Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they make the call one or two years before they have to, they do it early and have faith they have the next LM, Pearce, SKD, Guerra or Napa ready to go or if not ready will be and we can carry them for two years.

Other clubs take them because they're still playing well just not Roosters well.
ie like Wayne Bennett used to do at the Broncos during the 90s

dont want to beat a almost dead horse here...

If Macca, Boyd and Milf were Rooster players instead of Broncos players...would they still be on their books today...?
I believe Milf would be a hell of a player at the Roosters. Great forwards laying a good platform, good service, players who can run shapes and decoys and a coach who actually knows how to develop plans to use his players' best attributes? He'd be a gun.

This is all completely hindsight of course. There was little, if any, arguments against him leaving, especially considering we had Arrow and then Carrigan waiting in the wings. And of course the rumours of him being a rat, and of him antagonising the younger forwards. And being a grub.

I'm sure Arrow had signed for the Titans well over a year before McGuire left for the Cows.

I'm sure Arrow had signed for the Titans well over a year before McGuire left for the Cows.

I can't remember the exact timeline, but I don't ever recall any of us responding with "but who will play lock?". Ie, the position seemed covered.

Oh, Gillett retiring too fucked us over, unfortunately that was not a "decision" that was made.

I can't remember the exact timeline, but I don't ever recall any of us responding with "but who will play lock?". Ie, the position seemed covered.

Oh, Gillett retiring too fucked us over, unfortunately that was not a "decision" that was made.
Yep, don't think Arrow was an option but we were seduced by the hype and potential of Offa, Fifita, Haas, Carrigan, Flegler and Lodge as well as a Harvard educated, soapy balls, music with training above game speed intensity new coach to worry about Moose leaving at the time.

Jason Saabs about to become available, but i dont believe he will leave Sydney...
[automerge]1596512923[/automerge]
I believe Milf would be a hell of a player at the Roosters. Great forwards laying a good platform, good service, players who can run shapes and decoys and a coach who actually knows how to develop plans to use his players' best attributes? He'd be a gun.

possibly, considering Milfs age i cant rule out that he would be a key player there..

Boyd and Macca though would have been moved on years ago though...

Funny thing about Boyd, the only coach he wanted to paly under was WB...

And you think "ah, thats cute, Father and Son there etc.."

And then you see how hes played under Siebs....

mmmmmmm......maybe something in that after all...?

Last edited:
Personally I don't think our forward losses have been the major contributor to our current situation, our biggest fark up was the Taylor and Bird sagas, we got caught with our dicks in hands, we got reamed by our brainless mates down the highway after doing them a favor, it left us short in the halves, we then proceeded to pass on every half that came onto the market sticking solid that 'we would make do with what we had'.

Then somebody in their infinite wisdom at the club also thought it was a great idea to spend stupid money (our half money) on Bird, a guy who had been playing in a position we already had covered, oh and we didn't bother to obviously do a medical either.

The amount of screw ups one after another at this club is just incredible.

Last edited:
Then somebody in their infinite wisdom at the club also thought it was a great idea to spend stupid money (our half money) on Bird,

we didn't spend our half money on Bird ... we signed him and were still negotiating with Taylor 6 months later ... we just decided not to offer him the $1 million a season that the Titans offered him ... looks like that was a fucking good decision

Last edited:
Funny thing about Boyd, the only coach he wanted to paly under was WB...

And you think "ah, thats cute, Father and Son there etc.."

And then you see how hes played under Siebs....

mmmmmmm......maybe something in that
No not really. But then I know Boyd never wanted to leave the Broncos in the first place, didn't want to leave this time around either, and I don't think it's particularly funny to have a go at a bloke who'll likely never know who his genetic father is for having a good relationship with a coach who has mentored many young men.

Personally I don't think our forward losses have been the major contributor to our current situation, our biggest fark up was the Taylor and Bird sagas, we got caught with our dicks in hands, we got reamed by our brainless mates down the highway after doing them a favor, it left us short in the halves, we then proceeded to pass on every half that came onto the market sticking solid that 'we would make do with what we had'.

Then somebody in their infinite wisdom at the club also thought it was a great idea to spend stupid money (our half money) on Bird, a guy who had been playing in a position we already had covered, oh and we didn't bother to obviously do a medical either.

I don't think any of this happened the way you describe it.

I still want Macca to come back but as a lock or even a back up 6 / 9. I think he is perfect for what we need as a lock. He hits and sticks, he glues the middle together and goodness me this side needs that and he is great defensively and covering work. He should not be the 9 but as a 13, he could be exactly what is needed in the short-term, so long as he is willing to change position. Carrigan moves to 8/10 and Haas moves to the second-row.

If he comes back I think he will be like Kahu this year. We may be contractually obligated to carry him due to our own stupidity with the contracts we give out, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he is getting anywhere near game day...

That is re-writing history my friend, we had money for Bird AND Taylor at that time, Bird didn’t take our ‘halves money’. We put in a big offer to Taylor after we had signed Bird.

For reasons unknown however despite missing out on Taylor due to stupid money once again being thrown at a player by the Tits, we didn’t use that money to buy another quality half, we just spread it around the group we already had, to obviously stunning effect...

I don't think any of this happened the way you describe it.

Oooops................. ahhh yes.....I've refreshed my memory 😎, Bird was signed early 2017 and Taylor signed his $1M contract with Titans late 2017.

I still believe the club thought Taylor would come back for less money and budgeted for that, when the Titans offered him the $1 million the club was caught out, the money we used on Bird could have been used to go to the market for a quality half.

He's not even really the right position for us. Sure, we have a lot of guys out of form, but at full strength and playing well our middle rotation is actually quite solid.

What we lack now is any sort of depth in our Edges and outside of Staggs our backline offers very little to worry opposition teams, and is complete shambles in defence.

Outside of an elite Fullback and/or Dummy Half those are the two areas I'd be lashing out on some talent for long before I saw us buy another expensive middle Forward.
I agree and would point out that I don't advocate for expensive middle forwards rather an older head, dependable, serviceable prop and second rower of the same ilk. We need a bit more experience on the park to help settle our team when flustered. A centre like that might be good too. Get them and also tell two guys that 5 marks 5 and 2 marks 2 and we win more than we lose.

No not really. But then I know Boyd never wanted to leave the Broncos in the first place, didn't want to leave this time around either, and I don't think it's particularly funny to have a go at a bloke who'll likely never know who his genetic father is for having a good relationship with a coach who has mentored many young men.

wasnt having go, just a observation yes..

And....I most certainly didnt have his actual Father in mind when I wrote that at all..

When I read your reply my stomach churned....thats was most definitely not my intention...It didn't even cross my mind

So we are clear; if anyone else thought I was attacking that part of Boyds life then my apologies...and if I read such a post myself then my reply to it would mirror abashii's...

Would anyone be interested in Corey Norman at fullback if he came cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.