Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christian Welch might be a good option to lead the young forwards. He's only 24 but seems to have a good head and puts in effort
[automerge]1561374408[/automerge]
Plus if take any of those off contract players as full back. They're all an improvement
If TPJ leaves I'd get Welch, otherwise I wouldn't. We need backs and players who can score. I mean really, sure Oates is one of the leading try scorers but our back 5 does not excite me at all... We need some speed and Xfactor in the back 5. Scott Drinkwater would have been perfect for us. Move Boyd to centre, drop Shibasaki and we look much more formidable.

We are running into the issues the cowboys have, stacked forwards but no one who can score.

If TPJ leaves I'd get Welch, otherwise I wouldn't. We need backs and players who can score. I mean really, sure Oates is one of the leading try scorers but our back 5 does not excite me at all... We need some speed and Xfactor in the back 5. Scott Drinkwater would have been perfect for us. Move Boyd to centre, drop Shibasaki and we look much more formidable.

We are running into the issues the cowboys have, stacked forwards but no one who can score.
Yeah we definitely need backs but there's no decent backs off contract and Broncs don't have the pulling power they used to. I also think our forward pack is too young and needs more leadership although Offa should be back this week which should be a bonus. Lachlan Maranta is available! 🤞

Please please just stop. Every fucking post with this Boyd agenda. We, bhq cannot do anything about Boyd so stop fucking whining to us about him. Call the club, go in person, start a petition but for ***** sake, shut up will ya ?

But harsh he was only trying to have a joke not start another debate on Boyd.

How good is Tommy turbo going. I don't understand why more fullbacks don't support the ball like he does. I remember how good Robbie Ross was at it back in the day. And I know he didn't play fullback for nsw but he does it week in week out for manly. Whoever is coming thru for us I hope has some of this in their game.

How good is Tommy turbo going. I don't understand why more fullbacks don't support the ball like he does. I remember how good Robbie Ross was at it back in the day. And I know he didn't play fullback for nsw but he does it week in week out for manly. Whoever is coming thru for us I hope has some of this in their game.

Amazing how manly found another set of brothers to replace the Stewart brothers in identical postions except even better. Why can’t the broncos find a new Lockyer or even a new Wendell sailor ffs.

Offer the Titans a trade, TPJ and Sua for Jai Arrow

The Mole reporting we are signing 22 year old prop Rhys Kennedy from Souths.

Last edited:
Brisbane are set to sign South Sydney depth player Rhys Kennedy according to the Mole.

Also a story about the Bulldogs chasing Turpin, but those are old reports and he's set to sign a one year deal with the Broncos.

The Mole reporting we are signing 22 year old prop Rhys Kennedy from Souths.

He's actually 24 going on 25.

Kennedy has been around the NSW Cup scene for awhile. He's hitting that age where he's physically coming into his peak but I struggle to see him as anything more than a squad player.

Christian Welch might be a good option to lead the young forwards. He's only 24 but seems to have a good head and puts in effort
[automerge]1561374408[/automerge]
Plus if take any of those off contract players as full back. They're all an improvement

I'm sure he signed elsewhere recently

Our recruitment, best in the business...

I imagine this is how the meetings go.

“Right guys, we have a rea issue at the moment with our spine. Our hooking options have big questions marks and we have the worst fullback in the game. Add to that that we are overloaded with rookie forwards and desperately need some experience there”

“What if we add another rookie forward”

“I think he’s got it!”

Last edited:
But harsh he was only trying to have a joke not start another debate on Boyd.
Riiiigggghhhhtttttt. It's neverending though and painful, the subject of Boyd that is. Otherwise okay so okay, I'll lighten up...a bit.

This is the off-contract list for this year.

Pretty slim pickings when it comes to what we need.
Tim Mannah is exactly the style of seasoned, no frills, hard head this young pack needs.

On the right money, I’d take him tomorrow.

Tim Mannah is exactly the style of seasoned, no frills, hard head this young pack needs.

On the right money, I’d take him tomorrow.
I think he is looking for a big paying swansong in Super League.

We have signed Rhys Kennedy (prop) from Souths
Jarro65 has beaten me to it.

Last edited:
There’s the guy the Broncs we’re clearing he decks for! What a signing, superstar in his own right.
[automerge]1561418396[/automerge]
He looks the tiniest bit like Michael Schumacher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Strop
  • Financeguy
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncorob
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Footy Fanatic
  • eggstar10
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
... and 68 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.