Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because they're the oldest and most likely / most realistically to be moved on, and for no other reason. It has nothing to do with people "making excuses" for anyone else.
We get it, you're not biased blah blah blah. The excuses for certain players were rampant throughout the year, even on my behalf, but whatever man. If you're cool with mediocrity and excuses, that's on you. You win. Enjoy your day

I don't necessarily mean on here. The media, the club, the fans need to hold the team more accountable. The board has no more excuses, Seibold has no more excuses, Milford has no more excuses, Boyd has no more, McCullough has no more, Gillett has no more, Isaako has no more. If they aren't the best option for the team then they have to go. In saying that, there were constant excuses made for Milford, Ofa, Isaako and Pangai throughout the year. The entire team was terrible apart from the 4 you named, yet every thread was filled with McCullough and Boyd comments. They still are actually. The excuses need to stop for everyone on every platform, except Facebook because the people who comment on Facebook posts are idiots and don't count anyway.
What do you mean Isaako has no more excuses? It was his second year and the one excuse he has, if you want to call it that, is his father is going to pass soon.

What do you mean Isaako has no more excuses? It was his second year and the one excuse he has, if you want to call it that, is his father is going to pass soon.
I am aware, but he absolutely did not just forget how to catch and stay on his wing when his dad got sick..

We get it, you're not biased blah blah blah. The excuses for certain players were rampant throughout the year, even on my behalf, but whatever man. If you're cool with mediocrity and excuses, that's on you. You win. Enjoy your day

Salty much?

Not cool with medicority in the slightest, in fact I was one of the harshest on the players you're insinuating "don't get enough blame" throughout the year.

Gillett was equally as bad, if not worse than McCullough & Boyd this season, this was Milford's worst season of first grade, Isaako was one of the worst wingers in the competition this season, Pangai Jr played about 3 good games the entire season. All of these things have been echoed throughout the season by myself and countless other people on here, if you were around, you would know that...

I am aware, but he absolutely did not just forget how to catch and stay on his wing when his dad got sick..
No but it was his second year, so he is still learning unlike McCullough etc. Who aren't going to get better.

Salty much?

Not cool with medicority in the slightest, in fact I was one of the harshest on the players you're insinuating "don't get enough blame" throughout the year.

Gillett was equally as bad, if not worse than McCullough & Boyd this season, this was Milford's worst season of first grade, Isaako was one of the worst wingers in the competition this season, Pangai Jr played about 3 good games the entire season. All of these things have been echoed throughout the season by myself and countless other people on here, if you were around, you would know that...

Like I said, I wasn't even talking about BHQ. I was talking about the media and the fans alike. I just want them to reach their potential and play good footy without the excuses being made all year. If they aren't what's best for the team then they should be demoted to Q Cup ASAP. I'm not just talking about Milford and Isaako, I'm talking about Boyd and Macca as well. Both absolutely should start the season in Q Cup. It's not about blame, it's about excuses. I don't want to hear about Seibold not getting a say in who plays (This was bullshit by the way, he had no other options), I don't want to hear about Milford not having a half to help him (He is the half that needs to step up), I don't want to hear about Isaako's dad affecting him (He was making the same mistakes before it was a thing), same with Ofa, I don't want Pangai missing half the season for dumb mistakes, I'm not going to make excuses for Boyd or McCullough either, because neither deserve the support after the last game they played. Do you disagree?

No but it was his second year, so he is still learning unlike McCullough etc. Who aren't going to get better.
And he's a winger. His job is way more simple than McCullough and Boyd. He has to catch bombs, he has to hold onto the ball when taking hitups from our own half and he has to defend on his winger. If he can't get those simple things right then he shouldn't be playing in the NRL.

And he's a winger. His job is way more simple than McCullough and Boyd. He has to catch bombs, he has to hold onto the ball when taking hitups from our own half and he has to defend on his winger. If he can't get those simple things right then he shouldn't be playing in the NRL.
So whats Oates excuse for failing in all of these requirements and he is far more experienced than Isaako

Oates made way more errors then Isaako. And McCullough can't pass which is a simple task. Broncos did okay in 2019 but obviously not great which is why people are making excuses or giving possible reasons why players didn't reach their potential this year.

So whats Oates excuse for failing in all of these requirements and he is far more experienced than Isaako
I think you've missed the point, they don't have any excuses. Oates was shit too. He went from one of my favourite players to me almost being indifferent to him leaving. My emotional attachment to any of these players is practically gone, except Haas, Staggs and Fifita.

Oates made way more errors then Isaako. And McCullough can't pass which is a simple task. Broncos did okay in 2019 but obviously not great which is why people are making excuses or giving possible reasons why players didn't reach their potential this year.
We played one good game all season. Everything else was well below par. Oates being worse is a fun excuse for Isaako. Isaako put us under far more pressure inside our own 20.

We played one good game all season. Everything else was well below par. Oates being worse is a fun excuse for Isaako. Isaako put us under far more pressure inside our own 20.
Well we finished 8th out of 16 teams which is average. Not below. But yes there is need for improvement especially for Isaako's tackle efficiency, but the most of the team will have excuses and cop criticism until we win the competition.

Well we finished 8th out of 16 teams which is average. Not below. But yes there is need for improvement especially for Isaako's tackle efficiency, but the most of the team will have excuses and cop criticism until we win the competition.
Well that's not exactly the only way to measure a season. Surely you watched the games? Which games do you think we played well in? We were shit, all year except for the Cowboys game. Did you see a game where it looked like we had a clue? I didn't. And my dumb ass watched every game twice this season.

Like I said, I wasn't even talking about BHQ. I was talking about the media and the fans alike. I just want them to reach their potential and play good footy without the excuses being made all year. If they aren't what's best for the team then they should be demoted to Q Cup ASAP. I'm not just talking about Milford and Isaako, I'm talking about Boyd and Macca as well. Both absolutely should start the season in Q Cup. It's not about blame, it's about excuses. I don't want to hear about Seibold not getting a say in who plays (This was bullshit by the way, he had no other options), I don't want to hear about Milford not having a half to help him (He is the half that needs to step up), I don't want to hear about Isaako's dad affecting him (He was making the same mistakes before it was a thing), same with Ofa, I don't want Pangai missing half the season for dumb mistakes, I'm not going to make excuses for Boyd or McCullough either, because neither deserve the support after the last game they played. Do you disagree?

Only thing I disagree with in there is the part about Isaako making the same mistakes before he found about his Dad, because his father collapsed at work and got diagnosed 2 days before the first game of the season. He was then given weeks to live in mid-June, which is when Jamayne took a couple of weeks off to go home. Of all the players on the team, he's the only one with a genuine excuse for his performances this year. I'm happy to give him a mulligan for 2019.

Only thing I disagree with in there is the part about Isaako making the same mistakes before he found about his Dad, because his father collapsed at work and got diagnosed 2 days before the first game of the season. He was then given weeks to live in mid-June, which is when Jamayne took a couple of weeks off to go home. Of all the players on the team, he's the only one with a genuine excuse for his performances this year. I'm happy to give him a mulligan for 2019.
Coming off his wing, dropping easy catches and dropping the ball from hit ups didn't start in 2019 though.

Well that's not exactly the only way to measure a season. Surely you watched the games? Which games do you think we played well in? We were shit, all year except for the Cowboys game. Did you see a game where it looked like we had a clue? I didn't. And my dumb ass watched every game twice this season.
in
It's the main way. Broncos played well in every game they won.. well better then the other team and thats all that matters on the day. That's why we need a good organizing half or less injuries in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Gaz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Allo
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • sooticus
  • Skyblues87
  • Ozired
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • Scdeac
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncs30
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.