Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmmmmm. Interesting very interesting. 99% sure seibs will still be here next year and we will still be loosing by big margins because we cant afford to pay the 'supercoach' out.

After winning the premiership, Green has barely been better than Seibold. Yikes.
At least they both have something in common losing a player with massive potential from right under their noses. Ponga and Fifita.

Pretty sure you were up to midnight with your Kleenex box looking at images of Carrigan on google. You are like talking to a little kid. Nobody wants to read your wall of waffle. Just admit your football brain is the size of a peanut and Aiden Tolman is a shocking call. End of story.

Are you trying to make a homophobic reference because i think the exceptionally talented Pat Carrigan is a quality player? And you say its like talking to a little kid with me! Thats some quality schoolyard insult there. Ha Ha. Keep trying kid. Ask your mates at school for some better material.

Ikin was on Green’s staff at Wynnum when they went back to back 11-12.
[automerge]1595720413[/automerge]
Langer Cup this week.

Klese Haas for Keebra unsigned. Keebra are confident that won’t be the case by the end of the Cup.

Evander Tere Rongotaua- massive unit from Alf’s old school ISHS signed to Roosters.
Is that Haas' younger sibling? Is so we should sign him even if only to ensure the big man is happy with us looking after his kin. If he turns out anything like his big brother it's a bonus. It's a no brainer FFS!

Edit: Ignoring staff warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be more relevant to put this post here as someone was talking about potential targets earlier... and to also get this thread back on track.

Targets / planning that we could look at based on current player contracts and job security of players in other teams

Second Row
I think of most urgency right now is a 2nd rower as we can't run Glenn + Teo/TPJ with no depth. I want TPJ in the middle, and Teo can't handle 80... Glenn can barely get on the field at the moment.
Players of interest:
- Mitch Barnett is a free agent now
- Isaiah Papali'i is also a free agent as of now and warriors have Katoa and Tohu locked into their second row
- Angus Crichton is off contract in 2021... I actually consider Crichton to be the most complete 2nd rower in the comp
- Sua off contract 2021... if the coach is moved on we could go back in??
- Elliott Whitehead is off contract 2022... Canberra have some cap troubles and Whitehead seems like the guy that is getting moved around a bit. To me he is the kind of guy we currently need at the club. He's a winner and plays 80 minutes every week in a position we now need.

Front Row / Middle forwards
We've got promising players coming through, but they need someone with experience to guide them and lead them.... I think we would need to offload Offa to make room though.
Players of interest:
- Papa is off contract 2022... little far out, but he is a queenslander
- Nathan Brown has a PO for next year... would be a great addition to our pack.. and if we can put together a package to outdo his PO we could snag him
- Eisenhuth is available now... tried and true player in the middle
- Tamou... he might overprice himself though... hard to see him leaving Penrith
- Paul Vaughan has a PO for 2022
- Definitely not Christian Welch... he got belted by our pack on Friday... the guy is a plodder

Hooker
Turps and Paix look solid options moving forward, but we need a legitimate star in this position. I've said previously that B Smith would be my target and I think he could be pried away as earlier as next year. If CS9 plays on then go for Harry... If CS9 retires then Harry comes back and likely takes over the 9, so B Smith should be available for a move. Both come off contract end of 2022, but one of them should be available as of next year regardless of what happens... Storm can't keep them both. B Smith is the more likely to move on
Other players of interest:
- Jake Friend is available next year... see if he wants to come back to queensland. Would be a short term option to get us through to Turps, Paix, B Smith/Harry (2022), etc.
- CS9 off contract... throw the cheque book at him... he won't come anyway
- Jake Simpkin is contracted to end of 2022... but it 21 & 22 may be options (NRL.com has him down with (NRL))... he was a Brisbane contracted player up to last year and is highly touted

Halves
Dearden looks locked into one spot moving forward and we should have the cash available now to keep him... If I'm the broncos I look to upgrade and extend him right now with Fifita moving on.
Players to partner him:
- Clifford is off contract end of next year I believe... Halves pairing of Dearden and Clifford would have us with the two most promising halves coming through.
- Matt Burton off contract in 2021 and looks a genuine 6... Luai is also off contract in 2021 and also looks to be a genuine 6
- Keary off contract end of 2021... .. 2-3yr $1m contract to bring him back to qld and partner him with Dearden?
- Milford on a heavily reduced contract.... heavily reduced

Fullback
We have a few prospects coming through, but are they actually good?? Niu looks like he needs some bulking up and has been flagged by several on here that he looks more like a center... might also need some maturing between the ears...
- Reece Walsh might be ready end of next year?? Is he actually invested in the broncos or just another over hyped junior that doesn't give a shit about the club
- Drinkwater off contract 2021... will be fighting for a job when Morgan and Val come back
- Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow has a development contract through to 2022, but has no real chance of getting that fullback spot with Val there. Development contracts aren't worth much if a starting position and top 30 contract is on offer
- RTS isn't off contract until 2022... might be a bit far out, but he seems the kind of guy we should look at

Outside backs
Seems to be the one position where we have our future somewhat sorted with Herbie (must have re-signing), Staggs (look to extend him now before the wolves come) and Coates (extend same as Staggs)... we also have Arthars (who looks decent depth across the back 5) and Isaako (need to figure out where to play him and keep him there, but he may want to move on if he's Hoffman desperate for a fullback).
- Herbie looks purpose built for the wing (or maybe fullback??) and Staggs is set for right center... that leaves Coates and where to play him. I think the club see Staggs and Coates as our center pairing moving forward, but which one plays left center?
I like Coates on the right wing at the moment to learn his trade and get used to NRL...
- Oppa is off contract and could be our new Jack Reed. His opportunities in Nth Qld may be limited, but left center is wide open here.
- Will Hopoate is available end of 2021... more than capable at fullback or left center. He'll be almost 30 when he comes off contract though and will probably want a premium to move

Other players of interest. Titans... no one... we should not look to take any of their trash unless it's someone of note like Moe Fotuaika... they're in fire sale mode now with Fifita coming in on huge money and other huge money trash contracts like Shannon Boyd, Cartwright, A$H Taylor, Peach & Wallace.

Let the Sydney vultures come in and take their trash... and make them squirm for every cent of cap relief.

Might be more relevant to put this post here as someone was talking about potential targets earlier... and to also get this thread back on track.

Targets / planning that we could look at based on current player contracts and job security of players in other teams

Second Row
I think of most urgency right now is a 2nd rower as we can't run Glenn + Teo/TPJ with no depth. I want TPJ in the middle, and Teo can't handle 80... Glenn can barely get on the field at the moment.
Players of interest:
- Mitch Barnett is a free agent now
- Isaiah Papali'i is also a free agent as of now and warriors have Katoa and Tohu locked into their second row
- Angus Crichton is off contract in 2021... I actually consider Crichton to be the most complete 2nd rower in the comp
- Sua off contract 2021... if the coach is moved on we could go back in??
- Elliott Whitehead is off contract 2022... Canberra have some cap troubles and Whitehead seems like the guy that is getting moved around a bit. To me he is the kind of guy we currently need at the club. He's a winner and plays 80 minutes every week in a position we now need.

Front Row / Middle forwards
We've got promising players coming through, but they need someone with experience to guide them and lead them.... I think we would need to offload Offa to make room though.
Players of interest:
- Papa is off contract 2022... little far out, but he is a queenslander
- Nathan Brown has a PO for next year... would be a great addition to our pack.. and if we can put together a package to outdo his PO we could snag him
- Eisenhuth is available now... tried and true player in the middle
- Tamou... he might overprice himself though... hard to see him leaving Penrith
- Paul Vaughan has a PO for 2022
- Definitely not Christian Welch... he got belted by our pack on Friday... the guy is a plodder

Hooker
Turps and Paix look solid options moving forward, but we need a legitimate star in this position. I've said previously that B Smith would be my target and I think he could be pried away as earlier as next year. If CS9 plays on then go for Harry... If CS9 retires then Harry comes back and likely takes over the 9, so B Smith should be available for a move. Both come off contract end of 2022, but one of them should be available as of next year regardless of what happens... Storm can't keep them both. B Smith is the more likely to move on
- Jake Friend is available next year... see if he wants to come back to queensland. Would be a short term option to get us through to Turps, Paix, B Smith/Harry (2022), etc.
- CS9 off contract... throw the cheque book at him... he won't come anyway
- Jake Simpkin is contracted to end of 2022... but it 21 & 22 may be options (NRL.com has him down with (NRL))... he was a Brisbane contracted player up to last year and is highly touted

Halves
Dearden looks locked into one spot moving forward and we should have the cash available now to keep him... If I'm the broncos I look to upgrade and extend him right now with Fifita moving on.
Players to partner him:
- Clifford is off contract end of next year I believe... Halves pairing of Dearden and Clifford would have us with the two most promising halves coming through.
- Matt Burton off contract in 2021 and looks a genuine 6... Luai is also off contract in 2021 and also looks to be a genuine 6
- Keary off contract end of 2021... .. 2-3yr $1m contract to bring him back to qld and partner him with Dearden?
- Milford on a heavily reduced contract.... heavily reduced

Fullback
We have a few prospects coming through, but are they actually good?? Niu looks like he needs some bulking up and has been flagged by several on here that he looks more like a center... might also need some maturing between the ears...
- Reece Walsh might be ready end of next year?? Is he actually invested in the broncos or just another over hyped junior that doesn't give a shit about the club
- Drinkwater off contract 2021... will be fighting for a job when Morgan and Val come back
- Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow has a development contract through to 2022, but has no real chance of getting that fullback spot with Val there. Development contracts aren't worth much if a starting position and top 30 contract is on offer
- RTS isn't off contract until 2022... might be a bit far out, but he seems the kind of guy we should look at

Outside backs
Seems to be the one position where we have our future somewhat sorted with Herbie (must have re-signing), Staggs (look to extend him now before the wolves come) and Coates (extend same as Staggs)... we also have Arthars (who looks decent depth across the back 5) and Isaako (need to figure out where to play him and keep him there, but he may want to move on if he's Hoffman desperate for a fullback).
- Herbie looks purpose built for the wing (or maybe fullback??) and Staggs is set for right center... that leaves Coates and where to play him. I think the club see Staggs and Coates as our center pairing moving forward, but which one plays left center?
I like Coates on the right wing at the moment to learn his trade and get used to NRL...
- Oppa is off contract and could be our new Jack Reed. His opportunities in Nth Qld may be limited, but left center is wide open here.
- Will Hopoate is available end of 2021... more than capable at fullback or left center. He'll be almost 30 when he comes off contract though and will probably want a premium to move

Other players of interest. Titans... no one... we should not look to take any of their trash unless it's someone of note like Moe Fotuaika... they're in fire sale mode now with Fifita coming in on huge money and other huge money trash contracts like Shannon Boyd, Cartwright, A$H Taylor, Peach & Wallace.

Let the Sydney vultures come in and take their trash... and make them squirm for every cent of cap relief.

Matt Burton would be brilliant. I think he has a massive future. Drinkwater i think we could actually get and is a good shout.

If Green stayed at the Cowboys, i think Tommy would have been a decent shout but now he has gone, i can see the Cowboys getting their right side combination of Feldt, Opacic and Wright back together again. They were excellent last year, and with Marsters already dropped ( he has been the worst signing for any team this year imo ) he may get a new contract. His partner is from Townsville and with them expecting their first child soon he may choose to stay.

I am actually a fan of Ikin, I think he is capable of standing his ground and has the ability to be unbiased when it comes to the Broncos and frankly, I think that is needed because he will come in (hopefully) and take the needed broom to the joint.

Ikin cops a bad wrap on here at times but I don’t really know why.

I am actually a fan of Ikin, I think he is capable of standing his ground and has the ability to be unbiased when it comes to the Broncos and frankly, I think that is needed because he will come in (hopefully) and take the needed broom to the joint.

Does he still say "Believe you me"?

I have never liked the guy, don't like him on 360, didn't enjoy watching his footy, and have the opinion that he got as far as he did due to his intimate relations with a certain coaches daughter.

That being said, he seems intelligent and loves his footy, so i can get behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
  • Jeza23
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • davidp
  • Dony Eliakim
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.