Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan Drew given a pre-season as reward for a good ISC season with Wynnum.
Yaaaaas, Joe Bond and Liam Georgetown too? That 2013 team was so good..

Its pretty simple if you look at it.
DCE solves our halves issue and we have more than enough forwards at the club to cope with the loss of Fifita. DCE is the best halfback in the world lets not forget. A 31 years of age, he would still give us more than what any other half signing would.
Signing Fifita gives us a better forward pack but still no one to direct us. We could have the current Australian forward pack and our halves wouldn't know what to do with the field position.
We need to start thinking of the win now approach not in three years time this teams gonna be good because it wont. The good players will leave like the Tigers stars did because they aren't winning premierships.

DCE solves our halves issue and we have more than enough forwards at the club to cope with the loss of Fifita. DCE is the best halfback in the world lets not forget. A 31 years of age, he would still give us more than what any other half signing would.
Signing Fifita gives us a better forward pack but still no one to direct us. We could have the current Australian forward pack and our halves wouldn't know what to do with the field position.
We need to start thinking of the win now approach not in three years time this teams gonna be good because it wont. The good players will leave like the Tigers stars did because they aren't winning premierships.
I respect your opinion, however, you don't win premierships by losing your best players. If the club wanted DCE which I doubt, then the first player out the door would be Oates who is off contract next month, followed by Boyd next year and Macca. You mention the Tigers, releasing their better players did them the world of good, haven't made the 8 since doing so.
Obviously we need halves, but I would be locking up Fifita as an immediate priority. If we have to lose a forward to bring in a half there are also other options such as retiring Gillo. Anyway none of us really have a clue as to whats happening behind the scenes, we can all speculate. I reckon Fifita is going nowhere and neither is DCE.

But not DCE! Most over rated player ever! Please not QLD now Broncos,

I don't necessarily mean on here. The media, the club, the fans need to hold the team more accountable. The board has no more excuses, Seibold has no more excuses, Milford has no more excuses, Boyd has no more, McCullough has no more, Gillett has no more, Isaako has no more. If they aren't the best option for the team then they have to go. In saying that, there were constant excuses made for Milford, Ofa, Isaako and Pangai throughout the year. The entire team was terrible apart from the 4 you named, yet every thread was filled with McCullough and Boyd comments. They still are actually. The excuses need to stop for everyone on every platform, except Facebook because the people who comment on Facebook posts are idiots and don't count anyway.
I think Isaako and Milford both have reasons for excuses. Isaako is a fullback not a winger, and a lot of his poor defensive plays were in reaction to poor plays from Staggs, Gillett and Turpin inside him.

Milford has the excuse of not playing with a decent spine since 2016. This year he had 3 or 4 halves partners before being moved to fullback, a position he hadn't played in 5 years.

DCE also has 4 years to run on a contract that increases each year that is already around 1.2 mil, so unless we can stump up 5-6mil + and probably a 5 year deal there's no way he's going to leave money on the table at a club that is already vey competitive in the top 8.

I think Isaako and Milford both have reasons for excuses. Isaako is a fullback not a winger, and a lot of his poor defensive plays were in reaction to poor plays from Staggs, Gillett and Turpin inside him.

Milford has the excuse of not playing with a decent spine since 2016. This year he had 3 or 4 halves partners before being moved to fullback, a position he hadn't played in 5 years.
It’s just never his fault is it?

I will be the first to say losing someone close to you can ruin your ability to function. That isn't an excuse for poor form, just a fact.
Next year though is a new year and a fresh season and I would expect all our players to be judged on their fitness and trial form as for their readiness for round 1, macca, Boyd, gillet, Isaako and anyone else.
They should all have a good pre-season (unless I missed an injury, deaden and SOS aside), so they all should be hot to go.
I'm hoping the old heads put this season aside and really push their merit. I believe they will give it their best shot and it will be up to whether their bodies will let them.
Isaako hopefully has been encouraged (along with pretty much everyone else) to spend time with a sports psychologist to get his head right.
The fact that both our wingers were terrible probably speaks to a lack of confidence and cohesion across the whole squad.
If I was Arnold, I would drilling the squad with some very simple set moves to the point they can literally do so with their eyes closed and their tanks running on empty.
The same goes with defensive line inside our 30.
Milford and whoever else make up our spine need drilling with kick chases. It should never happen that a forward is left with a 5th tackle possession, as has happened this year.
Lastly, every one of 36 man squad and juniors should drilled just so. It's what Melbourne do well, and since it seems siebold an Co. admire the Bellamy method, that must be integral to it.
I assume come round there will be 2 or 3 player that fill in for every position including half.
Missed tackles from smaller players being steamrolled or bigger blokes being caught flat footed on runs happens. It just shouldnt happen from your starting 13, not preferably your 17.
Forwards kicking, small player caught flat footed on the line, and wingers, centres and 2nd rowers losing their cohesion should be left to 2019.
If we have players who fail in the most basic of these skills, they should be held accountable, regardless of their pay packet or "potential". That means Boyd and mecca but also Haas and fiffita.
People will say you can't drop superstars or greats but it has happened to some of our best in the past. Langer and Hodges have both been dropped at times in their career. Lewis was demoted.
Likewise, just because someone isn't at the top of the "potential" list shouldnt exclude them from being given a shot. Remember langer was considered too small, and smith too skinny. Tallis was considered purely an impact player off the bench. They proved their doubters wrong. I'm sure there have been a few on our list that have been similarly pigeon holed. If they can follow coaching instructions, and perform when put to the test, it should trump anything else.

Million dollar players should be winning that every year
Unless they’re lumped with mediocre coaching, a tonne of a halves partners and a moronic positional switch during the season they probably would.

Unless they’re lumped with mediocre coaching, a tonne of a halves partners and a moronic positional switch during the season they probably would.
I think the lack of halves partners helped him with the award in the first place. Being the only one doing something sometimes does not make a good player

Finally admitted that Bennett was mediocre...well done lad, I'm proud of you!

He would never have been moved if he was actually going well enough in the halves this year.

Zzzzzzzzz again, man you are boring.

Finally admitted that Bennett was mediocre...well done lad, I'm proud of you!
That is the stupidest thing I’ve ever read. If you actually took that from what I said, go have a lay down.

Jordan Drew given a pre-season as reward for a good ISC season with Wynnum.

He's a good fella Jordy. Lost his way a bit when he want to Cronulla. Bit odd when you see who we let go of and we bring him back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • Waynesaurus
  • Behind enemy lines
  • BroncoFan94
  • Foordy
  • Lurker
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Cavalo
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Spooky1013
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Harry Sack
  • MrMoore
  • Kev_Guz
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.