Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being on the board is in no way equating with being a CEO.

The board of directors provide oversight and direction to a CEO and they aren't full time. A CEO has to implement directions from the board and is involved in the day to day running on a business. I just don't think Ikin has the ability to run a club at CEO level.

If he came up via the administration of the club, then he'd probably be ready but to parachute someone in with no management or administration experience doesn't seem like something a publicly listed corporation would do.

Last edited:

The board of directors provide oversight and direction to a CEO and they aren't full time. A CEO has to implement directions from the board and is involved in the day to day running on a business. I just don't think Ikin has the ability to run a club at CEO level.

If he came up via the administration of the club, then he'd probably be ready but to parachute someone in with no management or administration experience doesn't seem like something a publicly listed corporation would do.
I'm not suggesting they're the same thing. I'm not even suggesting Ikin should be considered as our CEO. Someone asked what possible qualifications he could have for even being mentioned though, so I pointed probably the most obvious one of them out.

No business in their right mind appoints a CEO without substantial academic qualifications and experience in the corporate sector. An MBA is the absolute minimum accepted foundation, but even then these days that qual is expected of support staff, the CEO needs more.

Love this quote from Fittler:

"I saw Alex Glenn come out on social media – they've got so many distractions at the moment.

They should put their little phones away and go and do some training."

Hard to argue with that.

Saw that this morning and had a good laugh. He's spot on, these guys need to stop worrying about how the public perceive them and start doing their job at an acceptable standard.

"I saw Alex Glenn come out on social media – they've got so many distractions at the moment.

Hard to argue with that.

I messaged lexy on insta. said I am a die hard fan and that if the team isn’t careful they’ll get killed in the ruck. Hope he doesn’t take it the wrong way.

Hard to argue with that.
For a space cadet he seems to nail it a lot of the time.

Brent Read has an article in the Australian today talking about Paul Whites replacement. He mentions Dave Donaghy from the Storm and Ben Ikin as contenders.
Dave Donaghy would be an outstanding appointment.

I think he's done a great job on the QRL and the game is thriving, I don't even know he'd want to do it.

360 three nights a week and golf four times a week would be hard to beat.

Not sure if he's retired or just between gigs- not sure he knows but Brian Canavan has left the Knights now after righting that ship. He'd be an excellent candidate if he was keen to work again. Be full circle back to the Broncos again.

Last edited:
I think he's done a great job on the QRL and the game is thriving, I don't even know he'd want to do it.

360 three nights a week and golf four times a week would be hard to beat.

Not sure if he's retired or just between gigs- not sure he knows but Brian Canavan has left the Knights now after righting that ship. He'd be an excellent candidate if he was keen to work again. Be full circle back to the Broncos again.
Yep, he would be ideal, I hope that this is a possibility.

Yep, he would be ideal, I hope that this is a possibility.

Absolutely, best administer in league. He's done it all and hasn't been back to Brisbane since he left but Brisbane league is his passion he spent his life at Valleys and then the Broncos. Went CEO of the Roosters and then NRL and Knights and helped the Titans for a while.

When the Broncos started Canavan and Bennett were the only two full time football staff.

Last edited:

Hard to argue with that.

I lot of people wont like it, but thats the Darius Boyd mantra. Dont read the rubbish. But then i guess people will question how you can be oblivious to the criticism so the players probably cant win either way.

I lot of people wont like it, but thats the Darius Boyd mantra. Dont read the rubbish. But then i guess people will question how you can be oblivious to the criticism so the players probably cant win either way.
Until they start putting in good performances on the field, which will ultimately result in winning more than they lose, it’s hard to argue with any of the criticism directed their way.

After all, no one would be levelling any criticism at the Storm or Roosters after last nights match.

Until they start putting in good performances on the field, which will ultimately result in winning more than they lose, it’s hard to argue with any of the criticism directed their way.

After all, no one would be levelling any criticism at the Storm or Roosters after last nights match.

That wasnt the point though was it. Fittler was telling them not to bother reading it and go and train. Solid advice.

It’s fantastic advice, advice that shouldn't be isolated to football players.

Such sage advice should be extended to everyone who wastes half their day (or more) on social media - it’s a scourge.

Absolutely mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Fatboy
  • achievedrap
  • Aldo
  • Morkel
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Tmac
  • kiwi2
  • Lozza
  • Fozz
  • broncoscope
  • Bish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Old Mate
  • westy316
  • broncos4life
  • rj9
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.