Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Furner could probably say the Broncos are a terrible team this year, that would be true too, doesn't mean he wouldn't be a dick for saying it.
Personally I'd love it if everyone got a lot more honest. I'd love to see full on coaching rivalries "I don't like him as a coach or a person".

with everyone training to be a robot in PR these days, I like comments like those by Furner, even if it's against my club, because I think he has a point and I like the fact everyone in the media is now turning their crosshairs on Brisbane. Maybe with more pressure, shit's gonna hit the fan.

Guys I think Furner said that to get up the Broncos nose. It maybe correct in what he said but it was hypocritical in the fact that every club buys players to cover positions except at this stage the Broncos who are trying to live in a perfect world.
If i were Gee I would now out of my way to try and secure Milford no matter how long i had to wait.

Don is paranoid.

Last edited:
I heard dicks were being mentioned a lot in here so here I am.

Personally I'd love it if everyone got a lot more honest. I'd love to see full on coaching rivalries "I don't like him as a coach or a person".

with everyone training to be a robot in PR these days, I like comments like those by Furner, even if it's against my club, because I think he has a point and I like the fact everyone in the media is now turning their crosshairs on Brisbane. Maybe with more pressure, ****'s gonna hit the fan.
I also would like it if all coaches said what they really think but when it's against my club I'm going to return serve :laugh:

So do we. Every single player in our squad has more or less been developed by us, our two signings this year (Prince, Stagg) were both former Broncos... And Wallace being the other external signing was a nobody until we signed him.

Furner is a dick for saying that.
i wouldnt give the broncos any credit whatsoever for developing prince, who we bought from the cowboys, and who played 28 games over 3 years for us.

No shit, but their "younguns" are still better than ours.
That's an overstatement.
I agree the Raiders have an excellent development, but that comment is driven out of the current frustration.

I would argue that they've done quite well recently in the halves dept with Williams, Milford and Cornish coming through as well. Edrick Lee seems like a strong bet for the future and Papalii too. I don't know what their U20's are like tbh, as I haven't followed much of the Toyota cup this season.

We have JYY, Hoffman, Copley, Kahu, Norman (only at fullback), McCullough, Glenn, Gillett and McGuire.
We'll see what Hunt brings (not expecting much tbh), J Wallace, Dodds seems to be improving, and there are a few promising players coming through, like Timu, Molo, Oates, and the younger Berrell, Taylor, Nikorimas, etc...

I don't think our biggest issue is talent, albeit we need some more spark from the halves, it's head space. Without the proper attitude and work ethic, talent or not, we're not gonna get anywhere!

I don't think our biggest issue is talent
i think talent is one of our biggest issues, lack of it more specifically.

yes we have some good players, but theyll never be *great* players. theyre the type of players that every team needs to complement their great players.....but you need great players first. players like wallace/mccullough/copley/kahu/etc are good number fillers, who can bust out the odd very good game. but unless you have a lockyer/slater/inglis/thurston/hayne/dugan/etc youre not going to win a premiership, not ever. its why broncos teams of the past were able to win, because for all the nuffies and jobbers we had we still had lockyer/tallis/civoniceva/hodges/sailor/tuqiri/etc.

now we just have 15 generic second rowers with different numbers on their backs + hoffman + parker.

i think talent is one of our biggest issues, lack of it more specifically.

yes we have some good players, but theyll never be *great* players. theyre the type of players that every team needs to complement their great players.....but you need great players first. players like wallace/mccullough/copley/kahu/etc are good number fillers, who can bust out the odd very good game. but unless you have a lockyer/slater/inglis/thurston/hayne/dugan/etc youre not going to win a premiership, not ever. its why broncos teams of the past were able to win, because for all the nuffies and jobbers we had we still had lockyer/tallis/civoniceva/hodges/sailor/tuqiri/etc.

now we just have 15 generic second rowers with different numbers on their backs + hoffman + parker.

It's way more than that AP. Give Gillett, Glenn, Kahu say to Hasler or Bellamy and then you will see what they are capable of instead of having Hook coach their talent out of them

The Broncos are currently chasing Raiders Dave Shillington & Titans Albert Kelly, its rumoured Kelly is extremely unhappy with the terms of his Gold Coast contract & will seek a release if his demands are not met.

Read: I think I'm worth more money, give me a contract upgrade.

I don't mind the idea of chasing Shillo the Pillow ... as long as we aren't paying ridiculous overs. A prop rotation of Hannant, Shillo, McGuire and Hala with youngsters the backup would look pretty good and hopefully allow Thaiday to play backrow where he needs to be.

As for the prospect of signing Kelly ... I don't see that as much of a step forward. Wild child who has played the odd good game and is apparantly currently somewhat greedy. His style of play is what we need, but the person has a lot of question marks.

Oink !

It's way more than that AP. Give Gillett, Glenn, Kahu say to Hasler or Bellamy and then you will see what they are capable of instead of having Hook coach their talent out of them
Hasler or Bellamy still have gamebreakers. Slater/Cronk/Smith/Barba. It's exactly what AP is saying, these guys are good players and they will be serviceable, but they'll never be greats. We're expecting them to be greats because we don't have gamebreakers. This is where we are falling down. Yes it's partially coaching but I don't think Bellamy or Hasler would win the premiership with our squad.

Read: I think I'm worth more money, give me a contract upgrade.
Welcome the forums man :)

Of course that's what it really means but who cares? We need a half or fullback (not sure if he can play there) and if we can take advantage of a bad contract to get a promising player then go for it I say.

i dunno, i havent really seen anything too crash hot in kahu. hes slower than a wet week, i know that much. glenn i reckon would shine at a club like melbourne or the bulldogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Emanon
  • KickHaas
  • Ironbroncos
  • Rookie Alan
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Astro
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • Totally Unr3al
  • RodF
  • RolledOates
  • broncsgoat
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.