Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Tristan Sailor is off contract as well, he might be a bit of a cheapie to bolster our backs worth considering. He seemed to go okay in the few games he got for the Dragons.

Was just listening to a replay of MMM this morning. Dobbo’s little gems: Darius to pull the plug, Macca to Super League, Milford to the Storm and Val to the Broncs.

Was just listening to a replay of MMM this morning. Dobbo’s little gems: Darius to pull the plug, Macca to Super League, Milford to the Storm and Val to the Broncs.

All of those things sound pretty reasonable tbh. Storm were rumoured to be interested in Milford a couple of years ago. It also makes sense on the front that neither Croft or Hughes are elite Halfbacks, and Munster / Papenhuyzen have the Fullback & Five-Eighth positions on lock.

I could see some very large changes if Milford, Boyd, McCullough & Boyd all go. Something like -

1. Holmes
6. Walker
7. Townsend
9. Turpin

Honestly, if I'm milf and the Storm make me an offer I go. Same with Fifita, Oates. Try to snag a premiership in Smith's last year.

All of those things sound pretty reasonable tbh. Storm were rumoured to be interested in Milford a couple of years ago. It also makes sense on the front that neither Croft or Hughes are elite Halfbacks, and Munster / Papenhuyzen have the Fullback & Five-Eighth positions on lock.

I could see some very large changes if Milford, Boyd, McCullough & Boyd all go. Something like -

1. Holmes
6. Walker
7. Townsend
9. Turpin

Which Walker is this mate?

I would enjoy watching this side develop. A lot of up side and a lot of cap space. Any pain would be worth the gain. I’d be open to signing some value players like Lachlan Coote, Brad Takairangi or Blake Austin on 1-2 year deals in order to slowly transition the juniors in. This sort of experience would solidify our squad and make it an actual contender every week.

1. Lachlan Coote -> Herbie Farnworth
2. Xavier Coates
3. Brad Takairangi -> Izaia Perese
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Blake Austin -> Corey Paix
7. Josh Drinkwater -> Thomas Dearden
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Jake Turpin
10. Thomas Flegler
11. Corey Oates
12. Matt Gillett
13. Payne Haas
17. Joe Ofahengaue

15. David Fifita; ....yeh....we need to talk....quietly....out of earshot...

1. Holmes
6. Walker
7. Townsend
9. Turpin

A halves pairing of Munster and Milford would literally cause Bellamy to drop dead in the coaches box. No way Belly wants Milford still unless Pap is moving on and one shifts to fullback.

Why ? To save cap space for hasbeens ? This is just getting worse by the minute. But then again sterling didn’t want parra to sign him as well apparently because he has an attitude problem. But he seems to know how to lead a team around the park. The test will be against a storm team out for revenge.

see...this is why im not averse to chasing Brodie Croft..Moses was a ratbag but he came form the a basket case of a footy club before joining Parra. He has obviously matured and committed himself to buying into what the coaching staff are telling him plus a change of scenery...

Why cant Croft rediscover his best form with us? Change of team, matures, relishes being given responsibility for leading a NRL team...?

He may not mind, never know but such paucity of decent halfs in this comp...

Which Walker is this mate?

Cody I'm assuming, apparently he is looking around.

Personally I would prefer to keep milford, move him back to 6 and pickig up a halfback (like Croft), but that would of course depend on freeing up some coin with Macca and Boyd.

Last edited:
Cody I'm assuming, apparently he is looking around.

Personally I would prefer to keep milford, move him back to 6 and pick a halfback (like Croft), but that would of course depend on freeing up some coin and what happens to Macca and Boyd.

Right wasnt thinking of him. Thanks. He would be a good pick up.

Cody doesn't really solve our organising half problem tho, I think Croft probably could.

Last edited:
sorry...explain how the fuk Storm afford Milford..!!??

I mean, they'd have to let go of one or 2 serious talent to make that work..?

sorry...explain how the fuk Storm afford Milford..!!??

I mean, they'd have to let go of one or 2 serious talent to make that work..?

He's under contract for potentially two more years, if the Broncos say you're free to go and are desperate enough they will pay some of his salary. Storm could pick him up for 50%.

That's why all this I'd drop these 18 players is so ridiculous. They still have to get their money and it is coming from somewhere. If that is 100% Broncos or 50% Storm and 50% Broncos.

Then you have to go buy a replacement, so you're paying Milford to pay for Storm and buying a new guy.

Only blessing would be that they no longer take up a spot in your 30, which they would have two years ago.

Last edited:
so....pay a rival to take a player to beat you....

...er....whats not to like.....i guess..???:eyetwitch:

I'd really like to see how Milf would go at the Storm. I think he would reach his potential there. Not so sure at the Broncs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Rambstien
  • Big Del
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • Astro
  • Mustafur
  • bazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Manifesto
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.