Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wane sounds like Wayne. Maybe that's enough.

Its a sad day at BroncosHQ when we're hoping to sign a couple of Warriors players.

What makes you think that mate?

I think they have a couple of very handy players that would slot well into this team

Its a sad day at BroncosHQ when we're hoping to sign a couple of Warriors players.
IMO they're the most talented squad in the competition. Problem is they can't harness that talent often enough. When they do though, they're near unstoppable.

Exactly, the Warriors outfit has a ton of upside. Unfortunately, they struggle with all the travel demands and they still have a very soft approach to footy. A lot of players love to have the ball in their hands but don't respect possession enough or defence and when things turn bad they aren't mentally tough enough to deal with it.

But the talent is there and in the right system they'll be a huge benefit.

Then again, I'm on board with rnabokov's theory that it's our leadership that's letting us down. I've gone into bat on a number of occasions but he isn't a leader.

In saying that, neither is Parker.

IMO they're the most talented squad in the competition. Problem is they can't harness that talent often enough. When they do though, they're near unstoppable.

Agreed 191239217417981472918371278%. The Warriors, if they play their cards right, are the new Broncos. The way we enjoyed the majority of the Qld talent and being a one state team, NZ are exactly the same, except they are a one country team. You just have to look at their success in the TYC to see how easy it could be for them to have a litany of stars over the coming seasons.

This current squad needs someone who's a real arsehole to be their captain IMO.

Thaiday's too chummy with all the lads. We need some nutcase, mental, batshit crazy fella who treats every match like it's war.

Thaiday's too chummy with all the lads. We need some nutcase, mental, batshit crazy fella who treats every match like it's war.

I don't want Gallen at the Broncos.

Exactly, the Warriors outfit has a ton of upside. Unfortunately, they struggle with all the travel demands and they still have a very soft approach to footy. A lot of players love to have the ball in their hands but don't respect possession enough or defence and when things turn bad they aren't mentally tough enough to deal with it.

But the talent is there and in the right system they'll be a huge benefit.

Then again, I'm on board with rnabokov's theory that it's our leadership that's letting us down. I've gone into bat on a number of occasions but he isn't a leader.

In saying that, neither is Parker.

I can't see a single captain and commander on the market, nor in our ranks.

No chance of a premiership without one, and with our squad, and who's available on the market.

We should have planned for this years ago (and signed Papalli)

I can't see a single captain and commander on the market, nor in our ranks.

No chance of a premiership without one, and with our squad, and who's available on the market.

We should have planned for this years ago (and signed Papalli)

Parker for mine.

He should've been given the 'C' instead of Thaiday.

Papalii is a captain and commander?? I still fail to see how a captain makes a difference to our side. We lack the talent in the key positions it is simple as that. We also are poorly coached.

Papalii is a captain and commander?? I still fail to see how a captain makes a difference to our side. We lack the talent in the key positions it is simple as that. We also are poorly coached.

I should have phrased that differently. A leader AND Papalli.

A team of talented unguided missiles is useless (and expensive) without a guidance system

Parker as far as I have read on the Forum is not respected as a leader by the players?

At least most of the time he leads by example.

Thaiday's too chummy with all the lads. We need some nutcase, mental, bat**** crazy fella who treats every match like it's war.

I would much rather a Lockyer type who doesn't need all those adjectives... he just got it done when we needed it.

None exist, not for us anyway.

I got a mental image of Tallis in my head reading that :thumbup1:

While a calm, collected Locky-type would be handy, I think one of the main things we lack at the moment is aggression, both in attack and defence - and a nutcase could help with that! Would love to see what we could do if we just muscled up a bit and started really belting the opposition about...

Yeah all our players seem too nice or soft. Perhaps its because they won't sign anyone that has that kind of nature. Won't fit our nice image.

Isn't there some incredible signing announcement due at the end of this round as someone or more posted earlier this season?

No.

A member on here just decided to mess around with a few members and a bunch of desperate fans took the bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • Browny
  • Robboi_321
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • bert_lifts
  • Stix
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.