Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of like the idea of Mitchell at fullback, but i'm not sure how he would fit in.
[automerge]1575168877[/automerge]

Yeah, he has been an important part of a club that competes at the top, wins premierships and lives up to their reputation as one of the heavy hitters of the NRL. We dont do that kind of thing here.
He’s clearly a fuckwit though

I kind of like the idea of Mitchell at fullback, but i'm not sure how he would fit in.
[automerge]1575168877[/automerge]

Yeah, he has been an important part of a club that competes at the top, wins premierships and lives up to their reputation as one of the heavy hitters of the NRL. We dont do that kind of thing here.

His attitude also sucks and he is lazy, which is the opposite of what we are working towards. This isn’t a view held by only myself and is something that has seen him be dropped by NSW and has the Roosters nowhere near wanting to pay his asking price, a price that would see us lose Fifita at the very least.

Credit to the snarky response though.

Last edited:
Who would swap Milford for Mitchell?

I don't know, I still think Milford is/or at least could be the best 5/8 in the game if he turned up. If Seibold wants him at fullback though, I'd swap him in a heart beat.

To be honest, his attitude recently has completely put me off. Add in the fact that pretty much every club has dropped out of the race to sign him suggests to me that he's not going to fit in anywhere at the moment. His training and fitness level probably makes Milford look like Cronk at the moment too.

He's got massive potential, but it's going to take some REAL tough love and actual willingness from him to be a fullback IMO. I have a feeling he's got even less drive than Milford at the moment.

His attitude also sucks and he is lazy, which is the opposite of what we are working towards. This isn’t a view held by only myself and is something that has seen him be dropped by NSW and has the Roosters nowhere near wanting to pay his asking price, a price that would see us lose Fifita at the very least.

Credit to the snarky response though.

Why was it snarky? Its right isnt it? I'm not seeing a single bit of evidence to suggest there is a big change in culture at this club. Not in a positive way anyway.

I do agree, he can be lazy at times in terms of his defence, i'm not convinced his attitude is bad though. I think he is a bit of a grub tbh, and i dont like the way he carries on when he is on the field, but at the same time, we also have our own player who has a bit of grub in him as well.

I dont see how its going to cost us Fifita either. We have already offered Fifita a contract. If, as it was suggested we let Milf go to accommodate him, there is your money for Latrell. Roosters already offered him 800k a year, so its clear they value him, they just dont value him at anything over 800k. Thing that could work in our favour now is he doesnt have the options he did even 7 days ago, and the Roosters dont want him, and u reckon if he stays there it will be on less than 800k now. We could get him for a decent price i think, his option are running out.
[automerge]1575170964[/automerge]
He’s clearly a fuckwit though

He is, i dont disagree with that at all.

Last edited:
Why was it snarky? Its right isnt it? I'm not seeing a single bit of evidence to suggest there is a big change in culture at this club. Not in a positive way anyway

I believe all the players are back at training tomorrow, so let's see if there are any attitude re-adjustments after the coaching staff hopefully make them slog it out hour after hour, day after day in the 35 degree heat that's forecast for most of this week. It should hopefully separate the men from the boys and the 'bad from the good' attitudes amongst them.

I am really hoping Cozza Parker is there literally kicking some of their arses into shape once and for all. As they do in the military, break em down and build em back up again.

Last edited:
I believe all the players are back at training tomorrow, so let's see if there are any attitude re-adjustments after the coaching staff hopefully make them slog it out hour after hour, day after day in the 35 degree heat that's forecast for most of this week. It should hopefully separate the men from the boys and the 'bad from the good' attitudes amongst them.

I am really hoping Cozza Parker is there literally kicking some of their arses into shape once and for all. As they do in the military, break em down and build em back up again.

I'm happy to see what happens. I've been saying it for a while now, clean slate for everyone, lets see where we go.

Would he want to be seen near a Kia?

They are actually a really good vehicle these days and have come a long way since the Carnival. The Stinger in particular is fantastic and the Sportages these days are a great family car too. Don't base your opinion on stories/reviews from more than 10 years ago when they were shit.

Last edited:
Why was it snarky? Its right isnt it? I'm not seeing a single bit of evidence to suggest there is a big change in culture at this club. Not in a positive way anyway.

How about recruitment? We replaced Shibasaki with Croft only yesterday.

They are actually a really good vehicle these days and have come a long way since the Carnival. The Stinger in particular is fantastic and the Sportages these days are a great family car too. Don't base your opinion on stories/reviews from more than 10 years ago when they were shit.

No thats fair enough mate, I meant it purely in jest. TBH I couldn't give two shits what car he was driving his issues run deeper then what car he drives. And his not the first to get a ribbing over it anyway, hell Bob Linder drove a BMW got a spray from former Parramtta forward Ray Price for driving one in an era when most were driving old fords or old holdens. Difference between him and Mitchell is he didn't have an attitude problem that had negative effects on his game. Mitchell has some serious issues and it's no coincidence the Roosters want him gone and clubs have been pulling out after initial interest.

Last edited:
How about recruitment? We replaced Shibasaki with Croft only yesterday.

Its not really a replacement though is it ( not in direct terms anyway ), one is a half, the other a center. Croft is improving us in the halves ( hopefully ), but we have been chasing a 7 since 2017 and have come up short. Its a bit early to judge until we see how we go next year if its an improvement or not in our recruiting. In this instance, it looks a bit better.

[automerge]1575225569[/automerge]
Drinkwater telling Croft see you soon? May be nothing...

Last edited:
Personally, I'd rather keep Milford and play him at 5/8 alongside a proper Halfback for the first time in years.

If we're viewing him as Fullback though, you could probably make the argument that Latrell would then come into consideration.

I think if he applied himself and wanted it badly enough, Latrell could be a genuinely elite Fullback and if you could get your hands on that for around 800k, it would be pretty good value.

Mitchell's recent comment about wanting to retire at 30 and earn as much money as possible is what put me off him. If he'd shown signs of being an "effort" player, and looked like busting his arse until the day he hangs up the boots, it'd be a different story. But he gets by purely on talent, and when things don't go his way he has a sook or starts to grub it up. And then... Mundine. Need I say more. There are just way too many red flags. He seems likely to end up more like Dave Taylor than anything else.

Last edited:
I don’t want to lose Milf. The poor tea has been forced to do it all for a few seasons now and he finally (hopefully) gets some help in the halves. I’d like to give him a chance under the new more reasonable circumstances. Mitchell would be a great addition for the right price but if it had to happen I’d prefer it were at the expense of Bird. Though as some have stated, Bird appears to have a much better attitude which is important during a period of trying to rebuild club culture.

Though all that being said, hopefully sooner than later we have one and a half million dollars free with the departure of Kahu, Boyd, and Macca. Allowing us to buy almost any available player in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • MasterWright
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Mister Wright
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.