Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to James Hooper, we're looking likely to lose Dearden, probably to the Storm.

That'd be the most Storm thing ever, release their Halfback to us because we think he's better than Dearden, Storm sign Dearden, Dearden turns out to be significantly better than Croft.

I can almost guarantee that's how it'll play out if the Storm sign him.

I'm genuinely hopeful that we at least 'test' a Dearden & Croft halves pairing at some stage this year. I think there's a pretty good chance that's our best halves combination.

Both good defensively, both have accurate short kicking games, both not afraid to take the line on.

The only issue I can see with the pairing is that we'd be missing a really good long kicker. That's why Moses and Cleary are so valuable, not only do they have brilliant short kicking games, but their long kicking games are second to none. Perhaps it's something that Dearden & Croft can work on.

Geeeeez that'd be a bitter blow. It's hard to be angry at him for choosing to go to a team like Melbourne when looking at our current shambles.

Time to put Milf in the 14 then give Dearden the keys to the Honda Civic and hope that he stays.

I read his article.

Basically amounts to Dearden being too good for reserve grade, especially when a club like Melbourne is forced to play Ryley Jacks at 7.

So come November 1st, expect a lot of clubs to make offers.

He's just connecting the dots, at least it's better than the Mole's effort the other day. Fancy trying to pin the Broncos drop in form to the Melbourne Storm's salary cap scandal.

Last edited:
I read his article.

Basically amounts to Dearden being too good for reserve grade, especially when a club like Melbourne is forced to play Ryley Jacks at 7.

So come November 1st, expect a lot of clubs to make offers.

He's just connecting the dots, it's at least better than the Mole's conspiracy theory the other day.

Hooper also said that Milford will be on the bench this week. I don't think he has the greatest sources when it comes to the Broncos.

Hooper is just making shit up.

And like BP said, coming to the completely original conclusion of ‘good young player not playing first grade should probably be playing first grade’. The only reason it’s even an article is because it’s Brisbane.

Where are the articles about the 400 halves that the Roosters sign and never play every season?

Dearden should be starting over Milford. If we lose Dearden because the club feels obliged to play Milford, who shouldn't even be at the club in 2022, I will lose all faith in the Broncos and the NRL.

well....without it sounding like an excuse...no reserve grades playing has hurt us with our injuries..

Same for every other team. If Rooster had 6 of their starting 13 out without any match fit reserves to call upon even they would have issues..

Makes me think Dearden WILL get his time in this team, it's the only level of football he can get. So in a round about way we may well see him and Croft for a few game this year..

WTF is all the Milf hate all of a sudden. The guy is clearly better than Dearden and Croft.
Our forwards need to man up and stop getting butt raped and Milf will tear teams up under the new rule.
Swapping halves around, especially going to a novice like Dearden will not change a thing if the forwards don't aim up.

We didn’t need Croft! Did they not see enough of dearden last year to know he can play first grade?

I'd be playing Croft at 9 and dearden starting @ 7 until turpin gets back. That way dearden gets some game time and we get some experience in the 9 , might help Crofts defense too.

I’d be absolutely shocked if we lose Dearden.
Seibold loves him, stated multiple times he is our future. He is still only 19 from memory.
The media are just having absolute field day on the Broncos at the moment.
All week on 360 it’s been about how the Broncos really really full of all young guns. Then all of a sudden tonight, they’re all young guns again and every club wants all of them..
Look at it this way, both Milford and Dearden are off contract in 2021. One is on a million, the other is on about 100k.
I would HOPE this club can use some type of brains.

I’d be absolutely shocked if we lose Dearden.
Seibold loves him, stated multiple times he is our future. He is still only 19 from memory.
The media are just having absolute field day on the Broncos at the moment.
All week on 360 it’s been about how the Broncos really really full of all young guns. Then all of a sudden tonight, they’re all young guns again and every club wants all of them..
Look at it this way, both Milford and Dearden are off contract in 2021. One is on a million, the other is on about 100k.
I would HOPE this club can use some type of brains.
You seen what they’ve been up too the last couple of years? That’s what scares me!

You seen what they’ve been up too the last couple of years? That’s what scares me!
I agree and that is why I wrote hopes in caps.
However, I know from the amount of praise that Seibold has given Dearden in the past that he believes he is our future. Dont forget Seibold gave him his chance last year at 18 until he got injured. The only reason he hasn’t been chucked back in is because he is still so young. I know I personally would be re-signing Dearden WELL before Milford.
in fact, I just flat out wouldn’t offer Milford more then 200k post 2021.
It is also worth noting that the roosters flew Dearden and his family down to Sydney when he was last off contract, from memory he was 17. Joey took him out for dinner and I think politis and robinson may have also been there. Dearden knocked the chooks back, they not long after signed Sam Walker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Yellowfella
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.