Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
a) he isn't off contract

b) it is likely contract negotiations will be put on hold temporarily until a new coach is hired
He is next year and can talk to other teams after November can he not?

He is next year and can talk to other teams after November can he not?

yep and we'll need to wait until a new coach comes in before negotiations resume

1000% disagree ... Fifita left because he was offered to be made the highest paid forward in the history of the game (and equal highest paid player)
Had we been a well coached team in contention, he would have taken less to stay. He had two options on the table both by absolute basket cases so he took the higher offer.

yep and we'll need to wait until a new coach comes in before negotiations resume
I’m just getting Fifita flash backs, clubs would absolutely have him their radar.

Had we been a well coached team in contention, he would have taken less to stay. He had two options on the table both by absolute basket cases so he took the higher offer.

even your messiah wouldn't have been able to stop him leaving in the face of that offer

He's not my messiah but he 100% would have.

Tenor

BowedShadowyBlacklemur small

On an unrelated note talk about humble players, the current mob could learn from the likes of Webcke, Thorn and Civoniceva.

Last edited:
On an unrelated note talk about humble players, the current mob could learn from the likes of Webcke, Thorn and Civoniceva.

so, who is the shock coaching contender

so, who is the shock coaching contender

Thorn.

Or at least he's got Webcke's endorsement because he knocked back the All Blacks during his playing days because he wasn't ready.

That is one beautiful thumbnail.

I heard it before we signed Seibold that Thorn was being strongly considered for coach after Bennett.

Ok, believe what you will, and yes Seibs fostered the environment. But Seibold wanted to buy him when he was coaching Souths. Then Su'A hit a spot of bad form and from all reports felt the pressure of underperforming at the Broncos. He chose to chase the opportunity to go to Souths.

Yes, it is a shame he is now playing well. Yes, it's a shame Seibold flopped. The combination was not working. If it means he is now played into form, then good for him. Let's not lump it 100% on Seibold. Seibold had hopes for him that didn't pan out. Bennett was also interested and Su'A made the decision to leave. Maybe you can see why I disagree with the 100% figure.
It wouldn't matter if Bennett, Bellamy, Robinson and the ghost of Jack Gibson all wanted to take him out for a quick round of golf with Uncle Nick. He was under contract at the Broncos, the only reason we released him was because Seibold thought it was a good idea. At the time he was on the nose with Seibold for whatever reason, as I recall it was less that he wanted to leave so we let him go and more he was not wanted here so he found a new club.

To be honest, I remember a lot of people not caring at the time, especially as he kind of stunk it up for a while. Maybe we can get him back when he's available again.

What do you do next year? We aren't the Roosters, we can't sign an SBW, Keary, Jennings and one or two other big name stars in the offseason and escape scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.