You would have to fund and have players for three grades if you're a ISC club and staff with a ground.

Costs and responsibility add up.
[automerge]1571362214[/automerge]

Why would the QRL allow a second Ipswich team?
People really do seem to think that just 17 blokes (with a few fringe first graders), a Coach and a few spares turning up each Sunday is all it would take to dominate the Queensland Cup. Shows either profound ignorance or a total lack of respect.

Here's a novel idea:

Perhaps investing a greater percentage of our considerable funds directly into these proud, historic clubs, most of whom have been ingrained into the fabric of Brisbane Rugby League culture for far, far longer than the Broncos have, would do a great deal more to help our cause, both in driving better development pathways, better performance on the field as well as strengthening our goodwill and emotional connection to the people of Brisbane, than simply setting up a well funded, soul-less new club in THEIR competition that can just go out and flog them every week.

Woomba only won two comps in their time, they didn't flog everyone. It wouldn't be the smash up Broncos fans expect.

They all have leagues clubs with pokies, they're raking in money like it's no one's business.
So are we? What's your point? You understand how investment works, right?
[automerge]1571362651[/automerge]
Woomba only won two comps in their time, they didn't flog everyone. It wouldn't be the smash up Broncos fans expect.
Of course it wouldn't, that's not what I'm saying. That just seems to be what a lot of people on here are expecting out of an idea like that.

Last edited:
Of course it wouldn't, that's not what I'm saying. That just seems to be what a lot of people on here are expecting out of an idea like that.

I agree I was just adding to your point.

People also forget about emotional attachment, when you ship guys off to Toowoomba and they play for a city they don't care about for a club they don't care about you don't get a good result.

The Broncos' players that had to go to Toowoomba hated it, they wanted to play for their team not leave Redcliffe to drive to Toowoomba.

Locals hated it too, a 100 year old club with no local identity and no locals- stuff that not supporting it or watching it.

Clubs have also learnt from Toowoomba and the Sunshine Coast that becoming a whole feeder side goes to hell when the NRL club says bye- Coast lost every game for years until the Storm came along and Woomba were out of the comp.

You have to be a strong, stand alone club and if we get three NRL players great we can use them but if not we can still win on Sunday.

I agree I was just adding to your point.

People also forget about emotional attachment, when you ship guys off to Toowoomba and they play for a city they don't care about for a club they don't care about you don't get a good result.

The Broncos' players that had to go to Toowoomba hated it, they wanted to play for their team not leave Redcliffe to drive to Toowoomba.

Locals hated it too, a 100 year old club with no local identity and no locals- stuff that not supporting it or watching it.

Clubs have also learnt from Toowoomba and the Sunshine Coast that becoming a whole feeder side goes to hell when the NRL club says bye- Coast lost every game for years until the Storm came along and Woomba were out of the comp.

You have to be a strong, stand alone club and if we get three NRL players great we can use them but if not we can still win on Sunday.
I think it's just a really self-centred attitude from so many Broncos fans and they honestly don't seem to realise the damage that kind of mentality can do to the game in Brisbane and what that can mean long term for the Broncos.

It's easy to have a Broncos first mentality, but when you shit on your lower grade competitions and act only in self interest, you're only hurting yourself long term. Less support for local Brisbane clubs means less money which then means less junior pathways and less kids playing the game and suddenly you're risking something that is probably our greatest single advantage as a club.

The Broncos are strongest when Queensland and Brisbane Rugby League is strongest and when we work together with these clubs we're building both long and short term results for both parties. The Queensland Cup is a terrific competition and it does far more to produce great Broncos players than anything the Broncos could ever hope to do independently and out of pure self interest.

Last edited:
Why would the QRL be partied to that? Another team in the city they have the city covered. Expansion of the QRL would need to be Woomba.

You would have to fund and have players for three grades if you're a ISC club and staff with a ground.

Costs and responsibility add up.
[automerge]1571362214[/automerge]

Why would the QRL allow a second Ipswich team?

I would have thought that was pretty obvious mate. I also pointed out the reason why in my post. They would be a pseudo ipswich team given Springfield borders with Brisbane. There is a lot of new interstate/immigrated residents in the area. Plenty of opportunity to increase the fan base.

As far as the logistics go, I wouldn't have a clue. You are probably right in that it may not be feasible. Maybe a couple of the local clubs might be interested in partnering up in the venture.

I would have thought that was pretty obvious mate. I also pointed out the reason why in my post. They would be a pseudo ipswich team given Springfield borders with Brisbane. There is a lot of new interstate/immigrated residents in the area. Plenty of opportunity to increase the fan base.

As far as the logistics go, I wouldn't have a clue. You are probably right in that it may not be feasible. Maybe a couple of the local clubs might be interested in partnering up in the venture.
Ipswich already has a team?

http://football.ipswichjets.com.au/

They're professional athletes do you really think two hours on Sunday is confusing?
[automerge]1571361812[/automerge]

Yeah I am sure Redcliffe are just going to put up the for sale sign and walk away from their massive business that makes millions.
[automerge]1571361926[/automerge]

Not really, look at Coates, why would you make him move from the Tweed where he has played all his football and make him leave home and move to Redcliffe when he doesn't want it. Not really the way to end up with happy kids is it or happy parents.
Works for the storm

Tell me this conversation didn't just start all over again. It's like Groundhog Day in here.

Anyone have any news about Broncos player movement or rumours, or am I in the wrong thread?
Yeah I think so , but I'm done here.

Tell me this conversation didn't just start all over again. It's like Groundhog Day in here.

Anyone have any news about Broncos player movement or rumours, or am I in the wrong thread?
It’s going to be the same team running out come round 1 with the only likely change being Fifita playing for someone else. Let that sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • sooticus
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Manifesto
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.