Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncos 2018 -

Head Coach: Cameron Smith
Assistant Coaches: Darren Lockyer, Kevin Walters

(Confirmed)

I wonder what view that NRL would have on player/coaches. Would the coaching salary component of that player's wage be exempt from the team salary cap? We would obviously have to pay Smith what he is worth at NRL level, but surely we could entice him with massive $s to be captain coach. There is not much left in the game for Cameron Smith to do at club level. There's still a World Cup & 4 Nations at National level, but he's pretty much done it all. He's won premierships, captain his club, not sure if he's won a Clive Churchiill medal or not. However, nobody in the modern game has been a successful captain/coach. I think the last player to try was Wally Lewis.

IMO it is really the only way we can get him up here. I reckon he will re-sign with the storm. It's going to take something a little left field to get him away from there.

The other option is to offer his wife a good paying job at the Broncos, but then that didn't work too well with Inglis.

Last edited:
I don't see Smith on big money at 32 as a great signing.. he'd give us 2 years, 3 max and then what? he'd be a good addition, in conjunction with other top players, but on his own and expected to be the saviour? He will be a great disappointment to a lot of us if that's how he will be viewed.

I saw this on facebook from NRL gossip

The Broncos are currently chasing Raiders Dave Shillington & Titans Albert Kelly, its rumoured Kelly is extremely unhappy with the terms of his Gold Coast contract & will seek a release if his demands are not met.

I saw this on facebook from NRL gossip

**** yes make it happen gee. With a big guy like shillington and a creative 'make something out of anything' half a lot of our problems would be solved. Please fucking get it done gee

Shillington would be a good pickup.

A genuine front rower, who'd them allow Thaiday to go back to the second row and push Gillett back to the bench.

I'm sorry, but i still believe Gillett plays his best football from the bench.

Albert Kelly would be great too...a real X-factor player that we need badly.

Goofin will have some excuse why we don't need them

5 bucks says we sign Reni Matua

Geez I hope not. I saw a rumour yesterday that Sharks are looking at Matua and SKD, so I think we are safe.

With regards to Shill and Kelly, I really hope Gee can pull this off, they are exactly what we need. I wonder were Kelly would play though. I assume in the halves with Prince to be forced to retire, but would he do well at fullback? He had a tough time at FB when at the sharks, but I suppose that could be another option??

The Broncos are currently chasing Raiders Dave Shillington & Titans Albert Kelly, its rumoured Kelly is extremely unhappy with the terms of his Gold Coast contract & will seek a release if his demands are not met.

surprised that the Titans would ever find themselves in strife re contract perks ... Surely there's more than enough hookers and blow to keep everyone fat and giggly down there.

CANBERRA Raiders giant David Shillington has emerged as a potential target for a Brisbane Broncos outfit desperately short on quality big men and star power.While he still has two years to run on his current deal with the Raiders, Shillington has made no secret of his desire to finish his career in southeast Queensland, to allow him to be near his family.
With Canberra's crop of young stars mounting pressure on the club's salary cap, The Australian understands Raiders management has weighed the possibility of releasing one or more of their more experienced big men.
Shillington's manager, Andrew Purcell, has reportedly sought interest from rival clubs regarding his client, with Brisbane among possible suitors.
Raiders boss Don Furner said he knew nothing of the outside interest.
"That would be news to me because he's under contract to us," Furner said. "I would have thought Brisbane could develop their own players."
What a dick, because Raiders never buy anyone... Sandor Earl and Joel Edwards, two players in their team this week were purchased from other clubs prior to this year.

QUOTE=broncos4life;2499886]**** yes make it happen gee. With a big guy like shillington and a creative 'make something out of anything' half a lot of our problems would be solved. Please fucking get it done gee[/QUOTE]

yeah, it would be a start but by no means would it put us on par with the premiership heavyweights of this world (which is what the broncos should be aiming for, nothing less) ... Imo we'd still need to find a good partner in the halves for Kelly if that's where we'd intend to plug him in.

If the Broncos do end up nabbing these two, they better not tells us that there's no more salary cap space for further additions down the track.

What a dick, because Raiders never buy anyone... Sandor Earl and Joel Edwards, two players in their team this week were purchased from other clubs prior to this year.

best not to listen to too much that David Furner says ... few do.

1. Kahu/Hoffman
2. Hoffman/Kahu
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. JYY/Copley
6. Hunt
7. Kelly
8. Hannent
9. McCullough/Wallace
10. Shillington
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. McGuire
16. Gillett
17. Dodds or someone

Man that looks good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • johnny plath
  • Wild Horse
  • jd87
  • thenry
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • jarro65
  • Manofoneway
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • broncotville
  • Stix
  • Wolfie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.