Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people grow up in a family environment where drinking loads of soft drink is the norm, it can be a hard habit to break. Especially when you're surrounded by it everywhere.

Some people grow up in a family environment where drinking loads of soft drink is the norm, it can be a hard habit to break. Especially when you're surrounded by it everywhere.

Bloody oath. For some people it's pretty much a drug addiction. Not sure if Milf fits into that category.

Some people don’t get paid a million dollars a year to keep their body at peak physical condition. Less excuses for Milford please

Some people don’t get paid a million dollars a year to keep their body at peak physical condition. Less excuses for Milford please

Yeah exactly this.

Bloody oath. For some people it's pretty much a drug addiction. Not sure if Milf fits into that category.

It's just a caffeine and sugar addiction. You are not going to have the same withdrawal as with drugs, especially if you just gradually decrease the amount you have.

It's not about excuses, more about looking at the fundamental drivers of a counterproductive behaviour. There's a lot that could be said about how shit food choices are formed and reinforced at a very young age and can have a deep and lasting impact throughout our lives, but unless the Broncos are rumoured to be signing a top level obesity researcher and probably some marketing ***** this probably isn't the thread for taking it any further.

It's not about excuses, more about looking at the fundamental drivers of a counterproductive behaviour. There's a lot that could be said about how shit food choices are formed and reinforced at a very young age and can have a deep and lasting impact throughout our lives, but unless the Broncos are rumoured to be signing a top level obesity researcher and probably some marketing ***** this probably isn't the thread for taking it any further.
Milford isn’t living our lives. He’s earning one million dollars a year. If I can cut out soft drinks from my diet without a top level obesity researcher he can for ten years while he earns his millions. After that he can do whatever he wants but until then his diet is fair game for paying members of the club he represents. Also that sounds like an excuse.

Milford isn’t living our lives. He’s earning one million dollars a year. If I can cut out soft drinks from my diet without a top level obesity researcher he can for ten years while he earns his millions. After that he can do whatever he wants but until then his diet is fair game for paying members of the club he represents. Also that sounds like an excuse.

Giving a reason for someone doesn’t always equate to an excuse. As far as I can see in this thread, no one has excused it, just given reasons why it might have happened in the first place.

His lack of fitness is totally on him, he is paid more than enough to have incentive to break bad ingrained habits.

Giving a reason for someone doesn’t always equate to an excuse. As far as I can see in this thread, no one has excused it, just given reasons why it might have happened in the first place.

His lack of fitness is totally on him, he is paid more than enough to have incentive to break bad ingrained habits.
noun
/ɪkˈskjuːs,ɛkˈskjuːs/
a reason or explanation given to justify a fault or offence

At most they’re guessing. What I do know is that he’s not at his peak physical condition because he’s making bad choices when he has every reason not to. I don’t care about the reasons behind it. If he’s not doing his best for the club then **** him. Same goes for everyone else at the Broncos.

noun
/ɪkˈskjuːs,ɛkˈskjuːs/
a reason or explanation given to justify a fault or offence

At most they’re guessing. What I do know is that he’s not at his peak physical condition because he’s making bad choices when he has every reason not to. I don’t care about the reasons behind it. If he’s not doing his best for the club then **** him. Same goes for everyone else at the Broncos.

So you quote me, pretty much back up everything that’s been said and then imply you are disagreeing?

I don’t think anyone is happy with Milf’s training effort, lack of fitness.

**** me there are some miserable and bitter people on this forum.

I'm certainly not happy with how we went last year but in the scheme of things we reached the same point of the season as 2018 under Bennett which we had a shit house exit in the first round of the finals too.

Last year Seibold made some massive changes to the squad.
2018 we lined up with the following.
1. Boyd - Wing or Q Cup
2. Oates
3. Kahu - Probably won't play first grade and likely offloaded.
4. Roberts - Gone
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Niko - Gone
8. TPJ
9. Thaiday - Gone
10. Lodge
11. Gillett - Retired
12. Glenn
13. McGuire - Gone
14. Sua - Gone
15. Sims - Gone
16. McCullough - Likely Q Cup as depth.
17. Joe O

Comparing the top 30 squad from then until now we have made some massive changes. Yea the recruitment hasn't really bought in that big name player yet but for those thinking that Croft is our saviour are the same people who will carry on like dickheads when he doesn't deliver instant success to the team.

A few of the players like Macca, Boyd, Kahu etc are out of our control. If there were ways to **** them off, they probably would already be gone. Apart from that Seibold has to make the most of them being in the squad. Boyd, he brings leadership and is liked by the players, if he plays Q Cup then that is fantastic as he would be perfect for depth. Theres a chance he starts on the wing which isn't ideal but if it happens I can deal with that purely to have some experience on the field.
Macca isn't bad at all, he's the same Macca that has been playing for the last 5 years. He's serviceable. If he starts at hooker ill be pissed as id prefer to see Turpin/Paix but if injuries happen, ill welcome him to the spine.
Kahu, likely won't see first grade and I can see him being shopped by June 30 after his injury is rehabbed. It was a gamble that the broncos took with the 2nd year in his contract and if it wasn't for a long term injury, he likely would've been clear of our books this year. Brings experience and depth to our squad. Not a big deal.

Apart from that, our squad looks promising. I thought Blake Green may of been an option to come to our team but I don't feel like there are any other players in the open market who offer more than Dearden. Apart from the 7, what is wrong with our team? None of our spine played more than 5 games together and a full pre season will be brilliant for us.

I hope we run out lined up like this next year.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Coates/Farnworth
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Glenn
13. Joe O
14. Paix
15. TPJ (injured I know)
16. Carrigan
17. Flegler

I can't see it being as much of a shit show in 2020 as it was this year.

I'm certainly not happy with how we went last year but in the scheme of things we reached the same point of the season as 2018 under Bennett which we had a shit house exit in the first round of the finals too.

1. Boyd - Wing or Q Cup
2. Oates
4. Roberts - Gone
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Niko - Gone
8. TPJ
9. Thaiday - Gone
10. Lodge
11. Gillett - Retired
12. Glenn
13. McGuire - Gone
14. Sua - Gone
15. Sims - Gone
17. Joe O

Comparing the top 30 squad from then until now we have made some massive changes. Yea the recruitment hasn't really bought in that big name player yet but for those thinking that Croft is our saviour are the same people who will carry on like dickheads when he doesn't deliver instant success to the team.

A few of the players like Macca, Boyd, Kahu etc are out of our control. If there were ways to **** them off, they probably would already be gone. Apart from that Seibold has to make the most of them being in the squad. Boyd, he brings leadership and is liked by the players, if he plays Q Cup then that is fantastic as he would be perfect for depth. Theres a chance he starts on the wing which isn't ideal but if it happens I can deal with that purely to have some experience on the field.
Macca isn't bad at all, he's the same Macca that has been playing for the last 5 years. He's serviceable. If he starts at hooker ill be pissed as id prefer to see Turpin/Paix but if injuries happen, ill welcome him to the spine.
Kahu, likely won't see first grade and I can see him being shopped by June 30 after his injury is rehabbed. It was a gamble that the broncos took with the 2nd year in his contract and if it wasn't for a long term injury, he likely would've been clear of our books this year. Brings experience and depth to our squad. Not a big deal.

Apart from that, our squad looks promising. I thought Blake Green may of been an option to come to our team but I don't feel like there are any other players in the open market who offer more than Dearden. Apart from the 7, what is wrong with our team? None of our spine played more than 5 games together and a full pre season will be brilliant for us.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Coates/Farnworth
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Glenn
13. Joe O
14. Paix
15. TPJ (injured I know)
16. Carrigan
17. Flegler

Mate you had better leave, you are making too much sense.

Mate you had better leave, you are making too much sense.

He did make a lot of sense but it can be hard to see that in the antagonistic tone and sweeping generalisations which were not really necessary.

Or Mr Million dollars could just drink fucking water.
What a novel concept

1. Boyd - Wing or Q Cup
2. Oates
4. Roberts - Gone
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Niko - Gone
8. TPJ
9. Thaiday - Gone
10. Lodge
11. Gillett - Retired
12. Glenn
13. McGuire - Gone
14. Sua - Gone
15. Sims - Gone
17. Joe O

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Coates/Farnworth
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Glenn
13. Joe O
14. Paix
15. TPJ (injured I know)
16. Carrigan
17. Flegler

Yeah he made massive changes and we performed worse. Top notch job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Santa
  • Broncosgirl
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Morkel
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • Organix
  • Financeguy
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.