Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always argue that with the the right tweaking, letting the right players go and keeping others ( and thats not just on Seibold ) we could have been running out with a side more like this in 2019 based on our 2018 squad which would have been more competitive than our side this year imo. We would still have had an issue at 7 but the rest of the side looks stronger to me. Not major surgery needed.

1 Bird
2 Issako
3 Staggs
4 Opacic
5 Oates
6 Milford
7 Nikorima/Dearden
8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 Fifita
12 TPJ
13 Mcguire

14 Glenn
15 Carrigan
16 Joffa
17 Flegler.

Last edited:
You could always argue that with the the right tweaking, letting the right players go and keeping others ( and thats not just on Seibold ) we could have been running out with a side more like this in 2019 based on our 2018 squad which would have been more competitive than our side this year imo. We would still have had an issue at 7 but the rest of the side looks stronger to me. Not major surgery needed.

1 Bird
2 Issako
3 Staggs
4 Opacic
5 Oates
6 Milford
7 Nikorima/Dearden
8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 Fifita
12 TPJ
13 Mcguire

14 Glenn
15 Carrigan
16 Joffa
17 Flegler.

Could they have though? Given their own incompetence, it seems that even with losing two big wages in McGuire and Gillett, they STILL have no money left. Someone on a big wage still would have needed to go surely and that someone isn’t Boyd, he won’t leave because no one wants him and especially at his ridiculous price.

Could they have though? Given their own incompetence, it seems that even with losing two big wages in McGuire and Gillett, they STILL have no money left. Someone on a big wage still would have needed to go surely and that someone isn’t Boyd, he won’t leave because no one wants him and especially at his ridiculous price.

I reckon they could. We could still have cut certain players like Roberts, Sua and probably Nikorima without much impact on our squad. Our cap needs work, and it might take another 12 months or more to sort it all out, but that still doesnt mean we couldnt have had a stronger team for 2019 with the side i put out.

If we didnt spend so much time as a club fighting with Bennett and just let him go at the end of the 2018 season we would probably have been in a better position to sort our roster out.

I reckon they could. We could still have cut certain players like Roberts, Sua and probably Nikorima without much impact on our squad. Our cap needs work, and it might take another 12 months or more to sort it all out, but that still doesnt mean we couldnt have had a stronger team for 2019 with the side i put out.

If we didnt spend so much time as a club fighting with Bennett and just let him go at the end of the 2018 season we would probably have been in a better position to sort our roster out.

I don’t necessarily disagree but you can only move players if they want to move. Neither Boyd or Macca seem to want to move, even if they have pursuers (which doesn’t seem to be the case, for Boyd anyway). Also, you are assuming Gillett isn’t here for 2019, how does that exactly happen when he is coming back from a serious injury? Who would want that risk? Aside from the Bronco-idiots of course.

I just don’t think it is at all as easy as you are making it seem.

Even then, losing Boyd in place of McGuire still leaves the Broncs in their current salary cap predicament as I would imagine they were on similar wages.

I don’t necessarily disagree but you can only move players if they want to move. Neither Boyd or Macca seem to want to move, even if they have pursuers (which doesn’t seem to be the case, for Boyd anyway). Also, you are assuming Gillett isn’t here for 2019, how does that exactly happen when he is coming back from a serious injury? Who would want that risk? Aside from the Bronco-idiots of course.

I just don’t think it is at all as easy as you are making it seem.

Even then, losing Boyd in place of McGuire still leaves the Broncs in their current salary cap predicament as I would imagine they were on similar wages.

I'm just taking our 2018 side and picking a better team from it for 2019 for starters. Then, i think if they had got Seibs in earlier, the issues maybe with Roberts, Sua and Nikorima would have come up earlier, and we could have moved them on earlier. Moose may still have left as well as his Cowboys deal is a lot more than his Broncos deal.

After that, you can then look at trimming some more for 2020. Gillett we would have lost, so there is a little more from the cap gone going forward. As much as i like Joffa, he is exactly the type of player we could have saved that 500k a year on and signed just a solid, workmanlike forward for a year or 2 for half the price as we already have superstar forwards. I do keep saying it, but we need players in that category so our cap is better balanced to give us a better balanced squad.

1 Bird
2 Issako
3 Staggs
4 Opacic
5 Oates
6 Milford
7 Nikorima/Dearden
8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 Fifita
12 TPJ
13 Mcguire

14 Glenn
15 Carrigan
16 Joffa
17 Flegler.
Except we were apparently over the cap when seibold got here, opacic already gone and mcguire had to go.

I don’t want to be controversial but couldn’t Milf just drink Diet Coke instead? ?
Actually it doesn't help much. Your body treats the artificial sweeteners the same as it does real sugar, it kicks off the same hoarding, fat-storing malarkey that you get when guzzling the high octane stuff. It's fucked.

Unholy Moses
Broncos management either don’t know or don’t care about the dominance of player agent Isaac Moses at their club. The Broncos appointed Corey Parkeras an assistant to Anthony Seibold. Parker is an advocate of Moses and has been telling Broncos players to join up with his management group.
Influencer: Isaac Moses, right, seen here in 2012.

Influencer: Isaac Moses, right, seen here in 2012.Wolter Peeters
It was reported in the Sun-Herald in September that the NRL is keen to clamp down on the practice of managers having players and coaches on their books due to potential conflicts of interest.
At the time, we wrote that there’s a belief some clubs are being pressured to take players they may not necessarily want because their coach – perhaps at the behest of their manager – is pushing for them to be signed.
Any change would have huge ramifications for some of the game’s most influential managers.
Storm brewing
The rumblings out of Storm HQ is they still need to lose $400,000 or so off their cap. That’s the salary of a star player and why the talk of Josh Addo-Carrmoving to Sydney has emerged.

Weidler

Unholy Moses
Broncos management either don’t know or don’t care about the dominance of player agent Isaac Moses at their club. The Broncos appointed Corey Parkeras an assistant to Anthony Seibold. Parker is an advocate of Moses and has been telling Broncos players to join up with his management group.
Influencer: Isaac Moses, right, seen here in 2012.

Influencer: Isaac Moses, right, seen here in 2012.Wolter Peeters
It was reported in the Sun-Herald in September that the NRL is keen to clamp down on the practice of managers having players and coaches on their books due to potential conflicts of interest.
At the time, we wrote that there’s a belief some clubs are being pressured to take players they may not necessarily want because their coach – perhaps at the behest of their manager – is pushing for them to be signed.
Any change would have huge ramifications for some of the game’s most influential managers.
Storm brewing
The rumblings out of Storm HQ is they still need to lose $400,000 or so off their cap. That’s the salary of a star player and why the talk of Josh Addo-Carrmoving to Sydney has emerged.

Weidler
I didn't think Parker had a player agent... if so why would he suddenly be advocating one??

That's the way it should be anyway.

Coaches are brought in to run the footy side.

Yeah I don't see the concern. I don't see a scenario where a coach is forced to sign a player they wouldn't want.

It happens a lot more than you think it does. Not necessarily bad signings per say, but fringe players who are included to sweeten the pot. The coach may not want that player, but will take him on board if it allows them to keep another.

Haha rumblings of the fox to a Sydney club (that I, Weidler have just started). Next minute Roosters sign Fifita and the Fox on Mitchell’s money and retain Latrell also.

Actually it doesn't help much. Your body treats the artificial sweeteners the same as it does real sugar, it kicks off the same hoarding, fat-storing malarkey that you get when guzzling the high octane stuff. It's fucked.

Not entirely true
I dropped all the sugary softies and replaced them with the diet version, made no other changes, I don't really exercise, and lost 13Kg

Imagine what Milf could do just by cutting out the fizz, and with his training regimen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Mighty Bronx
  • bazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.