Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the opacic signing. I also think we shouldn't do a titans and just pay overs for someone because we have the money there, we need experienced spine players and a hard edge forward who doesn't take a backward step.

Has anyone thought about English players. Daryl Clark and John Bateman would have been perfect in my eyes but they won't happen now. 2 year contracts, let turpin and paix develop at their own pace while the young guys gain an insight into grit, passion and being pure footy players, not just athletes.

Yes there are better players in the NRL, but there are plenty of bargains to be found in the super league. I would have loved Thompson too but not for the price he got at the dogs.

I’d love to do a swap deal - Lodge for Tohu Harris and then go all in for JWH with the money we free up moving on Bird Milf etc.

13. Carrigan
12. Glenn
11. Harris
10. Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Turpin
8. Haas

with Flegler, Pangai Jnr and Bullemor off the bench.

If bird is contracted for next year I’d be happy to roll the dice and let him play it out. We are seriously lacking some strike power now and if he manages to stay injury free it’ll be worth it.

Thinking of a little hit list now we got some cash:

In the forwards Welch would be a good addition to this side, I would be enquiring if there was a way to bring McGuire or Su’A home. Davey at Parramatta would be good for depth. Guerra seems to be having a good season and With Frizzell is on the way so might be looking for a new club

In the backs Walsh looks promising but maybe Allan would be keen to come back for more opportunity. Need a centre dont know who is off contract but wouldn’t mind Mulitalo or moving Coates to centre and trying to get tualagi for the wing. Opacic and Copley Wouldn’t be bad options either

In the halves thinking maybe Walker? with a new coach might be the start of an olive branch to the Walkers

I disagree, he is a plodder adds no value and we will be sitting lower than the titans for the next 5 years if we sign shit like him. What was the point of the new guard transition getting rid of Moose, Thaiday, Blair, if we wanted mediocre codgers should of stuck with them.

You have to be kidding. For a start, Sammy retired and we did well to transition him out of the team and play him less minutes. Blair i feel we were right to get rid of, but Moose would walk into this team. He has been one of the best forwards going around this year. He is exactly the type of player we need.

We went down the route of going with younger guys once before when we lost the likes of Thorn, Webcke and Civoniceva and it backfired. You need the blend of players. We have a bunch of forwards in their early 20's. Who is going to teach them the ins and outs of the game, some other forwards in their early 20's? We dont need the older blokes to be playing every week, we just need them around to help these younger guys transition. Thats what this club is missing. We have a void in our leadership.

We have had all this on here for a while, where people just wanted any young bloke thrown into the team and just bin off anybody getting on a bit. Well, thats pretty much what we have done and look at the results. We are a shit show of a football side thats managed to leak 337 points in just 11 games and we have only responded by scoring 142 points. Pathetic is being generous.

Just bring back Maloney for a year or two.

Get rid of Croft. Was against his signing from the beginning. Dearden to partner Maloney in the halves. Milford can play fullback or play reserve grade.

Sign some hard head from the UK.

Good stop gap signing until more players become available.

Get rid of Croft. Was against his signing from the beginning. Dearden to partner Maloney in the halves. Milford can play fullback or play reserve grade.

Maloney has already said he won't come back. He's enjoying France and I don't blame him at all

Its exactly what we need. A few short term deals to let us have a crack at better players when they come off contract.

You have to be kidding. For a start, Sammy retired and we did well to transition him out of the team and play him less minutes. Blair i feel we were right to get rid of, but Moose would walk into this team. He has been one of the best forwards going around this year. He is exactly the type of player we need.

We went down the route of going with younger guys once before when we lost the likes of Thorn, Webcke and Civoniceva and it backfired. You need the blend of players. We have a bunch of forwards in their early 20's. Who is going to teach them the ins and outs of the game, some other forwards in their early 20's? We dont need the older blokes to be playing every week, we just need them around to help these younger guys transition. Thats what this club is missing. We have a void in our leadership.

We have had all this on here for a while, where people just wanted any young bloke thrown into the team and just bin off anybody getting on a bit. Well, thats pretty much what we have done and look at the results. We are a shit show of a football side thats managed to leak 337 points in just 11 games and we have only responded by scoring 142 points. Pathetic is being generous.
Are you pushing your own agenda here?

No need need to recite how shit we are I’m well aware of exactly how shit we are.

You aren’t getting it. Why did we push in the first place to get all the old heads out of the club? And now you want to sign a washed up dogs plodder???

I’m not disagreeing about old heads in the team I’m saying don’t let go of decent ones and a year or two later sign shit ones.

Seibold has fucked the pooch already. Signing Tolman is fucking it for longer.

Are you pushing your own agenda here?

No need need to recite how shit we are I’m well aware of exactly how shit we are.

You aren’t getting it. Why did we push in the first place to get all the old heads out of the club? And now you want to sign a washed up dogs plodder???

I’m not disagreeing about old heads in the team I’m saying don’t let go of decent ones and a year or two later sign shit ones.

Seibold has fucked the pooch already. Signing Tolman is fucking it for longer.

WTF are you going on about with this agenda pushing nonsense.

For a start, you are wrong with the blokes you mentioned that we pushed them out. Sammy retired, Moose and Blair left for better offers. We didnt push a single one of them out. Only one person isnt getting it here and it isnt me. You are contradicting yourself. You said originally " What was the point of the new guard transition getting rid of Moose, Thaiday, Blair, if we wanted mediocre codgers should of stuck with them. " Then you follow it up with " I’m saying don’t let go of decent ones and a year or two later sign shit ones. " So what are they, mediocre plodders or decent players?

You clearly cant read, or just cant understand what i said. " We dont need the older blokes to be playing every week, we just need them around to help these younger guys transition. " Just to make it simple for you, that means they dont have to play much, they have to be here for younger players to learn from. Its exactly what Matty Johns was saying when he said we should have signed James Graham. The value of blokes like Tolman and Graham on short contracts is for the likes of Haas, Carrigan and Flegler to learn from.

Last edited:
WTF are you going on about with this agenda pushing nonsense.

For a start, you are wrong with the blokes you mentioned that we pushed them out. Sammy retired, Moose and Blair left for better offers. We didnt push a single one of them out. Only one person isnt getting it here and it isnt me. You are contradicting yourself. You said originally " What was the point of the new guard transition getting rid of Moose, Thaiday, Blair, if we wanted mediocre codgers should of stuck with them. " Then you follow it up with " I’m saying don’t let go of decent ones and a year or two later sign shit ones. " So what are they, mediocre plodders or decent players?

You clearly cant read, or just cant understand what i said. " We dont need the older blokes to be playing every week, we just need them around to help these younger guys transition. " Just to make it simple for you, that means they dont have to play much, they have to be here for younger players to learn from. Its exactly what Matty Johns was saying when he said we should have signed James Graham. The value of blokes like Tolman and Graham on short contracts is for the likes of Haas, Carrigan and Flegler to learn from.
If you can’t remember what’s happened the last couple of years that’s your issue. Depends who you are specially talking in terms of them being mediocre plodders or decent players, there has been a few others that why it was a blanket comment. Ok if they don’t have to play much why the **** would we sign them or why not tell Tagatese, Fensom, Parker, Thaiday Etc to stay around and hold the players hands. Ok great Marty Johns said this Matty Johns said that... didn’t Matty Johns also tell Fifita to take the deal and you want to listen to him.

EDIT: Keep personal insults out.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we can’t get Grant then how long is B Smith contracted for? The guy is a gun and might be sick of filling in here and there.

After watching Foran's career, I wonder if Brandon Smith will go the same way? Foran absolutely loved contact when he was at Manly, and it was great watching him just run hard and get smashed. Then he started to become injury prone, and I wonder if all that physicality put a big toll on his body.
Brandon Smith seems to run even harder than Foran did.

If we can’t get Grant then how long is B Smith contracted for? The guy is a gun and might be sick of filling in here and there.

He is.

I watched an interview with him on NRL Tonight about 3 weeks ago, when they asked him if he'd consider leaving if C.Smith/Grant get the nod ahead of him at hooker next season, he said 'That's up to my manager, but yes, I want to play hooker'.

He's very gettable.

If you can’t remember what’s happened the last couple of years that’s your issue. Depends who you are specially talking in terms of them being mediocre plodders or decent players, there has been a few others that why it was a blanket comment. Ok if they don’t have to play much why the **** would we sign them or why not tell Tagatese, Fensom, Parker, Thaiday Etc to stay around and hold the players hands. Ok great Marty Johns said this Matty Johns said that... didn’t Matty Johns also tell Fifita to take the deal and you want to listen to him.

EDIT: Keep personal insults out.

I'm just quoting you. You named 3 players, said they were mediocre plodders, then you contradicted yourself and said they were decent players. I also dont really understand what you mean when you say " specially talking "

Its really not rocket science in regards to having a Graham or a Tolman around even if they dont play. Its how they go about their work, how they train, things like that. Its not about holding hands, its about giving these younger blokes some leadership. We arent going to keep some of the blokes around that you are naming because they retired. Seibsold didnt want Fensom or Tagatese as he had the stupid idea of throwing a bunch of kids to the wolves. Tagatese retired last year as well anyway.

How about you offer some alternatives that are still performing to a fairly decent level like Tolman is who are off contract and we could probably pick up at a reasonable rate. Tolman is one of the few players the Storm lost and they really didnt want to lose because he does all of the one percenters. He might not make big meters these days, but he is very sound defensively, and we need that right now.

If we're going for one of the props who are off contract, Tamou would be the better choice.

Jesse Bromwich would be the best choice, but no chance of that.

If we're going for one of the props who are off contract, Tamou would be the better choice.

Tamou is a good shout, but I think Tamou only left the cowboys because he wanted to go to syndey for his wife iirc. I'm not sure either if they would come at as good a price as Tolman. Tbh, now i think about it a little more, Tolman might not be that cheap either.

Tamou on a 2 year deal would be a great fit.

I'm just quoting you. You named 3 players, said they were mediocre plodders, then you contradicted yourself and said they were decent players. I also dont really understand what you mean when you say " specially talking "

Its really not rocket science in regards to having a Graham or a Tolman around even if they dont play. Its how they go about their work, how they train, things like that. Its not about holding hands, its about giving these younger blokes some leadership. We arent going to keep some of the blokes around that you are naming because they retired. Seibsold didnt want Fensom or Tagatese as he had the stupid idea of throwing a bunch of kids to the wolves. Tagatese retired last year as well anyway.

How about you offer some alternatives that are still performing to a fairly decent level like Tolman is who are off contract and we could probably pick up at a reasonable rate. Tolman is one of the few players the Storm lost and they really didnt want to lose because he does all of the one percenters. He might not make big meters these days, but he is very sound defensively, and we need that right now.
You are playing on words, do you have nothing better to do with your night? I said "What was the point of the new guard transition getting rid of Moose, Thaiday, Blair, if we wanted mediocre codgers (INSERT WORD TOLMAN) should of stuck with them (The existing older players) including the ones you just said Seibold got rid of them because he didn’t want them. Meaning ALL of the older players in our team who have recently left for the reason of clearing the decks should have just stayed. Why the **** are we signing those type of players again. Seibold fucked it.
Sorry mate I apologise for a typo on my phone I’ll make sure I spell specifically correctly for you next time.
Wouldn’t it be better to have Broncos greats around the club showing them how to train, eat, have pride in the jersey etc as you said instead of signing someone with no allegiance to the club for a short period that isn’t playing ‘Much’ as you said, I mean if you are going to sign someone you are going to sign somebody for intent and purpose.
There isn’t any alternatives to put forward because they are either contracted or not suitable for the team. We are in a shit show.
[automerge]1595686952[/automerge]
Tamou is a good shout, but I think Tamou only left the cowboys because he wanted to go to syndey for his wife iirc. I'm not sure either if they would come at as good a price as Tolman. Tbh, now i think about it a little more, Tolman might not be that cheap either.
Tamou is a good option if possible. Tolman is not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Browny
  • barker
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.