Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love Albert Kelly to play here he would add a lot of spark and attacking power to our backline. Don't rate Shillington very much and won't be disappointed if we don't sign him.

What a dick, because Raiders never buy anyone... Sandor Earl and Joel Edwards, two players in their team this week were purchased from other clubs prior to this year.
Has a point though.

What a dick, because Raiders never buy anyone... Sandor Earl and Joel Edwards, two players in their team this week were purchased from other clubs prior to this year.

DOn't thin ka forward should be a priority at all. Get a half. Get a fullback. Then look at other positions.

Canberra do a pretty decent job of producing their own players, or grabbing a youngster and making him into one. your anger is misguided on this one imo.

And he's right anyway, Brisbane SHOULD be able to develop their own players. The fact we aren't doing a good enough job is the reason why 1) we suck and 2) we're actively trying to recruit.

Last edited:
We are trying to sign a player they did not develop. So WTF is Furner talking about. They signed Shillington from the Rooters

Canberra do a pretty decent job of producing their own players, or grabbing a youngster and making him into one. your anger is misguided on this one imo.

And he's right anyway, Brisbane SHOULD be able to develop their own players. The fact we aren't doing a good enough job is the reason why 1) we suck and 2) we're actively trying to recruit.

Mate we develop more players than most clubs, also shillington wasnt even developed by them so WTF are you talking about

it's simple really, infact I am bemused by the reaction to the remark.

1) Yes we develop more than most, but if what we're developing is either a) leaving or b) not good enough in comparison to what others are developing, then who really gives a shit? it's about producing the best, not the most.

2) Shillington was purchased from the roosters but he wasn't the player he is now (or better yet, player he was before SOO1) so you could argue that him going to raiders helped with his development. Also, if I read that article correctly, it mentions they are prepared to let him leave in order to keep their other young forwards at the club, the ones they have developed. Good ones, like Papalli?

So do we. Every single player in our squad has more or less been developed by us, our two signings this year (Prince, Stagg) were both former Broncos... And Wallace being the other external signing was a nobody until we signed him.

Furner is a dick for saying that.

We are actively trying to recruit? Wait did I miss something? lol

it's simple really, infact I am bemused by the reaction to the remark.

1) Yes we develop more than most, but if what we're developing is either a) leaving or b) not good enough in comparison to what others are developing, then who really gives a ****? it's about producing the best, not the most.

2) Shillington was purchased from the roosters but he wasn't the player he is now (or better yet, player he was before SOO1) so you could argue that him going to raiders helped with his development. Also, if I read that article correctly, it mentions they are prepared to let him leave in order to keep their other young forwards at the club, the ones they have developed. Good ones, like Papalli?

I still dont really get your point. The fact is no team doesnt buy players. Furners comments were trying to insinuate that the raiders dont purchase instead develop them which is complete crap. Why you have decided to defend such a stupid fucking claim is beyond me

Raiders have done an exceptional job cultivating the Souths Logan relationship. Lee, Milford, Wighton...and more coming through the 20s. Certainly doing a better job than the Broncos are in that regard.

Raiders have done an exceptional job cultivating the Souths Logan relationship. Lee, Milford, Wighton...and more coming through the 20s. Certainly doing a better job than the Broncos are in that regard.
Raider won a single game more than we did last year, so still a dicky comment by Furner and even this year they're only ONE win ahead of us, that's it.

Raider won a single game more than we did last year, so still a dicky comment by Furner and even this year they're only ONE win ahead of us, that's it.

No shit, but their "younguns" are still better than ours.

So do we. Every single player in our squad has more or less been developed by us, our two signings this year (Prince, Stagg) were both former Broncos... And Wallace being the other external signing was a nobody until we signed him.

Furner is a dick for saying that.

Right, but we're also unhappy with what we've got. Producing juniors doesn't really mean much if they don't turn into quality. Do we want to be Parramatta, they probably have the most juniors of any club running around and where have they been?

Furner is a dick but so what? He never said, Broncos should not be allowed to recruit from other clubs, just merely that with such a strong junior setup, that we probably shouldn't be at this point where we NEED to buy a forward in order to, well, go forward again. I don't really see that as being incorrect.

What is it exactly that rankles you so much about the comment? Do you disagree with how I have read it?

I still dont really get your point. The fact is no team doesnt buy players. Furners comments were trying to insinuate that the raiders dont purchase instead develop them which is complete crap. Why you have decided to defend such a stupid ****ing claim is beyond me

My point is simply, Furner isn't wrong in what he's saying. With our junior setup, our relationships with feeder clubs and greater regional areas, we should be producing more than we are. I don't think it's unreasonable thing to suggest. They are probably thinking, if we can get Lee, Papalli etc from a small section in southeast qld, why are the broncos incapable of producing similar talents when their scouting range is tenfold of ours?

And it's a fair question.

Right, but we're also unhappy with what we've got. Producing juniors doesn't really mean much if they don't turn into quality. Do we want to be Parramatta, they probably have the most juniors of any club running around and where have they been?

Furner is a dick but so what? He never said, Broncos should not be allowed to recruit from other clubs, just merely that with such a strong junior setup, that we probably shouldn't be at this point where we NEED to buy a forward in order to, well, go forward again. I don't really see that as being incorrect.

What is it exactly that rankles you so much about the comment? Do you disagree with how I have read it?

My point is simply, Furner isn't wrong in what he's saying. With our junior setup, our relationships with feeder clubs and greater regional areas, we should be producing more than we are. I don't think it's unreasonable thing to suggest. They are probably thinking, if we can get Lee, Papalli etc from a small section in southeast qld, why are the broncos incapable of producing similar talents when their scouting range is tenfold of ours?

And it's a fair question.

It's just a dick thing for an opposition coach to say.

If griffin got up and said "with the roster canberra have had, I would have thought they should have won at least one premiership in the last five years"

It's a true statement but he would still be a dick for saying it... why is this so hard to understand?

Because dick thing or not, what he says has some degree of truth. If Griffin said that we'd just laugh at him because there isn't really any truth to it, but what Furner says does.

Really? You disagree with the comment because it was a dick thing to say? That's rather childish, don't you think? Superfluous basis for dismissing what he actually said imo.

Last edited:
Furner could probably say the Broncos are a terrible team this year, that would be true too, doesn't mean he wouldn't be a dick for saying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • thenry
  • jarro65
  • RolledOates
  • BroncsNBundy
  • NSW stables
  • Fitzy
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Wild Horse
  • broncotville
  • Manofoneway
  • Stix
  • Wolfie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bish
  • Allo
  • Shane Tronc
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.