Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we make a huge play at Barba, he is exactly what we need at the moment. I am a bit surprised that the Titans seem to be chasing him hard as they don't really need another FB or any halves, but of course who wouldn't chase that kind a calibre of player. Cowboys are the biggest threat for mine as well.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't get our hopes up as Chris Garry has already tweeted that he has inside knowledge that Barba will NOT be at the broncos next year:
Chris Garry ‏@chrisgarry1 5h@HeartOfABronco no doubt there's been contact but I heard from someone who should no Barba won't be at Bronx 2014

I think I'll be taking that tweet with a grain of salt, how reliable can it be if he can't differentiate between no and know.

I think I'll be taking that tweet with a grain of salt, how reliable can it be if he can't differentiate between no and know.

While I can see the broncos completely fucking up any chance at signing barba, I also wouldn't believe anything chris garry says. I know some people like him but nothing he has said in recent times comes to fruition and he speaks a lot of shit.. He's like the mole with less inside knowledge

All Journos have their connections. He may be right and he may be wrong. Time will tell.

All Journos have their connections. He may be right and he may be wrong. Time will tell.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I think we will actually get barba... I have full confidence in both gee and griffin to completely **** this up

I think we should go for a massive 'reverse jinx' by re-naming this thread something along the lines of "The nothing is doing in recruitment" thread ... Given that Gee appears to be operating by the 'Geroge Costanza do the opposite religion' he'll probably sign Barba, Folau, Cherry Evans, Cronk, Thurston, Reynolds and the 54 Burgess brothers purely out of spite ....

Last edited:
According to the mole Albert Kelly is pissed at the titans over his contract. I would say that gee should be on the phone to him
over a trip up the m1, but we all know that wont happen

Cameron Smith is just another stop gap measure though. I'd prefer we signed a player who could be a 8-10 year player with us. I wouldn't say no to Smith though. I don't think it matters as much about money as much as it matters about Smith wanting to live in Brisbane.

2015...well, at least he'd be younger than Prince was by 1 year.

FMD, never thought I'd see the day when a player would baulk at the idea of joining the broncos because of concerns about on-field success ...

pardon my ignorance but who sits atop the tree in the broncos overall hierarchy ? I'm talking about the guys who hire and fire the likes of the CEO ...? Because surely they must be getting a tad fidgety about the degree to which their Broncos brand is being severely tarnished by the passive dead beats who're allowing the football side of things to spiral into the abyss ??

FMD, never thought I'd see the day when a player would baulk at the idea of joining the broncos because of concerns about on-field success ...

pardon my ignorance but who sits atop the tree in the broncos overall hierarchy ? I'm talking about the guys who hire and fire the likes of the CEO ...? Because surely they must be getting a tad fidgety about the degree to which their Broncos brand is being severely tarnished by the passive dead beats who're allowing the football side of things to spiral into the abyss ??

The board and shareholders.

Get Bellamy and Smith up here for 2015, it's not too late to correct a 7 year old mistake.

Why would we want someone old like him?

Just goes to show that our recruiters truly are brain dead fuckwits.

Lockyer and Smith have invaluable experience in the 1, 6 & 9 jerseys and both have hinted at coaching in the future...

Why would we want someone old like him?

Just goes to show that our recruiters truly are brain dead fuckwits.

To possibly help recruit younger players who want to play with the current QLD/Aus skipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • broncotville
  • ivanhungryjak
  • GCBRONCO
  • NSW stables
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Mustafur
  • theshed
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • mystico
  • TimWhatley
  • Fozz
  • Tmac
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.