Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why but the Folau to Broncos stuff has cropped up again today.

NRL can be like this too.

i3OtXsk.png

In its dreams.

Probably would turn it into a 2.5-3 hour TV show being 90min match. They are approx 2 hour broadcasts now?
Yeah would extend it but probably only by about 15 minutes (unless they did it in thirds and had 2 10 min breaks, that would make it about 25-30 minutes longer).

It can never bring the money as NFL. Even if we had another few hundred million people watching. NFL is an advertiser's dream with all those stoppages.

Yeah would extend it but probably only by about 15 minutes (unless they did it in thirds and had 2 10 min breaks, that would make it about 25-30 minutes longer).

It can never bring the money as NFL. Even if we had another few hundred million people watching. NFL is an advertiser's dream with all those stoppages.
Advertiser's dream but I find it near unwatchable live.
Touchdown (let's go to an ad)
Kickoff for a touchback (let's go to an ad)
3 and out for a punt (let's go to an ad)
Timeout (let's go to an ad)
Injury (let's go to an ad)

Americans must be acclimatised to watching sport that way, because it happens in NBA as well with the timeouts, but it drives me insane... the ads aren't short either

Americans must be acclimatised to watching sport that way, because it happens in NBA as well with the timeouts, but it drives me insane... the ads aren't short either

I’m not American last time I checked and it is my favourite sport.

I’m not American last time I checked and it is my favourite sport.
Did I say only Americans can stand watching it??

I watch it, but I wait for replays to skip the 5min ad blocks

I went to a baseball game once. Japan and cuba (so like 2 v 3 in the world at the time). I mean MY GOD!!!!!!!!! So boring!! A whole bunch of waiting around, 3 seconds of play, then wait around again. Repeat that for about 5 hours, argh!

People watch cricket... That makes even less sense. I'd rather watch NFL than the cricket any day. Even with all the ads.

Triple M Sydney's "Winemaker" is reporting that come Nov 1, 2020 the Brisbane Broncos are looking at offering Ponga a 5yr, 7.5mill contract (1.5 mill p/yr) which would make him the highest paid player in the NRL. Saying Brisbane are desperate for a fullback.

As we know, the media love chucking Brisbane's name in a headline especially when it's regarding a high profile player.
Take it as you will.

Last edited:
Triple M Sydney's "Winemaker" is reporting that come Nov 1, 2020 the Brisbane Broncos are looking at offering Ponga a 5yr, 7.5mill contract (1.5 mill p/yr) which would make him the highest paid player in the NRL. Saying Brisbane are desperate for a fullback.

As we know, the media love chucking Brisbane's name in a headline especially when it's regarding a high profile player.
Take it as you will.
Cobblers. The Broncos know that playing for the Broncos in Brisbane and living in Brisbane and getting massive publicity is worth a fuckton on it's own. They might be looking at him but I'm certain the offer would never be that rich. Obviously I know this is just an off season pie in the sky piece but it's perfect for feeding the belief that we have no salary cap.

Take it as you will.

would love that, even if it cost Milford, though I don’t think it needs to.

Bird, Boyd, Macca and Kahu plus downgrade Milf is a lot of freed up money to upgrade Haas, Fifita and get Ponga.

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Perese/Farnworth
5. Coates/Isaako
6. Milford/Dearden
7. Croft/Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Paix/Walsh
15. Joffa
16. Flegler
17. Bullemor

That’s a side!

Take it as you will.

Depends on how the cap increases. Not worth it with the cap the way it currently is, but if it bumps up a bit then he's well worth that amount.

Take it as you will.

No chance in hell that they know the contract length and offer a full year out. This is pie in the sky nonsense.

Take it as you will.

That’s stupid money. Also this halfwit said that Fifita was 100% going to Souths so he knows shit all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dazza 92
  • RolledOates
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brotherdu
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.