Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the fark are we re-signing Fifita.
Get it done before Nov 1 ffs
Quite clearly we are waiting for souths to get an exemption from the cap for burgess injury so they can sign fifita.

Oh and on inglis' "medical retirement", i heard he played at the koori knockout. I thought he was medically unfit to play footy?

I'm not claiming to have inside info. I was in a box during the South's vs Penrith game at ANZ this year and am telling you fact, otherwise I wouldn't name a player. Gagai's contract was up in the air and I mentioned that and said let's swap him for Boyd and had a laugh. The blokes in the room laughed and said I highly doubt he would be headed to Brisbane with Seibs there. Maybe I misread it and they just had a personal issue, it seemed to stem a lot further than that though. I'm just throwing in my 2 cents, see it how you will.
Oh you were in a private box with several 1st grade rabbiths.....no big deal, just keep us updated on this no big deal thing.

Paul White on channel 7 saying Bird will probably stay. I am happy about that. He wasn’t the problem.
Yes that makes sense as my friend who plays for the dragons wasn’t convinced that the bird deal was finalised . As usual money was the stumbling block. I’m glad he’s staying as he never gives up and can play centre and fullback two positions we need to be competitive. We’ll have to change our name to the brisbane blues soon. Just joking 🙃.

He's also the only one who actually has something to offer the team.

Throw him in at fullback I reckon, and it's one problem solved.
Agree. Big ✅ to Wayne for getting him even if he didn’t know where to put him. He is without a doubt the type and style of player we need. I wish we had an entire back line full of Jack Bird type of players.

Well if Bird is staying then he is the logical choice for captain. Just hope he can stay injury free as he is a weapon.

Well if Bird is staying then he is the logical choice for captain. Just hope he can stay injury free as he is a weapon.
That’s an interesting observation. If he’s committed to the Broncos long term then he should be a candidate. Whether he’s committed to us past his current contract is the question.

Oh you were in a private box with several 1st grade rabbiths.....no big deal, just keep us updated on this no big deal thing.
I was in the Aqualand box and players stopped by. It's not uncommon.

Bird’s effort was top notch, his form was ok but let’s no forget he is coming back from an ACL it will take some time to come back, he Won’t be fit enough to give us what we need at fullback

The problem is if Bird stays where is our halfback money coming from?

Bird’s effort was top notch, his form was ok but let’s no forget he is coming back from an ACL it will take some time to come back, he Won’t be fit enough to give us what we need at fullback

He has been training now for a while i believe.

He has been training now for a while i believe.

I am sure he is, he would the most frustrated person right now he just wants to play footy but to put him in a position like fullback after a Serious knee injury, and the fact he hasn’t completed a season for two years, would be unfair to put that on him.

I Hope he gets there physically he could be a gun at fullback. First time I saw him play was under 20’s for the dragons, he was named at lock but got shifted to fullback and he carved us up It was such a Dominant reformance I always remembered his name

I'm happy for a 2-for-1 deal, Macca and Boyd to the Warriors :rooock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Old Mate
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • levikaden
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.