Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know something??? the cryptic clues are killing me lol

nothing to do with us, couple players in strife.

well according to twitter it seems like we definitely dodge a bullet with old duges, as one of the 'get duges at whatever costs' brigade, wow how wrong was I! About to sign another big contract too, what a fucking idiot

Interesting rumours about Blake Ferguson this morning...but that's more Origin related - and potentially relates to Dugan but premature to speculate.

Nice rant Ari, but neither of your examples is valid.
- Being flashy in the ESL does not make him a great player, certainly not worth 1 mill a season.
- The club did offer a contract to Dugan, who then decided to go and do exactly the same stupid thing that got him sacked at Canberra, just because he hasn't fucked up yet at the dragqueens, doesn't mean he won't.
I swear I wasn't in Cronulla last night... :laugh:

It's actually pretty much spot on, because there simply aren't any worthwhile players out there.
But hey, the fans need something to blame, so yeah... let's all say it together:
- The club's recruitment is really horrible!

No because other clubs have beaten us to the punch by recognising roster deficiencies and forward planning. I think we all realise that we can't just go to the market and announce who we want, it's been the failure of any recognition of a problem and subsequent lack of recruitment activity as a result.

The Titans finished last in 2011 and quickly identified the players they needed to be on the verge of the top 4 a year and a half later.

If that is to be our fate and we pick up the wooden spoon, does anyone have faith that the current coach and admin can turn us around that quickly?

It's actually pretty much spot on, because there simply aren't any worthwhile players out there.
But hey, the fans need something to blame, so yeah... let's all say it together:
- The club's recruitment is really horrible!

There's two very worthwile players that i can think of that still aren't inked...

I don't think the Titans roster is even close to comparable. Our roster is nowhere near as bad as our current ladder position indicates, even if we need a couple of players for key positions.

We can start behaving like Parra, make our recruitment and retention policy equivalent to a revolving door, and forget about the core issues, but it won't make things better.

A year ago, we were Top 4 well within reach of the top of the ladder with pretty much the same roster, after reaching the prelim final the season before. The salary cap also wasn't even close to what it is now, which as Ari said, makes it easier for teams to keep their stars, and we were definitely NOT in need of recruitment, except if an opportunity like Inglis presented itself (we all know how that one went :cursing:).

A year later, things have changed drastically, and although I think we need to focus on the collective and coaching rather than individuals, when it comes to recruitment, either we just ignore the club's image and wait for players like Dugan or Ferguson to be sacked, get them and take the risk they will drag us through the mud, and possibly take a few other players with them, or we have to gamble on fringe players, young promises, or we have faith in our own development. I definitely still believe in the latter, although we don't really have a solution for our immediate needs.

Sure, we could definitely do with a couple of players, especially a FB, a big prop and a halve, given neither Norman or Hunt are the short or long term answer, but under the circumstances, I cannot be anywhere near as critical of the Broncos recruitment/retention as most people appear to be.

There's not much the club could have done differently without the benefit of hindsight imo.

I have zero faith in our development purely because our coach is keeping players that suit his style of footy.
Nobody is advocating anything remotely close to a Parra solution only that we need to start somewhere.
Personally I'd start with hooker but Macca will never be dropped we all know it and that for me sums up our problem.

im firm in my belief we are 1 or 2 players away from being a top 4 side. the key is a good quality half. would be nice to get a fb (BARBA) and another good prop. ok so thats three. honestly thaiday at prop has to effin stop. hopefully someone in our lower grades can develop into a good prop.

Maybe there is something to this Ryan bailey interest. The bloke has posted the news story about it on his twitter

who the hell is the player that was keen but 'getting cold feet'? if i took a guess it would be SJ...?

im firm in my belief we are 1 or 2 players away from being a top 4 side. the key is a good quality half. would be nice to get a fb (BARBA) and another good prop. ok so thats three. honestly thaiday at prop has to effin stop. hopefully someone in our lower grades can develop into a good prop.
Noisetheory I agree with you.Signing one will make no difference.Quality half/full back and yes a frontrower is needed,Sammy T would be the first to admit that he is a backrower not a frontrower.He is doing it because it is asked of him and yes his game has suffered because of this positional change.

Last edited:
who the hell is the player that was keen but 'getting cold feet'? if i took a guess it would be SJ...?
Give him the best socks money can buy. If he's even half interested we have to go all out, even if it means paying a lot of money for a pair of socks. Anything we can do, we must do.

Give him the best socks money can buy. If he's even half interested we have to go all out, even if it means paying a lot of money for a pair of socks. Anything we can do, we must do.
Broncos Board: We're happy with the socks we have at our disposal.

Broncos Board: We're happy with the socks we have at our disposal.
To be fair I'm totally biased but I think Shaun Johnson would be just about the best signing in the game if we got him. He's probably my favourite non Broncos player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Justwin
  • BroncoFan94
  • Stix
  • Maddy
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Cavalo
  • Maroon4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TimWhatley
  • Ondi
  • whykickamoocow
  • Matheos
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.