Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well today is D-Day, so no more signings it seems.

What signings were we expecting?

Also right about now out there Seibold is on a plane with his face buried in a laptop trying to work out what the **** he's gotten himself into.

What signings were we expecting?

Also right about now out there Seibold is on a plane with his face buried in a laptop trying to work out what the **** he's gotten himself into.
I am fully expecting Gagai on a 5 year deal worth $8mil. Would not surprise me given how well we are going this season.

Are the numbers stacking up? We seem to have a lot of forwards on 500k plus and 4 backs on 500k to 1m. It doesn't leave a lot to go after any fullback or centre unless we can shed some players and not have to pay them in full.
Milf 1m
Oates 500k
Bird 700k
Boyd 750k
Lodge 700k
TPJ 600k
Haas 600k
Gillett 700k
Offa 500k
Macca 400k
Glen 350k

Total $6.8 Mil

Last edited:
Well today is D-Day, so no more signings it seems.

It’ll be the announcement that club legends Andrew McCullough and Darius Boyd will be broncos for life. They also have coaching jobs post playing in their favour with a view to take over seibold as co-head coaches. Macca to run the forwards and defence. Boyd to run the backs and attack.

Are the numbers stacking up? We seem to have a lot of forwards on 500k plus and 4 backs on 500k to 1m. It doesn't leave a lot to go after any fullback or centre unless we can shed some players and not have to pay them in full.
Milf 1m
Oates 500k
Bird 700k
Boyd 750k
Lodge 700k
TPJ 600k
Haas 600k
Gillett 700k
Offa 500k
Macca 400k
Glen 350k

Total $6.8 Mil
That's a lot of money, for a lot of forwards, that do a lot of nothing

Still 12 hours and 10....no 9 minutes!
Guessing signings already done whether they are existing or incoming but cannot be announced until we are cap compliant.

It’ll be the announcement that club legends Andrew McCullough and Darius Boyd will be broncos for life. They also have coaching jobs post playing in their favour with a view to take over seibold as co-head coaches. Macca to run the forwards and defence. Boyd to run the backs and attack.
Boyd to run defence and effort areas and macca to run attack and speed drills... Oates occasionally helps out with ball handling skills and lodge does the community/fan interaction work ..

I agree Lodge has been exemplary in his time here with the Broncos. Unfortunately, only certain types of people are capable of the threatening behaviour be exhibited in the US. When we signed him I did not want him. I am tolerant of the decision to keep him but I want him no where near the captaincy.

In regards to Israel I do not agree with what you said and I don't wish to pursue any potential debate which could derail this thread. I simply wanted to point out the hypocrisy of many fans.
[automerge]1561791388[/automerge]

agree Lodge has been exemplary in his time here with the Broncos. Unfortunately, only certain types of people are capable of the threatening behaviour be exhibited in the US. When we signed him I did not want him. I am tolerant of the decision to keep him but I want him no where near the captaincy.

In regards to Israel I do not agree with what you said and I don't wish to pursue any potential debate which could derail this thread. I simply wanted to point out the hypocrisy of many fans.
No no no. You clearly have no idea about the things that virtually ALL humans are capable of doing. We are all monsters, it's just that the combinations required to unleash our monstrous side rarely happens. You only have to see an otherwise placid 17 year old lass turn into a shrieking violent banshee with just a tiny portion of the right(wrong?) chemicals to know unexpected change can happen. You sound like you believe you are in 'the cut above' class and only certain people (you know, not as good as you) can be monsters.

I am fully expecting Gagai on a 5 year deal worth $8mil. Would not surprise me given how well we are going this season.

For the right price, I would love Gagai to come home...for the right price.

I think Lodge on five years is great...for the right price.

Looking at contract reports for Boyd, Bird, Gillett, Milf though, I'm really scared about how much Lodge and TPJ, even Oates will be re-signed for.

Asipeli Fine and Tyson Gamble are new additions to the Dolphins squad I believe.

Gamble is a good half. I like the way he plays.

Milf 1m
Oates 500k
Bird 700k
Boyd 750k
Lodge 700k
TPJ 600k
Haas 600k
Gillett 700k
Offa 500k
Macca 400k
Glen 350k

Total $6.8 Mil
I don't believe those figures. In my opinion most of them seem exaggerated except for Milford. I believe Boyd's is much closer to 600k but do think that's 450k above correct weight.

Have we decided that Milford is our fullback now?

Would like to see him develop there.

Who bloody knows. We all thought our dummy half would be the 1-2 punch of turps and segs.

No no no. You clearly have no idea about the things that virtually ALL humans are capable of doing. We are all monsters, it's just that the combinations required to unleash our monstrous side rarely happens. You only have to see an otherwise placid 17 year old lass turn into a shrieking violent banshee with just a tiny portion of the right(wrong?) chemicals to know unexpected change can happen. You sound like you believe you are in 'the cut above' class and only certain people (you know, not as good as you) can be monsters.

That's a bit rich coming from you huge. It's not hard to refrain from threatening to take a person's life.

Going off this count we don’t have space for any additional signings for this season unless they take a development spot each means more rookies:

Bird
Boyd
Carrigan
Dargan
Dearden
Fai
Fensom
Fifita
Flegler
Gillett
Glenn
Haas
Hopoate
Isaako
Kennedy
Kenner
Lodge
Mago
Macca
Milf
O’Sullivan
Oates
Ofanhengaue
Paix
TPJ
perese
Segeyaro
Staggs
Tagatese
Turpin

Develop
ment?
Coates
Farnworth
Bullemor
Vudogo

If we can sign a good half, then sure, I'd like to see him get a decent shot there. Like if those rumours about Cody Walker ended up being true (I dunno about him at Origin level, but he's a gun at NRL level).

That's a bit rich coming from you huge. It's not hard to refrain from threatening to take a person's life.

It was a mistake he has paid dearly for and has spent the years since trying to make up for it. I understand it would hard for you to see this from all the way up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brotherdu
  • Hoof Hearted
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lurker
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dazza 92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.