Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone be interested in Corey Norman at fullback if he came cheap?
Nope ... he'll be 30 next year (yeah that old) and has done **** all in his career apart from 4 try assists in his debut, but I guess commentators are still waiting for him to be the next Lockyer.

About the only thing he brings is a long kick... but he has zero leadership skills to be the halfback we need

Last edited:
Nope ... he'll be 30 next year (yeah that old) and has done **** all in his career apart from 4 try assists in his debut, but I guess commentators are still waiting for him to be the next Lockyer.

About the only thing he brings is a long kick... but he has zero leadership skills to be the halfback we need
Wasn't thinking halfback was thinking fullback even for a year depending on who is coach next year

A new CEO like to put down a marker early in his new tenor.....might be what your seeing here (this was before Fifita left though so...)

But.....being a grub didnt hurt Sam Burgess career, or James Grahams...

Did those 2 clubs have the gumption to move those guys on after every failed judciary hearing...?
Very much like your use of the word 'tenor'.

No not really. But then I know Boyd never wanted to leave the Broncos in the first place, didn't want to leave this time around either, and I don't think it's particularly funny to have a go at a bloke who'll likely never know who his genetic father is for having a good relationship with a coach who has mentored many young men.
Well said, you bastard. I feel bad now.

Last edited:
Not a chance in hell. We already have one lip service motherfucker in Milford.

[/QUOTE[/QUOTE]
I still want Macca to come back but as a lock or even a back up 6 / 9. I think he is perfect for what we need as a lock. He hits and sticks, he glues the middle together and goodness me this side needs that and he is great defensively and covering work. He should not be the 9 but as a 13, he could be exactly what is needed in the short-term, so long as he is willing to change position. Carrigan moves to 8/10 and Haas moves to the second-row.
Taumalolo, Victor Radley, J Trbojevic, Cameron Murray, Dale Finucane, Luke Thompson, Nathan Brown....... and then McCullough? He isn’t in the same category and should not be considered at 6 either.

Last edited:
would i be interested in Norman...??

Turn that question around...

Would i be interested in Widdop...???

I would love Widdop. Perfect for our team, can fill in at fullback too if needed. Would also provide great leadership, which is especially lacking in the spine

2021:
1. Bird
6. Widdop
7. Dearden
9. Turpin
14. Paix

2022:
1. RTS
6. Widdop
7. Dearden
9. Turpin/Paix

Last edited:
Taumalolo, Victor Radley, J Trbojevic, Cameron Murray, Dale Finucane, Luke Thompson, Nathan Brown....... and then McCullough? He isn’t in the same category and should not be considered at 6 either.
To be fair to sproj, i dont think he was trying to imply macca was in the same league as those players but we do have to acknowledge we cant afford champions in all positions but look at what else they bring to the team as a collective. As sproj has said, macca does provide some components missing in our team at the moment.

Also, his ball playing at 6 is a no, but as sproj said, this would be coverage in worse case scenario of an injury during a game. There was a game last year where turpin was binned when he was playing 7. Macca defended at 7 whilst turpin was off and our troublesome right side defence was the best it had ever been all year because of his communication and experience. No tries were scored despite us being a player down.

To be fair to sproj, i dont think he was trying to imply macca was in the same league as those players but we do have to acknowledge we cant afford champions in all positions but look at what else they bring to the team as a collective. As sproj has said, macca does provide some components missing in our team at the moment.

Also, his ball playing at 6 is a no, but as sproj said, this would be coverage in worse case scenario of an injury during a game. There was a game last year where turpin was binned when he was playing 7. Macca defended at 7 whilst turpin was off and our troublesome right side defence was the best it had ever been all year because of his communication and experience. No tries were scored despite us being a player down.
I always respected what McCullough brought to the game but I too thought we needed more. We certainly could do with his skills and influence but who could foresee the catastrophe the teams become.

As sproj has said, macca does provide some components missing in our team at the moment.
He can be big daddy.

HTA

Last edited:
I honestly don't think anyone who watches a decent amount of footy would want him.
Wildly inconsistent and not a good senior player that you want to your younger ones to look up to.
If he paid us to play so that having him actually increased our salary cap, I may reconsider :)

Hooper has a story up on Fox saying TPJ has been ringing around trying to get a start elsewhere. Roosters were mentioned but not interested. It is Hooper though so who knows?

Hooper has a story up on Fox saying TPJ has been ringing around trying to get a start elsewhere. Roosters were mentioned but not interested. It is Hooper though so who knows?
But, but Junior said he wanted to be a Bronco for life. Say it aint so Tevita.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncorob
  • Scorchie
  • Skathen
  • LittleDavey
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • azza.79
  • Fitzy
  • lynx000
  • BruiserMk1
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Galah
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.