Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
you mean the guy who lost out on a start in the Titans team to a 26 year old with 0 first grade experience
Australian schoolboys
Queensland under 16
Queensland under 18
Queensland under 20
Then fell into a hole at the dreaded Titans. Yes I mean that guy.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Australian schoolboys
Queensland under 16
Queensland under 18
Queensland under 20
Then fell into a hole at the dreaded Titans. Yes I mean that guy.

I would have thought our current team, would be enough of a reminder that whatever was achieved pre-NRL doesn’t seem to count much, these days...

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
I would have thought our current team, would be enough of a reminder that whatever was achieved pre-NRL doesn’t seem to count much, these days...
Well it certainly didn’t count with our recruitment/ retention team on this occasion. I think their record speaks for itself.

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
Tristan Sailor wants out of the Drags. Could be good outside back depth?

if we hadn't brought Arthurs in then maybe you make a enquiry....id rather see the guys we've brought through the club have a crack at nailing down 1st grade spot if I can be honest..

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Paix doesn’t posses the skill to do that? So what are these big wraps on him all about then? Is it just another case of our players getting talked up way to much? Genuinely curious as I haven’t watched him play outside of last week.

He doesn't play hooker, he's played there for 80 minutes once and that was two years ago. You can't expect a player to have skills that he never gets to use. Souths got 60 minutes out of him round one and then he's an NRL hooker.

Last edited:
ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
He doesn't play hooker, he's played there for 80 minutes once and that was two years ago. You can't expect a player to have skills that he never gets to use. Souths got 60 minutes out of him round one and then he's an NRL hooker.
So if Paix isn’t a hooker, why did we let our only back up hooker go?

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Broncos think he can be, but they haven't made him play there leading up to last week.
But that doesn’t answer the question. Did we just gamble that Turpin wouldn’t get Injured and lost out?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
But that doesn’t answer the question. Did we just gamble that Turpin wouldn’t get Injured and lost out?

It does answer the question- they think Paix is the back up and they have two hookers.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Yes. Maybe the deal included certainty that McCullough is off the books for 2021. Although the way we are going it probably doesn't and he'll be gone when we needed him and back when we don't.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
I totally understand
i get it, why are they persisting with him playing there then? Or was the plan for him to make the move permanently in reserve grade for this year. Not sure why we let macca go then, I would have understood it if it was permanently because of the contract but it’s only this year just like Kahu. Not smart

Rico

Rico

QCup Player
Jun 4, 2016
Just read Hoopers article.
What a load of shit, starting with the headline “Bye bye Broncos: Broncos could lose another young superstar”.
I remember last year when he debuted that same 360 panel sat there and whinged about how he was too young, isn’t the organising half the broncos need blaaah blaaah, now it’s as if he is Joey Johns reincarnated, just because they see it as an opportunity for Brisbane to be yet another click bate story. I’d be shocked if he leaves.

Get a grip Hooper.
Hope your right mate - i'd be gutted ...even updated the avatar in solidarity. Brent Read seems tight with Seibs and I reckon the comment that Milford is a week away from being dropped is on the money. Another howler tonight and I'm happy to cut him loose. Dearden would have played 6 games already had it not been for the break but he's going to need some footy soon with no ISC. I have such high hopes for him that I felt his injury last year was a massive turning point. We lost direction, attacking shape after that. Not a great sign of squad strength when your seeing that from an 18 year old.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Hope your right mate - i'd be gutted ...even updated the avatar in solidarity. Brent Read seems tight with Seibs and I reckon the comment that Milford is a week away from being dropped is on the money. Another howler tonight and I'm happy to cut him loose. Dearden would have played 6 games already had it not been for the break but he's going to need some footy soon with no ISC. I have such high hopes for him that I felt his injury last year was a massive turning point. We lost direction, attacking shape after that. Not a great sign of squad strength when your seeing that from an 18 year old.
Read writes for The Australian and is a queenslander so I think he just sees through the daily telegraph BS... he's probably too honest and is just mystified at the shit coming out of their mouths

Fox league will probably dump him soon because he's not following the company line of NSWRL

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
It sure has been open season on the Broncos on Fox, getting a bit tiresome really.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
It sure has been open season on the Broncos on Fox, getting a bit tiresome really.
They want us to look fragile to try and get our juniors to leave... namely Fifita.

They've been pushing it since last year when they were talking up that we should let Fifi go to save cap space .

Now they just take a look at the Broncos contracts on NRL.com and start claiming they're all superstars.
Dearden
Herbie
Coates
Flegler

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Not to defend the detractors, but TBF we have made ourselves the easiest of targets with our performances and decisions since our last premiership.

It’s tall poppy syndrome, except we haven’t been a tall poppy for far too long.

It’s also the pile on mentality. It’s easier to go with the flow and kick someone while they are down than it is to say nothing or, harder still, go against the grain.

Very few (if any) of these journalists strike me as supremely intelligent or capable of mapping their own course, so it’s not particularly surprising.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
I think someone at the club has really, really pissed off the media at some point. I use to think the broncos hate was with how people south didn’t like WB, but since Seibold has arrived, the hate seems to have just grown.
Look at Kent speaking on the Matty Johns podcast talking about how tallis’ hate comes from the WB days, and how it is now completely seibolds fault that not many old boys are around the club. No old boys were around when WB was here, the media seem to forget that.
I dare say something went down with Kent and seibold at some point as they were on good terms when seibold was coaching souffs, in fact all the media loved seibold when he was at souffs, now that he is at the broncos it’s a totally different story. Similarly with WB the media use to say that WB was over the hill, had lost it etc but now he is at Souffs he is back to being the Supercoach.
I think the less I read and hear from the media the better.
I would love to see the club and the playing group use it as a siege mentality, it’s be brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• levikaden
  • Santa
  • kat00
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Behold
  • Strop
  • Footy Fanatic
  • john1420
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.