Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans will trump us and sign Barba

If we son't get Barba if he does become available we should riot.

Wtf are you talking about penny?

I can't do wishful thinking posts in here? hmm actually maybe i should word this better....

Trade Matt Gillett for Shaun Johnson! and then we can play Denan Kemp as captain!

If we son't get Barba if he does become available we should riot.

i havent been too mad at our recruitment because in MY opinion there hasnt been anyone really worth grabbing. but if barba comes up and we dont sign him, well i'm with you there. that will do it for me.

My biggest fear ATM is that IF Barba does somehow end up on the Market for 2014 and we're not the only club pursuing him then we will lose out. Why would he sign with us with our current coach, captain, form when he could go to a better standing team for approximately the same money?

It’s been said quite a lot lately but something seriously stinks at the Broncos. Our form is extremely poor and we’ve had no new recruitment at all, even our CEO has had to give an interview in an attempt to play things down.

I never said anything at the time either but I really think the club screwed up by ending negotiations with Dugan over the twitter rant. IMO it would have been the perfect opportunity to get behind him as a club and issue a statement saying that we understand what he did was wrong and immature but we are going to provide our full support and counseling to get this young talent back to the top of his game. Instead, the Dragons picked him up for what was probably a bargain and are now reaping the benefits and honestly who cares about the twitter crap anymore. The Dragons ended up looking like heroes for giving him another chance and we ended up looking like massive idiots.

I’m actually not a fan of Dugan as a person, not many people would be, but he was a huge talent that we let slip through our fingers. As a club we should be making the most of those opportunities and not assuming that something better will come along.

Yeah we wouldn't stand a chance if Barba actually decided to look elsewhere outside of Canterbury, Titans have similar cap space, a better squad, young halves paring with plenty of potential, great coaching staff, great facilities.. and his brother plays there.

Yeah we wouldn't stand a chance if Barba actually decided to look elsewhere outside of Canterbury, Titans have similar cap space, a better squad, young halves paring with plenty of potential, great coaching staff, great facilities.. and his brother plays there.
Plus on a lighter note, I'm sure EBC has a few chapters in other cities. GC would be a prime location for such an esteemed organisation.

Uhh... Those bits in bold do not compute.

I'd be surprised if the Cowboys didn't make a play at Barba but I doubt they have the coin to match us. I'll be pretty pissed off if the Titans have more salary cap space than us.

I'd be surprised if the Cowboys didn't make a play at Barba but I doubt they have the coin to match us. I'll be pretty ****ed off if the Titans have more salary cap space than us.
Honestly, the cowboys are the real dangers depending on their cap space.

Barba is from Mackay, most of his family live around NQ and NQ have said they don't know whether Bowen will play on after this year (at least with them).

When you think about it, Barba is literally Bowen MkII. It would be a smart as shit decision by NQ if they went with it.

Uhh... Those bits in bold do not compute.

I don't really have the proof to back up the cap space part, but they were after Tomkins, so they've got to have a lot laying around.

And yes, their coaching staff is absolutely top of the class.... compared to ours.

I really hope we make a huge play at Barba, he is exactly what we need at the moment. I am a bit surprised that the Titans seem to be chasing him hard as they don't really need another FB or any halves, but of course who wouldn't chase that kind a calibre of player. Cowboys are the biggest threat for mine as well.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't get our hopes up as Chris Garry has already tweeted that he has inside knowledge that Barba will NOT be at the broncos next year:
Chris Garry ‏@chrisgarry1 5h @HeartOfABronco no doubt there's been contact but I heard from someone who should no Barba won't be at Bronx 2014

I don't really have the proof to back up the cap space part, but they were after Tomkins, so they've got to have a lot laying around.

And yes, their coaching staff is absolutely top of the class.... compared to ours.
I doubt they have that much cap space after getting the likes of Myles, Idris and Taylor, and they had to release Prince to free up some money.

As for coaching... Yeah, no. They are not top class, even compared to ours.

Is there any point to this thread anymore? Apart from wishful thinking lol

Is there any point to this thread anymore? Apart from wishful thinking lol

Where else are we going to announce that we've signed Matty Bowen on a 4 year deal.

Where else are we going to announce that we've signed Matty Bowen on a 4 year deal.

A "Just Shoot Me" thread. Plus we can save space and discuss both our signings and the show in one convenient place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • broncotville
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Purple Pills
  • Astro
  • sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • Howie
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Mustafur
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.