Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not after Rusty has done sooo much for the family

Mr Fourex said:
That squad needs a class player/s injection.....it's a good base but it's not going to get the job done, ever.

Agreed, my point was that there was a good reason why we didn't go out of our way to sign a marquee player.

That's not a good reason. Yes, we were trying to keep the same squad, but that squad revolved around Lockyer, who was leaving. You can't really sit there and be content with what we have, or think that great players will just fall into our lap. We'll likely have to take risks if we want to improve, which some of you seem to be afraid of.

Yes, Lockyer had a lot to do with that 7-1 start last year.

The mistake last year was that when Yow Yeh was injured, Beale was gone and we gave Gagai the flick we didn't try and recruit an outside back.

You're calling people afraid because they justifiably don't want to flush overs into a fullback that can flop. My position has been clear for awhile and that's I'd rather make some plays at some NYC talent.

Last edited:
I don't think we need a marquee player, we just need the right type of players to cover our weaknesses..We need speed and support in the backs, and some size up front. Kevin Naiqama would be perfect outside Hodges next year and they'd be stupid not to go after him, we don't need to throw the cheque book at him, but atleast be proactive. Locke or Gardner are the type of fullback we need, sure they're small, but they have minor ball-playing ability, have speed and always seem to show up when needed.

Up front we need someone big, we have a decent forward pack as it is, but without superstar halves, we need better than decent. I would love to see us go after Kane Evans(6'6", 116KG @ 21 years) or Sam Hoare(6'4", 110KG @ 21 years), I haven't seen a great deal of either, but I hear Evans is aggressive and has a big motor, while Hoare looks to have a decent offload, both are on contract until the end of next year, but if we go for both, 1 might ask/get a release since they're stuck in QLD/NSW cup for the foreseeable future.

You're calling people afraid because they justifiably don't want to flush overs into a fullback that can flop. My position has been clear for awhile and that's I'd rather make some plays at some NYC talent.

I seem to remember you having a completely different stance on the discussion of which NRL halfbacks are better than our "guy"

I'm not sure that we don't need a marquee player. We might have one if Yow Yeh comes back at his best. (doubtful). We still need a marquee player in the spine at the very least. If we can't sign a genuine marquee player I'd like to at least sign some under 20's talent that could potentially become marquee talent.

Last edited:
I seem to remember you having a completely different stance on the discussion of which NRL halfbacks are better than our "guy"

That's your misinterpretation.

You were trying to argue everyone under the sun was a better player than Wallace is right now. I opposed it.

Operation: Try to steal some of Canberra's players. They've got an excess of quality players in every position we lack in. I'd personally take one of their halves, Edrick Lee and Big Papa. Well, Papa isn't needed because he's a back rower, but I'm just a big fan.

Naiqama should be affordable, Evans/Hoare should be fairly cheap, Gardner should be very cheap as he was forced out of the squad by Michael Gordon and should be champing at the bit to get back into first grade. Play Hunt in the halves for the rest of the year and all next, when Prince/Wallace go off-contract next year we use the freed up cap to lure Milford or Johnson and we'll have our marquee/future marquee player. If Hunt steps up this/next year with a full-time halves spot, great, Milford/Hunt/Johnson pairing would be great, if he can't step up, bring in a Taylor/Milford/Johnson combo.

Sad that we're talking about try to poach players we just got flogged by. . Shows how far the broncos have fallen

id definitely take milford. have seen a bit of him this year and has real talent. that has nothing to do with tonight.

wouldnt mind TLL either.

We already had a crack at Milford when we got wind of him being home sick. Shame he didn't come because he is a Broncos fan as well.

Gillett to anywhere but Brisbane

The Courier Mail says both us and the Titans are talking to Barba, but he will only leave the Bulldogs if they sign Folau. Because they don't have the cap space to sign both.

Just read the article, boy they must be running out of stuff to right about.

I'll summarize the article for you guys -

"We think he's in talks with the Titans and the Broncos, although all 3 clubs have denied it, it won't happen unless Israel Folau returns to the NRL and join the Bulldogs, which they've already said probably won't happen.. but you never know!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Allo
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Xzei
  • eggstar10
  • johnny plath
  • heartly87
  • simplythebest
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Tim K
  • Volvo Driver
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.