Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough outside backs give us some forward depth

I think we’ll be focusing on the kids like Bullemor and Riki for our future depth. We have Kennedy, Palasia and Hopoate currently that won’t make the first 17

I think we’ll be focusing on the kids like Bullemor and Riki for our future depth. We have Kennedy, Palasia and Hopoate currently that won’t make the first 17

You need more forward depth than backs. Hopoate is still an unknown in the NRL, palasia is out for the year particularly. Bullemor and Riki can’t play half the season.

Where as the depth in the outside backs you have Kenner, kahu, farnsowrth, Coates, niu, vudogo, perese, arthars and now gagan if true. That’s enough depth to nearly cover the backline twice

Doesnt seibs have much faith in our depth at center if he is signing Gagan, who isnt exactly great himself. Yet another Seibs oldboy recruited if its true. I find it an odd signing.

Doesnt seibs have much faith in our depth at center if he is signing Gagan, who isnt exactly great himself. Yet another Seibs oldboy recruited if its true. I find it an odd signing.
Kahu injured, Staggs and Oates facing the possibility of being underdone by kick off, Boyd on the outer, X still stinking it up in defensive drills.

our back stocks look deep on paper but reality isn’t quite so straight forward.

I also think Seibs padding the roster with players he has previous relationships is a clever political move. Great way to sway team culture in his favour. As long as it’s just these lower level guys, I’m all for it.

Last edited:
Kahu injured, Staggs and Oates facing the possibility of being underdone by kick off, Boyd on the outer, X still stinking it up in defensive drills.

our back stocks look deep on paper but reality isn’t quite so straight forward.

I also think Seibs padding the roster with players he has previous relationships is a clever political move. Great way to sway team culture in his favour. As long as it’s just these lower level guys, I’m all for it.

I think its a lazy signing tbh. He keeps going back to sign players he has worked with who have had pretty much no impact just to fill the squad. Gagan is what, almost 27 and has played about 7 games in 5 years. I'm sure we would be better letting Perese develop, or Farnworth if we need a winger. I dont think Boyd is on the outer either when you see them at training.

Last edited:
I think its a lazy signing tbh. He keeps going back to sign players he has worked with who have had pretty much no impact just to fill the squad. Gagan is what, almost 27 and has played about 7 games in 5 years. I'm sure we would be better letting Perese develop, or Farnworth if we need a winger. I dont think Boyd is on the outer either when you see them at training.
It’s definitely possible that its laziness but we also don’t know what he brings to a team off the field. Might be good for club culture, might just be a lazy way to fill a roster. Can’t say either for sure.

He has a pretty impressive strike rate for a player that's played 9 games.

If he knows he can work with what is the big fucking deal? This is a depth signing. Jesus Christ.

If he knows he can work with what is the big fucking deal? This is a depth signing. Jesus Christ.
The biggest concern isn't so much Gagan flopping, but if our roster had a free space it really should have gone to a forward as we have 2 forwards outside the 17 to bring in and 7 backs (8 with Gagan).

Last edited:
The biggest concern isn't so much Gagan flopping, but if our roster had a free space it really should have gone to a forward as we have 2 forwards outside the 17 to bring in and 7 backs (8 with Gagan).
If Boyd and Staggs are the centres, perhaps Bird will be lock?

That’s one less back and one more forward right there.

If Boyd and Staggs are the centres, perhaps Bird will be lock?

That’s one less back and one more forward right there.
Well that scenario involves seriously weakening our centre position and as far as I know Jack Bird has not been training as a lock this preseason and has never started in the pack against fully grown men.

Settle down princess, no need to be so aggressive.

Its a depth signing where we didnt need a depth signing. We have enough backup, its better players for our first 17 is where we are short.

Kahu wont miss much footy, and Staggs will be good to go as well. Kennar, Arthars, Perese, Farnworth, Boyd, Kahu and Coates are basically competing currently for 1 spot on the wing. We didnt need another back.

It’s definitely possible that its laziness but we also don’t know what he brings to a team off the field. Might be good for club culture, might just be a lazy way to fill a roster. Can’t say either for sure.

He might be good for culture, but i'm not convinced you sign a player like Gagan for that purpose really. We will see how he goes. Like @Super Freak said, he has a decent strike rate in his 9 NRL games so lets see how he goes in the trials. I'm just not that big a fan of Seibs going back for blokes he has worked with just for depth. Its like a jobs for the boys thing to me in some ways.

The biggest question with using bird at lock isn't his ability to stand up to grown men but to stay up with them. He has spent a lot of time injured and it wouldnt be ideal to have a twenty minute lock.
Then again with all those injuries maybe your right and he'd struggle with keeping all his limbs in one piece. He's starting to make kahu look solid. It's a worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Broncorob
  • cento
  • Alec
  • Hurrijo
  • Rookie Alan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.