Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting read about Seibs contract, and i have to say that both the club and seibs have done a good deal.

It’s almost like all this fake outrage and lies over his contract is just to throw shit on the club and get clicks, but that can’t be right because that would contradict their journalistic integrity.

Article from Chris Garry also saying that the Broncos are all in on Dearden. They say that he's the future star of the club, not Milford or Croft.

Reading through the lines the article was saying that Milford won't be re-signed unless something drastic changes in his form and Dearden could replace him as early as next week.

Anyone want this weeks lotto numbers?

Also I'm pretty certain Dearden signed on till 2021 because he was basically told by Seibold that he's the future of the club. Originally he had the wood over Nikorima, now he has the wood over Milford to be frank. If we get smashed tomorrow and Milford plays poorly again, Dearden will in all likelihood take his spot next week.

Article from Badel saying that there's 7 teams chasing Dearden.

Quotes from Lockyer give me a reasonable amount of confidence that he'll stay though. His final quote was "He can play Five-Eighth or Halfback, so he'll get an opportunity eventually."

In other words, watch ya back Milf.

I wasn't particularly impressed with Dearden when he played, but he was also only 18 years old. He's still got years before we can actually see if he'll make it or not...but will he actually stick around and wait if that's what it takes?

I wasn't particularly impressed with Dearden when he played, but he was also only 18 years old. He's still got years before we can actually see if he'll make it or not...but will he actually stick around and wait if that's what it takes?

I thought he was much better than Dylan Brown last year who the NSWRL media are hailing as the next big thing.

Would you do this?

Send Milf to Melbourne and get Grant.

That way, from next year you've got:

1. Niu
6. Dearden
7. Croft
9. Grant

If anyone is going to get the best out of Milf, it is Bellamy. I fear Milf is too badly broken by his last coach.

Literally in a heart beat. Grant is already a top-tier hooker imo

Would you do this?

Send Milf to Melbourne and get Grant.

That way, from next year you've got:

1. Niu
6. Dearden
7. Croft
9. Grant

If anyone is going to get the best out of Milf, it is Bellamy. I fear Milf is too badly broken by his last coach.
With pleasure. Milford can piss off, I'm done with him. Only way I'd keep Milford around is if he was willing to sign for 400k. At a million, no thank you. I'd rather keep the squad spot empty at that price and front load some contracts.

With pleasure. Milford can piss off, I'm done with him. Only way I'd keep Milford around is if he was willing to sign for 400k. At a million, no thank you. I'd rather keep the squad spot empty at that price and front load some contracts.

Yep, I'm sorry I want to love the guy I really do, he lives not far from me and I've bumped into him in public a couple of times, and he comes across as a perfectly good natured, introverted, soft spoken young man, but sadly Milf is out of time. For the coin he is on, he is just nowhere near good enough. That really is the end of the argument.

He is not worth a million dollars, and in retrospect that contract was not as smart as a few of us thought (putting my hand up). At the time we had perfectly good reason to believe Milf was going to be a superstar. We were expecting him to run the length once or twice every 2nd week, and it just hasn't eventuated. And I think 4 years is plenty of time to prove you're that footballer.

Blame Bennett for coaching his best aspects right out of him all you want, at that time we desperately needed an organizing halfback (we kinda still do), and the mistake we made was choosing to make Milford that man rather than going to market to look for someone who can let him throw the shackles off. That was always the problem: we were never going to replace Locky from within. Locky was a once in a generation footballer. You don't get two of those coming out of your own system in such a short time. We should have thrown a lot more money at someone like DCE when he was clearly having contract trouble. Despite how it ultimately turned out, why was it the Titans in the frame to pick him up and not us?

The worst part of the Luke signing is it means Milford might not ever reach his potential as an impact bench player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.