Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Hoffman to get back to his best and contribute well at fullback, we need our edge players to start making offloads to him on the run, and also have decent 2nd receivers/runners who can pass on either side...so pretty much our 2nd rowers would need to lift quite a bit and start playing more like Mateo or SBW something. Or we could sign good halves or get our props to start playing the Hasler roles again. But something would need to change, and NoFaithinHook.

Agree completely, and for mine, this is a coaching issue where they practise and practise and ... practise until it's 2nd nature and a regular set play. The halves are absolutely crucial to this play on the edges

I look back at 2011 and see clearly that Gillett, Glenn and Hoffman both had instincts as to positioning when Lockyer played. They knew what was planned, when it was going to happen and positioned themselves accordingly.

This year, it's just bloody hit and miss - and it just makes feel more strongly that Hook is coaching talent out of key players, and our recruitment sucks so much that nothing was done to replace Lockyer ... well, come as closeas possible to the impossible.

Last edited:
Just watching Shaun Johnson and DCE. Damn they are good. Makes our halves look NYC

We should go for Quade Cooper.
AGREED... If there is anyone worth taking a chance on its quade Cooper. . The membership alone would go thru the roof.. Would love to see what he could do in league...

He would tackle like Steve Turner but worse

If it's a half or someone who plays a strong playmaking role, I think their defence can be excused, as long as they add enough in attack.

Quade has the
best skills of any playmaker in either of the codes. Phenomenal. But that is all he has.

He would tackle like Steve Turner but worse

He has improved his defence heaps, the gamble is well worth it. I take it you're judging it on what the media told you during the world cup right?

Quade has the
best skills of any playmaker in either of the codes. Phenomenal. But that is all he has.

the best skills of a playmaker, but that's all he has? Confused on that one. What playmaker skills do you mean and what does he lack in your opinion?

We need someone who has the skills of a playmaker.

I went to the yawnion the other week and cooper impressed me a lot. Far out he's got a good passing and kicking game. Very very good. I'd like to see us make an offer, but it won't happen.

No human brains, poor defence, instability etc. No one would question his attacking instincts, because he is untouchable.

I hope ARU keep pissing off Cooper so we can sign him, I'm pretty sure he's close with Hodges so that should work in our favour.

I went to the yawnion the other week and cooper impressed me a lot. Far out he's got a good passing and kicking game. Very very good. I'd like to see us make an offer, but it won't happen.

Was this the Reds Vs Lions game? If so jealous!

Quade doesn't have to defend in the front line, he could play fullback. He'd get the ball at second receiver and with more space, he could go pretty damn well.

He has improved his defence heaps, the gamble is well worth it. I take it you're judging it on what the media told you during the world cup right?

No I use my eyes and the fact his state couch hiding him at fullback

No I use my eyes and the fact his state couch hiding him at fullback

Even with good defence, fullback is a great spot for him when playing for field position. The amount of times the opposition kick it into the reds 22, You want someone with a good boot down there to get it out quickly.

Union tactics aside he can't tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.