Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Speaking of Dummy Halves, it strikes me as odd in a time like this that nobody has mentioned Billy Brittain, the Brisbane product who won player of the year in the NSWRL and has Captained the Residents side as well.

Good guy too, was a young captain at Norths Devils but for whatever reason he's floated around from Storm, Norths, Bunnies, Falcons, Broncos and now Dragons and never got that long term shot- he wasn't even that bad for the Dragons round 1 and 2 off the bench.

He always persists though, earned his deal at the Dragons again through a train and trial deal. He's a busy player just wants the ball and his defence is strong.

Blindside Bronco

Blindside Bronco

Broncos Fanboy
Oct 17, 2019
Yeah anyone but Benji or Farah! We don't need them. We don't have the $$$ for anyone better at the moment, might as well persist with Paix, (Turpin and Paix should be a fine combo) Plus the reason we have been getting flogged isn't because of hooker.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Yeah anyone but Benji or Farah! We don't need them. We don't have the $$$ for anyone better at the moment, might as well persist with Paix, (Turpin and Paix should be a fine combo) Plus the reason we have been getting flogged isn't because of hooker.

It’s a little bit because of hooker

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Geez the Milf love has certainly dried up around here.
He hasn't lost his ability since Rnd 1 and 2 this year.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Geez the Milf love has certainly dried up around here.
He hasn't lost his ability since Rnd 1 and 2 this year.

I’m a fan of Milf. I just would no longer miss him if he left. Under the right circumstances it could benefit both the club I support and a player I like.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I don't think that's even controversial. Centre is extremely thin in 2020, you only have to look at Origin for an example, last year we had a Fullback (Turbo), a Five-Eighth (Wighton), a Halfback (Morgan) and a Halfback turned Fullback turned Centre (Mbye) playing in the Centres.

I think in terms of 'young talent' the only Centres who you could even argue might rival Best at the moment are Staggs, Marsters, Manu & Ramien.

The most impressive thing about Best isn't even his freakish ability, it's his work rate and defence. Based on the two games I've watched of him this year I feel quite comfortable in saying he'll be regarded as the best centre in the game within 18 months.

Most disappointing thing about him is he doesn't even like cricket and his family don't either. I have suggested the nickname 99.94 and got blank looks.

He's tough, wasn't even supposed to be playing yet, he stuffed his foot pretty badly and got operated on late in pre-season.

Last edited:
Blindside Bronco

Blindside Bronco

Broncos Fanboy
Oct 17, 2019
It’s a little bit because of hooker
Nope not really. Our forwards aren't deep enough and most of the time flat-footed. It's like we are just learning the game, we've hired talented people that don't know rugby league or the simple skills of it. watch the ball, Run into the ball, catch the ball, hold into the ball and tackle, tackle, tackle !!!

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

A hooker that can hold up the markers and engage them so the poor guy getting the ball isn't getting flogged by five defenders helps a lot. The two ways good hookers buy meters for their team is running at the right time and/or holding the pass up to engage the markers so his mate is only dealing with A defenders not A and two markers. Helps halves too if everyone can't slide off and pick up the next guy because they're worried about the hooker.

Brisbane don't get either of things at the moment, Paix doesn't have the experience or skill to engage or run at the right moment and Turpin is still learning it.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
A hooker that can hold up the markers and engage them so the poor guy getting the ball isn't getting flogged by five defenders helps a lot. The two ways good hookers buy meters for their team is running at the right time and/or holding the pass up to engage the markers so his mate is only dealing with A defenders not A and two markers. Helps halves too if everyone can't slide off and pick up the next guy because they're worried about the hooker.

Brisbane don't get either of things at the moment, Paix doesn't have the experience or skill to engage or run at the right moment and Turpin is still learning it.
Paix doesn’t posses the skill to do that? So what are these big wraps on him all about then? Is it just another case of our players getting talked up way to much? Genuinely curious as I haven’t watched him play outside of last week.

Blindside Bronco

Blindside Bronco

Broncos Fanboy
Oct 17, 2019

Yes but where are the players that are better than this? That are also willing to leave their club.... Both Paix and Turpin are still learning.. nearly all the broncos are learning because they are young too! But replacing them, won't help them nor the team!

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Nope not really. Our forwards aren't deep enough and most of the time flat-footed. It's like we are just learning the game, we've hired talented people that don't know rugby league or the simple skills of it. watch the ball, Run into the ball, catch the ball, hold into the ball and tackle, tackle, tackle !!!

This constantly ticks me off. Why on earth would you just stand there and not run ever? It is easy to tell who is getting the ball, it is the only guy half jogging on to it. Everyone else just stands around watching...or dropping it...or in the case of Hoppa, both.

Blindside Bronco

Blindside Bronco

Broncos Fanboy
Oct 17, 2019
This constantly ticks me off. Why on earth would you just stand there and not run ever? It is easy to tell who is getting the ball, it is the only guy half jogging on to it. Everyone else just stands around watching...or dropping it...or in the case of Hoppa, both.
Yep abso-bloody-lutely ... But how can they run onto the ball... if they drop it jogging onto the ball 😂? Maybe we have to tell them the ball is gold. Hold the Gold!

Last edited:
Blindside Bronco

Blindside Bronco

Broncos Fanboy
Oct 17, 2019
I was taught that the ball is my baby. You wouldn’t drop your baby and you damn well wouldn’t let anyone take your baby. Worked for me, until I had to kick it. Got a bit confused there...
Don't kick the baby.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Grant isnt nailed on to stay at Melbourne. He already is allowed to leave if Cam Smith stays on after this year. I doubt he would have that in his contract if he wouldnt leave the storm. He is the one player we should chase hard.

The best hookers in the super league are clearly Clark from Warrington or Roby ( even at his age ) Parcell hasnt been that good for a couple of years really now. He isnt the answer.
Didnt we get an older english hooker before this year commenced?

Last edited:
Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
Good to see more of you onboard to have a real go at Grant.

My faith in this boards ability to do it........yeh well....???

That Walters boy would also offer us something. great number 14 option now and could be a genuine option at hooker or 5/8th if we let Milf go and Turps prove not to be another Berrigan..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.