Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Hmmm, looks like SOS might be gone in that case.
I'm going to say no loss there. He isn't that young anymore, has an injury history now, is pretty slow and a fairly rubbish defender. Yes, he has potential but that is the same for almost everyone in the NRL. I'm happy to see what Gamble has got and he is a base wager, so even better.

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
I'm going to say no loss there. He isn't that young anymore, has an injury history now, is pretty slow and a fairly rubbish defender. Yes, he has potential but that is the same for almost everyone in the NRL. I'm happy to see what Gamble has got and he is a base wager, so even better.
Yep, I agree mate, good call.

Reactions: Gaz

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Manly have just released this young bloke, plays fullback and halfback. Apparently is one of the quickest in the game. Luke Metcalf is the name.

Last edited:

FaithinHook

NRL Player
where did you see they released him?
Just a random on twitter, so not verified. Looks pretty sharp young kid though so if he is looking for a new club, perhaps we could accomodate him.

From the reactions I've just seen from Manly fans, they are none too happy as he is apparently pretty highly rated as an up and coming gun fullback. Also former Jersey Flegg player of the year.

Last edited:

The Fisherman

U18 Player
1. Patrick Carrigan(c)
2. Patrick Carrigan(c)
3. Patrick Carrigan(c)
4. Patrick Carrigan(c)
5. Patrick Carrigan(c)
6. Patrick Carrigan(c)
7. Patrick Carrigan(c)
8. Patrick Carrigan(c)
9. Patrick Carrigan(c)
10. Patrick Carrigan(c)
11. Patrick Carrigan(c)
12. Patrick Carrigan(c)
13. Patrick Carrigan(c)

14. Patrick Carrigan(c)
15. Patrick Carrigan(c)
16. Patrick Carrigan(c)
17. Patrick Carrigan(c)

CEO: Patrick Carrigan
Coach: Patrick Carrigan
Assistant Coach: Patrick Carrigan
Defensive Assistant Coach: Patrick Carrigan
Attack Assistant Coach: Patrick Carrigan
Recruitment/Scouting Manager: Patrick Carrigan
Waterboy: Patrick Carrigan
UberEats delivery for Milford: Patrick Carrigan
Hope he doesn't get injured or we are buggered hey!

Tstev92

NRL Player
There's no way they released him, he's one of manlys brightest prospects
i am surprised but they do have DCE, Cust, Crocker, Schuster and potentially Foran. Only other spot is fullback but that’s Turbo‘s.

There is the whole ‘he’s too small’ stigma too

Last edited:

GKDonkey

State of Origin Rep
i am surprised but they do have DCE, Cust, Crocker, Schuster and potentially Foran. Only other spot is fullback but that’s Turbo‘s.

There is the whole ‘he’s too small’ stigma too
*Croker (he's Jarrod's cousin by the way) hasn't really shown too much as far as I'm concerned. I'd say cust is gone almost.The thing with the full back spot is that you could guarantee at least half the season if you were backing him up. He's always injured

Tstev92

NRL Player
*Croker (he's Jarrod's cousin by the way) hasn't really shown too much as far as I'm concerned. I'd say cust is gone almost.The thing with the full back spot is that you could guarantee at least half the season if you were backing him up. He's always injured
Although I agree Manly do love heir utility value from their depth players, Cust can play 6,7,9 and was just re-signed. Croker is very similar and they have always relied on Elliott to cover Turbo as well as any backline gaps and by the looks of it Funa is doing something similar

Don’t get me wrong Metcalf is better than most of them but being off contract, too small in many people’s eyes and perhaps the newest into the side of the lot I wouldn’t be surprised if they did let him go. Their loss if true someone will pick him up

Last edited:

Mightybroncs2k17

QCup Player
On the whole Brandon Smith, Cam Smith, Harry Grant situation, my understanding is they both want to play starying hooker?? I know it was reported Brandon Smith penned a letter to the storm saying if Cameron plays on he wants to leave. So is it accepted that Harry Grant is happy to go back to playing backup hooker for the storm once Cameron Smith departs?

Seems a bit strange to me that despite Cameron Smith seemingly calling it quits next year that both Grant and Smith are happy to remain at the storm? Surely one of them still leaves?

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
On the whole Brandon Smith, Cam Smith, Harry Grant situation, my understanding is they both want to play starying hooker?? I know it was reported Brandon Smith penned a letter to the storm saying if Cameron plays on he wants to leave. So is it accepted that Harry Grant is happy to go back to playing backup hooker for the storm once Cameron Smith departs?

Seems a bit strange to me that despite Cameron Smith seemingly calling it quits next year that both Grant and Smith are happy to remain at the storm? Surely one of them still leaves?
Smith hasn't called time yet I don't think (even though it's 99% certain) so I don't think this conversation will ramp up until he does. It could also just be a case of Melbourne not leaking like sieve when it comes to this sort of in house stuff.

Mightybroncs2k17

QCup Player
Smith hasn't called time yet I don't think (even though it's 99% certain) so I don't think this conversation will ramp up until he does. It could also just be a case of Melbourne not leaking like sieve when it comes to this sort of in house stuff.
So i guess what I'm getting is there is still a decent chance, even with Cameron retiring, that one of Harry Grant or Brandon Smith will want to go to a club that they can be first choice hooker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.