Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesi Niu playing for Tonga right now. Has had some good touches.

It’s going to be the same team running out come round 1 with the only likely change being Fifita playing for someone else. Let that sink in.
Side note: fifita killed it in the first 9s match. He looked like a man playing against boys. Scored twice and had line break leading to another try.

Side note: fifita killed it in the first 9s match. He looked like a man playing against boys. Scored twice and had line break leading to another try.
Whoever advised him to hold off on agreeing to any new deal until he’d played the 9’s tournament, that was honestly a stroke of genius on their part.

Whoever advised him to hold off on agreeing to any new deal until he’d played the 9’s tournament, that was honestly a stroke of genius on their part.

not really ... 9's is a completely different game to the NRL

not really ... 9's is a completely different game to the NRL
It is, but when you are swatting away would be defenders away like flies, it cant hurt your bargaining position.

Why would the QRL be partied to that? Another team in the city they have the city covered. Expansion of the QRL would need to be Woomba.

You would have to fund and have players for three grades if you're a ISC club and staff with a ground.

Costs and responsibility add up.
[automerge]1571362214[/automerge]

Why would the QRL allow a second Ipswich team?
I was told by WB after the GF that Bruce Hatcher told him it is possible Valleys will be back in ISC in 2 to 3 years. There is another Brisbane team

I am from NSW so am not familiar with QRL so please dont crucify me for not knowing the current standings of the QRL.

Given some people suggested entering a lower grade bronco squad, if a new team/club could be introduced to QRL, it is a shame logistically a bronco backed fiji team is not a viable option.

You would be expanding the league, the locals would love it, it would open pathways for fiji juniors/players and we could scatter some of our 30 man squad in the team (to familiarise with structures/combos) with their local players. Unfortunately travel for training (cause our 30 man squad need to train together), games, personal lives/living situations and finance issues make it not a viable option.

Last edited:

I think he is playing the game with his contract now and rightly so. Just a couple of things i've seen him say in the press like he is contract for next year anyway makes me thing he is going to sign with the highest bidder. Cant blame him really.

I was told by WB after the GF that Bruce Hatcher told him it is possible Valleys will be back in ISC in 2 to 3 years. There is another Brisbane team

Judging by Kooly87’s avatar he should be pleased to hear that.

If the Roosters or Storm get him it would probably be close to my final straw with this sport.
Hurry up and re-sign him. Should have been done before Offa.

Last edited:
I think he is playing the game with his contract now and rightly so. Just a couple of things i've seen him say in the press like he is contract for next year anyway makes me thing he is going to sign with the highest bidder. Cant blame him really.

If that is true than I doubt we keep him. It frustrates me to no end that we have TPJ and Offa locked up on healthy contracts yet we did not have the foresight to correctly plan for what would be required to keep Fifita.

Surely we can keep Fifita. Boyd goes next year so that’s 700k, Oates isn’t signed yet so that’s 500k if we need it. Bird can be offloaded, Milford can be downgraded or flicked if worst comes to worst.

Edit: transferring Boyd’s money directly to Fifita puts him on an 800-900k deal. So a club would have to offer him 1.1 mil, which would be stupid money, to outbid us you’d think.

Last edited:
Surely we can keep Fifita. Boyd goes next year so that’s 700k, Oates isn’t signed yet so that’s 500k if we need it. Bird can be offloaded, Milford can be downgraded or flicked if worst comes to worst.

Edit: transferring Boyd’s money directly to Fifita puts him on an 800-900k deal. So a club would have to offer him 1.1 mil, which would be stupid money, to outbid us you’d think.
1 millions is stupid money but 900 isn’t?

Boyd's contract has gone down to something like 450k this year. That money is already gone on re-signing one of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Strop
  • Battler
  • Brotherdu
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Xzei
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosMan
  • Manofoneway
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.