Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncos signing someone decent....that's a good one.

I believe the player was supposedly Barba which could still in fact happen but it's long odds.

Signing announcement is still coming, but it's been delayed. Player concerned getting cold feet.

Signing announcement is still coming, but it's been delayed. Player concerned getting cold feet.
Sniff, sniff, I think that bait might be going off Coxy.

Cam Smith confirmed to be off-contract, and his family lives in Brisbane and his wife has trouble with their young family while he's away, and he's looking for a final long-term deal, etc etc. The first 6 and a half words is all that should be needed for us to chase him though. Would be worth one million a year.

Smith leaving the Storm won't be about the money. If he wants to live in QLD we are a chance. He would get a massive amount of 3rd party deals in Brisbane plus he will walk into a job after footy in the media or in coaching.

He might even be lured by the idea of possibly coaching after he finishes playing ?

He's on record somewhere as saying he'd like to coach one day.

He's 30 now and off contract at the end of next year. That means he'd be turning 32 in his first season. How many years would he have left I wonder. Play up til he's 35?

Chances of us signing him, slim to anorexic

I'd take a 32 year old Cameron Smith on a 3 year deal, he seems like the sort of player that won't really lose much as he gets older (Doesn't utilize his speed out of dummy half that much these days, put still has decent pace)

Piss McCullough off.

Not to mention we could just make him head coach the second he retires, has a great football mind.

Smith Captain-Coach for 3 years, then head coach after that.

He would just bring so much to the club which we lack right now.

How about Smith to halfback/5-8? Could mentor & improve McCullough & a good foil for Hunt. Failing signing him as a player & he does stay in Melbourne, He's obviously going to return to SEQ - sign him up to the coaching staff post playing days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Shane Tronc
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Howie
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.