Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glen only got an extension because there was no viable alternative captain. Well, in my opinion at least.
100%

Note how Glenn only got extended after the media had a field day at the thought of Lodge being captain?

100%

Note how Glenn only got extended after the media had a field day at the thought of Lodge being captain?
Contracts take months to write up and come to terms on (frustratingly eg fifita). Seibold was talking about a contract for Glenn way earlier in the season.
I don't think Glenn is our greatest forward but I can't think of a game in the last 5 years, especially last year, where he was our worst forward on the field. He's not the new shiny exciting flavour of the month player but he does his job.
He KEPT his spot last year, no one came close to taking it off of him. He may lose it this year but for 2 or 3 years we have been saying "this year is the year hes too old", yet he stays fitter than his competition and is more consistent. Surely he deserves benefit of the doubt and for his spot to be taken away by being earned rather then getting given to the next lot because of potential (all be it massive amounts)

Contracts take months to write up and come to terms on (frustratingly eg fifita). Seibold was talking about a contract for Glenn way earlier in the season.
I don't think Glenn is our greatest forward but I can't think of a game in the last 5 years, especially last year, where he was our worst forward on the field. He's not the new shiny exciting flavour of the month player but he does his job.
He KEPT his spot last year, no one came close to taking it off of him. He may lose it this year but for 2 or 3 years we have been saying "this year is the year hes too old", yet he stays fitter than his competition and is more consistent. Surely he deserves benefit of the doubt and for his spot to be taken away by being earned rather then getting given to the next lot because of potential (all be it massive amounts)

Exactly. This time last year it was going to be Sua who was supposedly superior to Glenn and was going to take his spot. This year its TPJ and Fifita. The one thing with Glenn is he will make anyone who wants his spot earn it.

I'm not saying he wasn't going to be offered a contract but I believe his value to the Broncos was greatly increased by the dearth of suitable players who could be made captain. I believed he was going to be offered a paltry contract and then the Broncos belatedly realized there really wasn't anyone suitable or acceptable. That suddenly made him much more attractive. Mind you, that's just my opinion and I have absolutely no evidence to back it up.

Any updates on Fifita??

worrying how quiet it’s become.

The lack of media news might be to do with other clubs backing off. I have a feeling after the Bali "scandal" they've locked him up with a verbal commitment, but maybe working out the finer details, and also now want it out there to encourage him to be motivated for the start of the season.

I don't know if TPJ can last 80 minutes reliably. He would become increasingly looser as a defender, the longer he played last year.
He is a big guy and can be dangerous on the edge but you've got to balance both sides of the ruck.
It may be that he has more minutes in him this year, but I would want him to prove it before I bank on him playing 80.
I think fiffita gets a bit looser as well but is probably the more reliable defender.

Like many i have concerns about his edge defence and agree that he may not be an 80 minute player (the fatigue may blunten his attacking impact) but there is no doubt that he is damaging in attack on the edge.

I would have him at 13, but have him running off our halves out wider. Could you imagine the mayhem that could be caused with a half taking the ball to the line having TPJ and fifita as passing options or the space on the on outside if the opposition compress the defence to protect their halves.

Like many i have concerns about his edge defence and agree that he may not be an 80 minute player (the fatigue may blunten his attacking impact) but there is no doubt that he is damaging in attack on the edge.

I would have him at 13, but have him running off our halves out wider. Could you imagine the mayhem that could be caused with a half taking the ball to the line having TPJ and fifita as passing options or the space on the on outside if the opposition compress the defence to protect their halves.

Well thats requiring Siebs to change his set-up; he prefers 3 middle forwards on the pitch and that includes lock. TPJ stays a edge forward for now based on that alone, but its also his best position..
[automerge]1580794391[/automerge]
Anyone remember Lexy playing as a left centre for us a few times last year..?....killed blokes out there with his defence. A underrated aspect of the club keeping him but im sure there wold be games where that bite in defence would be most welcomed by the coach

Last edited:
Well thats requiring Siebs to change his set-up; he prefers 3 middle forwards on the pitch and that includes lock. TPJ stays a edge forward for now based on that alone, but its also his best position..
[automerge]1580794391[/automerge]
Anyone remember Lexy playing as a left centre for us a few times last year..?....killed blokes out there with his defence. A underrated aspect of the club keeping him but im sure there wold be games where that bite in defence would be most welcomed by the coach
He was a competent fill in at least defensively and I agree it does add to his value to the side overall, but like last year, he should really only be deployed there in an emergency scenario where out genuine Centre options are unavailable for any reason.

CM posted an article regarding Fifita.
I cannot read it however the title seems to indicate that Fifita isn't a lock to re-sign with the Broncos.
More then likely just click bait but if someone can read the article and post a summary that would be handy.

CM posted an article regarding Fifita.
I cannot read it however the title seems to indicate that Fifita isn't a lock to re-sign with the Broncos.
More then likely just click bait but if someone can read the article and post a summary that would be handy.
Basically says he’s in no hurry to sign, a few quotes from him, it’s a business these days etc. Then quotes from mum including that he won’t go overseas, Sydney would be no good for him, Brisbane is good for him etc.

Basically says he’s in no hurry to sign, a few quotes from him, it’s a business these days etc. Then quotes from mum including that he won’t go overseas, Sydney would be no good for him, Brisbane is good for him etc.
We just need to lock him up ASAP for as long as possible.
It has the potential to be a distraction for him early on in the season.
I don’t think he will go anywhere but surely we can get it done sooner rather then later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.