Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that is wrong for a fact. Bird will not be at Penrith. Dylan Walker will be signing with Penrith very soon. You can take that info to the bank.
Both would be pretty good outside Cleary... Bird being confirmed gone wasn’t the troubling part of the rumour anyway... it was the Fifita gone and the insistence on walker being considered....

It wasnt though. Sensible people who know how recruitment and retention work, who see things without bias, realise its not on one bloke. Obviously, he is a player Wayne wanted to keep. Generally, i think every coach instigates bringing players to the club that will suit them as a coach. That will be the same at all clubs. Its just whether the deals can be done.

I think at the time he renewed most people thought 4 years was way too long. I myself said at the time his contract value was a fair one, but i'd have only given him 2 years. I find it a bit odd that Nolan, Locky and to a lesser extent, White all though 4 years was a good deal as well. Same as the deal Gillett ended up with, didnt make any sense to me. I dont absolve Bennett from any responsibility for his deal, but i just wont cop people giving him the lions share of the blame when that's just not correct.
[automerge]1569126271[/automerge]

I probably wouldnt!

Tbf, at the time, our fulback options were probably Hoggman, Kahu, Barba and Strasser. Not much to choose from!

Yeah the dally m winning fullback Ben Barba would’ve been a terrible choice of fullback.

If they named two centres in the team of the year he’d be there with Perese.
Out of curiosity, what happens if he doesn't win a full time contract from the Broncos? Is he still able to be signed by a Queensland Cup club?

Wtf are you going on about, how do I not get it,
I stand by original comments, there is no doubt that the ONLY reason Boyd is here and subsequently re-signed is because of Wayne, IF WAYNE didn’t want him Boyd WOULDNT be here. Are you telling me the club would have committed a further 4 years if Wayne didn’t want him?

I also said that it’s the clubs fault for bowing down in giving a 30 year old Boyd a massive 4 year player option deal.

if you go back to that time before he was resigned, i do believe that Boyd was the glue that held the spine together, its normally the half's you'd assign that moniker but we had a bit of upheaval during WB last 18 months there so at the time, he really was a outstanding option at the 1 so a new deal was arguably the right decision, though we can argue like we are the duration of it, which was obviously too long...

The drop off has been alarming but at the time i was pretty ok with it...

But what i cant understand to this day is giving a long term contract to a bloke who broke his neck....never understood it then...still dont now...

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what happens if he doesn't win a full time contract from the Broncos? Is he still able to be signed by a Queensland Cup club?

I’d say if he doesn’t win a deal he will get a contract with a team down here. Probably part of his train/trial deal they might have already lined up a gig with Wynnum either way.

I’d say if he doesn’t win a deal he will get a contract with a team down here. Probably part of his train/trial deal they might have already lined up a gig with Wynnum either way.
Yeah that makes sense. Thanks.

At the risk of sounding like a Bennett psycophant, I believe had he not left we’d be running with SOS at 7 and niko would be at 14 and last year was a holding pattern.
Fixed it. You're welcome

At risk of stirring up a hornets nest.. it was just announced that Israel Folau will be playing for Tonga in their Rugby League internationals later this year against Great Britain and Australia.

Maybe trailing for an NRL contract? If Greenturd allows it, of course.

At risk of stirring up a hornets nest.. it was just announced that Israel Folau will be playing for Tonga in their Rugby League internationals later this year against Great Britain and Australia.

Maybe trailing for an NRL contract? If Greenturd allows it, of course.

Wow, Tongan Rugby League give zero *****, clearly lol baby shit can't be happy with that.

If he's available, what the **** ever. Sign him to play Fullback. And that's coming from an Atheist who is hell bound lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.