Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m super weary of smith, he’s a gun but stiles me as someone who goes so fucking hard he’s going to break himself.

Would you rather Milford’s philosophy of not going hard incase he does break himself?

ive heard that De Belin has a contract on the table for him at Saints should be be aquiited during his trial later this year.

So, if that came to pass, then McInnes would move out of lock and go back to dummy half.

This is where the story about Hunt leaving is coming from i suppose? So, dunno what hapens if De Belin is found guilty...does Hunt stay at Saints in that case?

Also, i think this could be wrong, but Hunt has a PO for 2023. Do we really want to go there...?

Plus, he is 30 years old, i get the experience angle, but as a part of our spine at 9, by the time Dearden and whoever our next fullback will be (assume internal appointment, Isaako, Niu or Herbie even) hitting their 100th NRL game and become established spine players for us then if Turps isnt ready we then need to find another hooker.

Hunt isnt on the same timeline as the other guys we are trying to build as a spine.....so food for thought...

Maybe his best attribute will be showing the grass isnt always greener on the other side to our young brigade..?

I don't think we don't need another rookie in the spine unless they are super talented like Grant. Better to have someone with experience to help out Dearden's development,

I don't think Hunt is THAT good though, 600K certainly isn't a steal IMO.

There's no way on earth that 3 years / $600K for literally nothing except an extra roster spot (for which you obviously have to pay someone to replace him) is objectively more valuable to your side than 3 years / $1.2M for Hunt.

Even if you replace Hunt with a minimum wage contract, you're only pocketing $485K (min wage = $115K in 2021) per year.

Who are you going to find for $485-600K that's going to provide more value to you than Hunt? That money doesn't buy you shit in the current era. That's how much guys like Joe Ofahengaue, Adam Doueihi, Josh Jackson, Jarrod Wallace, etc are paid. Unless the Dragons manage to pay below market value for a star player, that's never going to be worth it.
No one is going to take Hunt on for $1.2M, so unless they do that deal, he stays there.

7 news said big Papa might be wanting to come home

Fucking get him
Yeah, he was interviewed and said his parents are getting old so I guess wants to spend more time with them .

Last edited:
Meaning Hunt could move into six and Turpin off the bench to cover Milford if he goes down injured or leaves entirely. And yes, someone who shows up every week and puts in effort would overall be a better option than Milford who shows up once a month. Granted, milfs better when he’s on but that’s very rare.
I'm unconvinced that Hunt should be either halback or five eight. I don't mind him as a hooker and I could see him playing lock when in attack. That said, mixing roles up in-game isn't ideal. Until Hunt publicly owns the gf clusterfuck I don't believe he will free himself to return to a chief playmaking role.

God damnit, I do my posting on my stupid phone and I don’t proof read, which I should because I know you’re lurking around in here.
Sorry😣 it was funny that another poster did it too. One little e changes everything! At least you didn't abuse me🙂

Sorry😣 it was funny that another poster did it too. One little e changes everything! At least you didn't abuse me🙂
I wouldn’t, I find it funny to be honest, as I’m very aware of the difference between the two and when I get a notification from you my first thought is “what’s the prick found now” lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Financeguy
  • Broncs1459
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Big Del
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.