Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Not sure if you’ve heard of them, but that David Fifita bloke from the Broncos looks pretty good, same with that Payne Haas fella.”

Mal Meninga, with his finger very much on the pulse...

Nothing gets past you Big Mal!
Eh, I'd say it's more the papers overegging shit yet again. Probably went something like this:
"Journalist": Hey Mal would you guys sign David Fifita?
Mal: sure, if we had the cap space and chance we'd be mad not to try for him or a player like that.
"Journalist": Mal Meninga says he wants David Fifita at the Gold Coast Titans

Kahu later slammed the Broncos in a column, claiming he was “pissed off” with how the saga panned out following the arrival of new coach Anthony Seibold.

Forgot about that. What a great signing all round huh.

Matt Gillett, the club legend took for the team so the Broncos could chase a gun player, nek minut, Kahu returns apologetically to a team he left unhappily who happily want him back. Sounds like a basket case of a club to me.

i keep telling you Kahu coming back would have no affect on the money freed up by Gillett's retirement ... since there was a clause in his release allowing him back, we would have already accounted for his salary in our 2020 calculations ... especially after he rejected the Cowboys offer.

i keep telling you Kahu coming back would have no affect on the money freed up by Gillett's retirement ... since there was a clause in his release allowing him back, we would have already accounted for his salary in our 2020 calculations ... especially after he rejected the Cowboys offer.

I love your positivity, honestly. I worry though you may be giving far too much credit to an organisation currently being run like a basket case.

I love your positivity, honestly. I worry though you may be giving far too much credit to an organisation currently being run like a basket case.

while we may have had issues with salary cap management (like giving Boyd a 4 year big money contract, when he should have only gotten 2), the business side of the organisation is second to none ... we're not run by ex-footy players ... we are run by business people ... and there is no way they would have allowed us to run into a situation where we are 400k over the cap for 2020.

i actually suspect the Kahu money was where they were planning to get the money for Croft.

Starting pre season training 4 months before the season starts seems like overkill to me. Does any other sport start back so far out?

Starting pre season training 4 months before the season starts seems like overkill to me. Does any other sport start back so far out?

4 months doesn’t seem nearly enough to sort out the current shit show. Is that even enough time for Milford to drop a few kilos?

Kahu is on nowhere near $400k and his money was already factored into this years salary cap. If he had not of returned, we would have had a little more to play with, but him returning has little impact on signing Croft etc

Kahu is on nowhere near $400k and his money was already factored into this years salary cap. If he had not of returned, we would have had a little more to play with, but him returning has little impact on signing Croft etc

Great to hear! Do you have any knowledge of what is actually happening with Croft? Is it all smoke and mirrors or is he not coming?

Great to hear! Do you have any knowledge of what is actually happening with Croft? Is it all smoke and mirrors or is he not coming?
I don't think Joe wants Croft, so he probably doesn't care for any knowledge about him.

He's not coming unless someone relatively high profile leaves

Now that Smith is playing on, wouldn’t it be more appealing for Croft to stay with Melbourne as he is guaranteed success and finals unlike the broncos?

Last edited:
4 months doesn’t seem nearly enough to sort out the current shit show. Is that even enough time for Milford to drop a few kilos?

when all you need to do is eliminate sugary drinks from your diet four months is plenty of time to get shredded.

when all you need to do is eliminate sugary drinks from your diet four months is plenty of time to get shredded.

He must drink an incredible amount of soft drink to be the way he is. Unless he doesn’t do any running of any sort at training?

He must drink an incredible amount of soft drink to be the way he is. Unless he doesn’t do any running of any sort at training?
yeah I don’t personally know just going off what’s been said on here.

I wonder if the club will try to move him on to enland. It does not seem ideal to have someone come back who was angry about his exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Dash
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Jedhead
  • Justwin
  • jd87
  • Xzei
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • broncoscope
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrMoore
  • Allo
  • Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Alec
  • barker
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.