Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injury prone. Has an old mans hip and back.

Last edited:
I'm predicting he will be a flop, at least when compared to expectations and his price tag.

He won't get anywhere near the same space here, and I can see him being ragdolled around a fair bit too...

I'm predicting he will be a flop, at least when compared to expectations and his price tag.

He won't get anywhere near the same space here, and I can see him being ragdolled around a fair bit too...
Possibly, I reckon he'll be as good a fullback as any. You don't score 140 tries in 143 games without having some serious ability.

This season 18 games, 22 tries(1st), 18 try assists(4th), 81 tackle breaks (1st), 2156 run metres (1st), 21 Line breaks (4th). He's definitely the best back in the Super league by a fair margin, I can't see him being an average player here.

abso-fucking-lutely

Throw a million at smith per year, seriously. Just get him here at all costs. We might even be able to attract more good players with him as a marquee signing.

Possibly, I reckon he'll be as good a fullback as any. You don't score 140 tries in 143 games without having some serious ability.

This season 18 games, 22 tries(1st), 18 try assists(4th), 81 tackle breaks (1st), 2156 run metres (1st), 21 Line breaks (4th). He's definitely the best back in the Super league by a fair margin, I can't see him being an average player here.

dude, you are aware that was in Super League aren't you ?

that's like saying Chris Rogers would kick ass for Australia in England and picking him for the Ashes series just because he's scored a tonne of runs in country cricket .... wait ... what ? :mellow:

Throw a million at smith per year, seriously. Just get him here at all costs. We might even be able to attract more good players with him as a marquee signing.

yep, that's the thing people might be underestimating - ie that Smith would be great for the broncos football brand ... the brand that was once the best in the business but has seriously eroded over the last few years ...

Having Wayne Bennett back at the club, not necessarily as coach, but in some hands-on capacity with the football side of things would be a big plus as well

Sounds a lot like the current Broncos recruitment speaking.

"Hey, check out this immensely talented player that could be on his way to the NRL!"
"Nah, don't want him."

Aside from the English big boppers who have usually done rather well over here, I can also think of a number of smaller ones who also have excelled.

Writing Tomkins off I think is rather premature.

dude, you are aware that was in Super League aren't you ?

that's like saying Chris Rogers would kick ass for Australia in England and picking him for the Ashes series just because he's scored a tonne of runs in country cricket .... wait ... what ? :mellow:
We've been over this before, you think he'll be shit because he's supposedly not heavy enough and because he's in the SL. He's the same weight/height as Thurston and I don't see Thurston getting ragdolled. Beau Ryan's another player of similar build, James Maloney too. You're way too caught up on this weight thing and lets just say he's about 4-5kg lighter than ideal, that's not hugely difficult for a professional athlete to put on during an offseason of NRL training + a month or two into the season if needed. Lets say 250 grams of muscle per week which is achievable on an elite training program, in 6 months he'd put on 6 kgs and be about the same build as most NRL backs and he'd hardly lose any speed.

And so what if it's super league? He's by FAR The best player there, on another level from every other back, he's not just a "good" super league back so at the very least he's going to be a good back here if not a star.

You make this sound as if the NRL is the Australia RL team and SL is the equivalent of the Russian RL team, that's simply not true.

Last edited:
Time will certainly tell.
Indeed it will. I'm just excited the NRL will be adding another star to the competition, can never have enough of them.

Indeed it will. I'm just excited the NRL will be adding another star to the competition, can never have enough of them.

Absolutely.

The Warriors will be the razzle-dazzle kings next year !!

Absolutely.

The Warriors will be the razzle-dazzle kings next year !!
I'm jealous.

They'll have Tomkins, Mateo, Johnson, Fisiiahi and Locke as part of their team, so many exciting players. They definitely have the team to win a premiership but you never know how the Warriors will play.

We've been over this before, you think he'll be shit because he's supposedly not heavy enough and because he's in the SL. He's the same weight/height as Thurston and I don't see Thurston getting ragdolled. Beau Ryan's another player of similar build, James Maloney too. You're way too caught up on this weight thing and lets just say he's about 4-5kg lighter than ideal, that's not hugely difficult for a professional athlete to put on during an offseason of NRL training + a month or two into the season if needed. Lets say 250 grams of muscle per week which is achievable on an elite training program, in 6 months he'd put on 6 kgs and be about the same build as most NRL backs and he'd hardly lose any speed.

And so what if it's super league? He's by FAR The best player there, on another level from every other back, he's not just a "good" super league back so at the very least he's going to be a good back here if not a star.

You make this sound as if the NRL is the Australia RL team and SL is the equivalent of the Russian RL team, that's simply not true.

yeah so offer him 250k tops and let the 'flat track bully' prove himself in a REAL rugby league competition over the grind of 26 rounds ... if this so-called "billy slater of super league" turns out to be as good as billy slater of the NRL THEN pay him accordingly ....

but writing blank cheques to players with absolutely no runs on the board in the NRL is ludicrous ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Broncosgirl
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Howie
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.