Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely not on the Kelly bandwagon for the halves. Has anyone seen him put a well placed kick ever, or even a good cut out pass?

Yes, he has speed, he's strong and can do some freakish individual stuff, but he's not what we need in the halves. I'd definitely look at him for fullback though.

Read: I think I'm worth more money, give me a contract upgrade.

Welcome to the board Harry - we always appreciate new subscribers who are enthusiastic about footy, and more specifically, about our team, the NRMA Brisbane Broncos. You'll find a great bunch of folks here who in the vast majority, are extra-emely welcoming and happy to have a yarn or two about the team.

NOW, getting back to your query, the word out on the street is that we are chasing a couple of established stars. Unfortunately I do not have anymore information than that. There ARE, however, a couple of subscribers here at the forum who do have some inside connectinos to the organisation apparently.

The best place to read that information first is here at broncos HQ. SO, you are in the best spot to keep up to date with the latest.

Again, welcome aboard mate :thumbup1:

I'm definitely not on the Kelly bandwagon for the halves. Has anyone seen him put a well placed kick ever, or even a good cut out pass?

Yes, he has speed, he's strong and can do some freakish individual stuff, but he's not what we need in the halves. I'd definitely look at him for fullback though.
That's actually what I want him for, fullback. IMO he could turn out to be an excellent player in that position.

I don't mind the idea of chasing Shillo the Pillow ... as long as we aren't paying ridiculous overs. A prop rotation of Hannant, Shillo, McGuire and Hala with youngsters the backup would look pretty good and hopefully allow Thaiday to play backrow where he needs to be.

As for the prospect of signing Kelly ... I don't see that as much of a step forward. Wild child who has played the odd good game and is apparantly currently somewhat greedy. His style of play is what we need, but the person has a lot of question marks.

Oink !

Wow we as fans are whingers aren't we? We want a great player, that's an X factor, that is squeaky clean and isn't greedy....

There has only been two players ever that I have seen that tick all those boxes. One retired in 2011 and the other is trying his damn hardest to get back on the field in any compacity after one of the most horrific injuries I have seen

Kelly would be a great signing, but gee will **** it up so rest easy that 'greedy' prick won't be coming

Welcome the forums man :)

Of course that's what it really means but who cares? We need a half or fullback (not sure if he can play there) and if we can take advantage of a bad contract to get a promising player then go for it I say.

Cheers for the welcome :)

Yeah, hopefully things pick up soon. Would love to sign someone like him

Welcome to the board Harry - we always appreciate new subscribers who are enthusiastic about footy, and more specifically, about our team, the NRMA Brisbane Broncos. You'll find a great bunch of folks here who in the vast majority, are extra-emely welcoming and happy to have a yarn or two about the team.

NOW, getting back to your query, the word out on the street is that we are chasing a couple of established stars. Unfortunately I do not have anymore information than that. There ARE, however, a couple of subscribers here at the forum who do have some inside connectinos to the organisation apparently.

The best place to read that information first is here at broncos HQ. SO, you are in the best spot to keep up to date with the latest.

Again, welcome aboard mate :thumbup1:

Welcoming indeed. Looking forward to contributing.

Wow we as fans are whingers aren't we? We want a great player, that's an X factor, that is squeaky clean and isn't greedy....
not all of us are like that - ill gladly take a convicted murderer if hes a great football player. football is just a sport to me, not a role model factory.

Read: I think I'm worth more money, give me a contract upgrade.

33921697.jpg

On the topic at hand, I think he needs to show that he can go a full season without ballsing up before he can demand an upgrade.

I have seen a few really good kicks from him this year (He has a massive kick, one of the longest in the NRL), I think he'd be GREAT at Fullback, decent kicking game, decent passing game, speed, strength.

That's just about all you want from a Fullback.

1. Kelly
2. Kahu
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Hoffman
6. Wallace
7. Hunt / Someone we buy
8. Hannant
9. McCullough / Granville / Baptiste
10. Shillington
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. McGuire
15. Gillett
16. Hala
17. Dodds

As long as we bought another half to acompany Wallace (Or acompany Hunt if Wallace leaves) (Or acompany Prince if Wallace leaves and we decided Hunt isn't up to it)

Shillington is just a massive soft pillow these days.

I'm with you unbreaK, although I'd still like another big boppa, and Shillo would be just what the doctor ordered.

I'm sure the club has their eyes on someone. Shillington would be ideal.

would like a front rower in the Tim Grant mould ... as a QLD supporter I'm pretty glad he's not in the NSW origin team to be honest ..

Last edited:
Where is this so called announcement of a signing after round 13....? As most of us suspected it hasn't come!

Yeah you fell for the bait, just like the Barba and Dugan rumors. Gullible lot you are.

Nah, you're great, I love you all

Did anyone watch NRL 360 last night? I was actually pretty enthused by Cameron Smith's comments.. it went something like this -

Ben Ikin: "Will you move back to Queensland after you retire, or keep the family in Melbourne?"
Cameron Smith: "It depends where I finish up, I have nothing bad to say about the Storm, but family is what is most important"

Or something along those lines.. Sounds to me like he wants to join the Broncos so he can buy a house and live up here with the family for the rest of his life.

DOn't thin ka forward should be a priority at all. Get a half. Get a fullback. Then look at other positions.

Spot on mate & I'm still holding my breath for that Warrior!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Emanon
  • KickHaas
  • Ironbroncos
  • Rookie Alan
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Astro
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • Totally Unr3al
  • RodF
  • RolledOates
  • broncsgoat
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.