Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
They offered him a new contract, he turned them down to go and play union ... which is something he always stated he wanted to do before he retired.

nope, we were honest with him, telling him he wasn't in our top 17 for this season ... and allowed him to sort out his future with a club where he could be a starter in the NRL ...

I don't think i'd be exaggerating, when I say that 95% of this forum have wanted him off our books for several years before he left

yeah sure. He’s better than shibasaki tho

yeah sure. He’s better than shibasaki tho

Shibasaki only got a look in after Bird's injury (and Roberts release) ... which means Kahu was depth at best for us at the start of the season ...

he would have likely gotten a spot due to Bird's injury and Isaako's poor form ... but that couldn't be predicted

Can we convince Jordan Petaia to follow the lead of Perese somehow. Even in this Wallabies side he looks like a star.

I wish we had Mitch Moses in our number 7 jersey, this guy is a gun

We will not lose any player we want to keep - Seibold.
This is about to get tested out..

Fifita has to be locked up prior to Oates imo and preferably before nov 1.

We will not lose any player we want to keep - Seibold.
This is about to get tested out..

Fifita has to be locked up prior to Oates imo and preferably before nov 1.

November 1, really is an irrelevant date ... clubs are permitted to talk to players at any time. barring any late comers, Fifita would already be well aware of what his suitors are prepared to offer him.

BTW Oates needs to be locked up because he is off contract, while Fifita still has a year to run on his

I'd be letting Oates go to be honest. Lets face it, Wingers are a dime a dozen, second rowers like Fifita are not. And it isn't like Corey was playing out of his skin for a new contract this year anyway. His value could be realllllly useful for other, more critical positions.

I suspect in the pit of my gut that at some point this pre-season, the club and its fans are gonna have to swallow a bitter one when it comes to Corey Oates.

Last edited:
I'd be letting Oates go to be honest. Lets face it, Wingers are a dime a dozen, second rowers like Fifita are not. And it isn't like Corey was playing out of his skin for a new contract this year anyway. His value could be realllllly useful for other, more critical positions.

I suspect in the pit of my gut that at some point this pre-season, the club and its fans are gonna have to swallow a bitter one when it comes to Corey Oates.
Yep. I am a fan of Corey but if we need money and Boyd or Macca don’t move on then Oates is the logical choice to go simply because he’s off contract ( not because of form) and we have competent and cheap backup on the wing.

Everyone knows how talented Fifita is. The whole league has seen it and almost nobody can deny it. It says a lot about our standing as a club currently if we are unable to keep him imo.

Everyone knows how talented Fifita is. The whole league has seen it and almost nobody can deny it. It says a lot about our standing as a club currently if we are unable to keep him imo.

not really, given there is a salary cap. if we could offer the same million as the Eels were reportedly going to offer him and he turned us down, then that would say alot about our current standing as a club... but that isn't likely going to be the case, clubs know that to pry him away from us it will take a big offer.

IMO, the fact that clubs feel they need to offer significantly more money to our guys (like Fifita, Haas, Lodge etc) in order to convince them to leave us, says a lot about how our guys feel about playing for this great footy club

put it this way, if your current employer offers you 30% less that a competitor is able to, then you would seriously consider taking it, regardless of how you feel about your current employer ... especially if you career span is a relatively short time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Scorchie
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.