Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be an inspired pick up, he has done an amazing job at the Lions.

Reactions: Gaz
It’s fantastic advice, advice that shouldn't be isolated to football players.

Such sage advice should be extended to everyone who wastes half their day (or more) on social media - it’s a scourge.
Yes, bugger off and go and do some work will you.

I'm with @1910, I think they should be going after Brian Canavan if he is in anyway interested.

Reported to be shopping Hopoate around. Bennett has already said no. His manager:

“Jamil would love to stay at the Broncos but with the salary cap there may not be room for him. Jamil has a five-year-old daughter in Sydney and he would like to be closer to her naturally. It’s tough for Jamil. He is off-contract this year, his preference is to stay at the Broncos because he likes the club and the people but he has to look at all opportunities. His dad and mum would love him to come back to Sydney to be closer to his daughter."

“At 25 years of age, ideally he would like the security of a two or three-year deal which would allow him to play his best football week-in, week-out. There’s some interest from a few clubs. It’s challenging at the moment because we don’t know the exact salary cap for next season, but we’re testing the market and seeing what’s available.”

“Any suggestion the Broncos are trying to release him is not right. Jamil travelled with the Broncos as 18th man for the Warriors game (on Saturday night). The Broncos have some salary cap restraints so they’re not sure if they can offer him anything."

“He and ‘Seibs’ (coach Anthony Seibold) had a really good chat the other day about the things Jamil needs to do to get back in the team. We’ve reached out to every club for next year. If a club offered him a deal for this year, we would have that discussion with the Broncos about an immediate release, but for the moment Jamil is doing his best to play NRL for Brisbane."

“The new style of footy suits Jamil, he has great feet, he is strong and has great energy, so his skill-set makes him an asset to anyone.”

McHunt

Last edited:
But Lodgey gets injured and we need a forward so we'll overlook Hoppa and go with the guy we dropped mid-week.

I'm sick of this salary cap excuse, he'd be on minimum wage for sure (well under any other administration anyway).

Apparently 9 clubs will be putting an offer in on Brendan Pikuara When he comes off contract in November. Second rower who trains with the main squad. From tweed heads played with dearden and Coates

Apparently 9 clubs will be putting an offer in on Brendan Pikuara When he comes off contract in November. Second rower who trains with the main squad. From tweed heads played with dearden and Coates

Good prospect and it would be great to keep him, but you can't blame anyone for leaving at the moment. Especially young guys who are concerned for their development.

I think the below video was posted a little while back, but Piakura does look to be a good prospect and looks to be solid in both attack and defence... he also plays left side.

I'd say he's still a few years off yet though, but Piakura and Fifita in the back row would have you set for a long time

I'm sick of this salary cap excuse, he'd be on minimum wage for sure (well under any other administration anyway).

just his manager trying to save face to get him another club ... better to say it's a salary cap issue, than he's simply not wanted

I just read a new figure for Jack Bird's magical contract 975k

These player options have to stop! They are what you give to a young superstar! I’d happily give a player option to Ponga, Munster or Tommy Turbo, but that is about it. Imagine how much money we’d have to play with next year if we didn’t have Bird, Milford & McCullough on (or potentially on) our books for 2021?

We also gave Turpin a player option for 2 years. That’s just crazy on an unproven player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • BroncoFan94
  • Rambstien
  • Stix
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • NSW stables
  • Brocko
  • Fitzy
  • Manlyman
  • Jazza
  • Robboi_321
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.