Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness who is Pies going to sign in the spine to fix it up ?
We have cash from Fifita, Boyd and Kahu.
He won’t sign a half or 5/8 because we are invested in Dearden and Croft. Hooker = Turpin and Paix. Fullback he will persist with Bird or Milford.
His ignorance and arrogance to not change will mean that our backs and forwards will remain the same.

He won’t sign a half or 5/8 because we are invested in Dearden and Croft. Hooker = Turpin and Paix. Fullback he will persist with Bird or Milford.
His ignorance and arrogance to not change will mean that our backs and forwards will remain the same.

Keary and / or Grant.

Hopefully he will not be here next year.
The biggest problem I see is for the first time in a long time we are going to have some cash to spend, but there is no-one 'game changing' that we can sign imo.
Grant won't be leaving Melbourne. Keary won't be leaving the Roosters. We desperately need a top tier FB and/or hooker.
If somehow we were able to land a Grant or Keary, Munster etc we would have to pay massive overs 1mill+ I dare say.
IMO I would be trying to move Bird, Milford, Oates and Isaako amongst the already gone in Boyd and Kahu and going all out for a 2 or 3yr deal for C.Smith.
By all out, I mean 1.3-1.5mill + assistant coaching role once retired.

But in all likelihood we will re-sign Milford or Taylor will probably end up back at the club.

just having a look at some of the off contract players for next year now we have the money set aside for Fifita plus money from Kahu and Boyd to play with and here is what i would do with it.

The second Cam Smith decides to play on, get on the phone to Grant and try to get him up here for 2021 the Storm can't start him at hooker with Smith still on the pay roll, we could also offer him a decent contract that the Storm wouldn't be able to since the have to pay Smith.

I would also look at Tolman from the Bulldogs. A solid experienced forward from the Bulldogs who could lead our pack of kids. probably wouldn't cost us too much for a year or too as well

then we have Herbie. I think he will go alright on the wing. wouldn't cost us much to re-sign

I would re-sign Isaac Luke as a back up. won't cost us much at all.

just having a look at some of the off contract players for next year now we have the money set aside for Fifita plus money from Kahu and Boyd to play with and here is what i would do with it.

The second Cam Smith decides to play on, get on the phone to Grant and try to get him up here for 2021 the Storm can't start him at hooker with Smith still on the pay roll, we could also offer him a decent contract that the Storm wouldn't be able to since the have to pay Smith.

I would also look at Tolman from the Bulldogs. A solid experienced forward from the Bulldogs who could lead our pack of kids. probably wouldn't cost us too much for a year or too as well

then we have Herbie. I think he will go alright on the wing. wouldn't cost us much to re-sign

I'd seriously look at bringing Opacic back from the Cowboys. Low maintenance, relativley cheap and solid enough. Would enable us to spend money elsewhere. We have to accept we arent going to have superstars all over the park, and players like Tom would be ideal. Tolman is another great shout as well. Both are exactly the type of value for money signing that would enable us to throw better money at key players.

Tolman? You must be having a laugh

Tolman? You must be having a laugh

He would be great. We need some experience in our forwards. He has always been consistently solid. We have enough good young forwards, we need a bit of know how in this squad now.

I’d love to do a swap deal - Lodge for Tohu Harris and then go all in for JWH with the money we free up moving on Bird Milf etc.

13. Carrigan
12. Glenn
11. Harris
10. Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Turpin
8. Haas

with Flegler, Pangai Jnr and Bullemor off the bench.

He would be great. We need some experience in our forwards. He has always been consistently solid. We have enough good young forwards, we need a bit of know how in this squad now.
I disagree, he is a plodder adds no value and we will be sitting lower than the titans for the next 5 years if we sign shit like him. What was the point of the new guard transition getting rid of Moose, Thaiday, Blair, if we wanted mediocre codgers should of stuck with them.

I’d love to do a swap deal - Lodge for Tohu Harris and then go all in for JWH with the money we free up moving on Bird Milf etc.

13. Carrigan
12. Glenn
11. Harris
10. Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Turpin
8. Haas

with Flegler, Pangai Jnr and Bullemor off the bench.
JWH is apparently signed to chooks for 3 more seasons.

Harris would be nice, I think he’s signed until 22

Contracts don’t mean much though, so I just hope we are being aggressive and making enquiries.

I disagree, he is a plodder adds no value and we will be sitting lower than the titans for the next 5 years if we sign shit like him. What was the point of the new guard transition getting rid of Moose, Thaiday, Blair, if we wanted mediocre codgers should of stuck with them.
Well as it turns out having a 20 year old forward pack isn't ideal. Maybe Pies shouldn't have had McGuire walk, but that's in the past. A few old heads wouldn't be a bad idea if they're the right ones.

Well as it turns out having a 20 year old forward pack isn't ideal. Maybe Pies shouldn't have had McGuire walk, but that's in the past. A few old heads wouldn't be a bad idea if they're the right ones.
Agree... if they are the right ones... Tolman is washed up and is not the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • marw
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  • Pablo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • mieko
  • Justwin
  • Thelmus
  • Morkel
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.