Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

this is my first post on the forum, i've been reading everything over the last couple of months though, really loving the site!
i'm one thats actually sad that norman is leaving. He does have an ego on him, but hes a young bloke that people have praised since he can remember. I feel that the coaching staff have to take some accountability to be able to keep his ego in check. I remember a young justin hodges having a BIT of an attitude problem.
Norman doesnt have the sense of urgency and hustle required to play fullback although in attack i dont think we have any one who can do the job any better.
Welcome to the site Danialson!

Great first post, I hope you can stick around and post more often. It's always good to have new users join and tell us what they think.

I for one, am in the camp of "happy he's leaving" because I think we can do better but I can understand your point of view. In all honesty though, we obviously wanted to keep him (well the coaching staff, not me) but were not prepared to give him half a million a year like Parra offered.

Last edited:
Parra signed Norman to play a position that involves passing, any wonder they are at the bottom

You obviously haven't been watching him play this year.

Norman has let go of some absolute pearlers to his outside men that has directly lead to tries.

You obviously haven't been watching him play this year.

Norman has let go of some absolute pearlers to his outside men that has directly lead to tries.

Very true. He has gifted both Hoffman and maranta a fair few untouched tries this season. But his lack of effort in some areas is unbearable to watch. Tigers' first try seemed like he was too stubborn or proud to dive and hit the ball dead.

Very true. He has gifted both Hoffman and maranta a fair few untouched tries this season. But his lack of effort in some areas is unbearable to watch. Tigers' first try seemed like he was too stubborn or proud to dive and hit the ball dead.

Very disappointing effort on that Tigpies try you're talking of.......don't know what he was thinking.

That kind of brain snap is one of my only real critics on most of Norman's play. He's kinda goofy at times.....

Honestly, Norman reminds me of a poor man's Jarryd Hayne. A fullback wannabe 5/8 with a good running game, a huge ego and has lots of games where he fails to show any urgency.

The difference is when Hayne is on, he's untouchable and at the same age Hayne was setting the competition alight. Norman is ok, he's not a terrible player, he's just hugely overrated in the media simply because he's the man "who replaced Lockyer" and he's leaving the Broncos. If we he was playing for any other club he would be an average first grader.

Seriously, if he came through Parra juniors and has displayed the same form he's displayed for us since he came into first grade he may have been part of the Ricky Stuart clean out this year.

Last edited:
Honestly, Norman reminds me of a poor man's Jarryd Hayne. A fullback wannabe 5/8 with a good running game, a huge ego and has lots of games where he fails to show any urgency.

The difference is when Hayne is on, he's untouchable and at the same age Hayne was setting the competition alight. Norman is ok, he's not a terrible player, he's just hugely overrated in the media simply because he's the man "who replaced Lockyer" and he's leaving the Broncos. If we he was playing for any other club he would be an average first grader.

Seriously, if he came through Parra juniors and has displayed the same form he's displayed for us since he came into first grade he may have been part of the Ricky Stuart clean out this year.

I cannot agree with this more. The fact that he currently gets so much praise from the media is cos he is leaving us and they want to run with the story of "oh no the stupid broncos are letting go of a superstar". If he was staying with us they would be putting out his obvious failings and questioning our decision to stick with him

Very disappointing effort on that Tigpies try you're talking of.......don't know what he was thinking.

That kind of brain snap is one of my only real critics on most of Norman's play. He's kinda goofy at times.....

Goofy is often admirable. Like the way Gillett runs. Or the way that Reed wears his heart on his sleeve when he drops the ball (bows head, shakes fist at himself). He also does that when he scores a try. Norman's just a nob.

Goofy is often admirable. Like the way Gillett runs. Or the way that Reed wears his heart on his sleeve when he drops the ball (bows head, shakes fist at himself). He also does that when he scores a try. Norman's just a nob.

Norman is a pussy who's lacking a brain. He will fit right in at the Eels.

I cannot agree with this more. The fact that he currently gets so much praise from the media is cos he is leaving us and they want to run with the story of "oh no the stupid broncos are letting go of a superstar". If he was staying with us they would be putting out his obvious failings and questioning our decision to stick with him

I reckon its more to do with the fact that none of those sydney-centric clowns pay any attention to the broncos so when they're forced to give the club a token mention during one of these mid week shows, you get that kind of completely ill-informed comment, before they quickly turn their attention back to the Roosters and or ANOTHER fucking profile piece on James Maloney ...

Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum, i've been reading everything over the last couple of months though, really loving the site!QUOTE].

Welcome aboard danialson! Funtastic to have YET another new subscriber.

I think you will find the majority of folk here are mostly very friendly and only TOO happy to answer any queries you may have.

There is frequently a really neat little bunch of topics to speak about - relating not only to our team but also other general and sometimes controversial matters.

I think you will find that you will enjoy your stay here much more if you can just treat the forum as you would a normal, everyday social gathering. Follow the rules, respect other subscribers and try to stay on topic in your postings.

Again, welcome and enjoy your stay :biggrin:

Last edited:
I reckon its more to do with the fact that none of those sydney-centric clowns pay any attention to the broncos so when they're forced to give the club a token mention during one of these mid week shows, you get that kind of completely ill-informed comment, before they quickly turn their attention back to the Roosters and or ANOTHER ****ing profile piece on James Maloney ...

Yeah seriously, how much can we fucking hear about james maloney

Norman has followed his mate Te'o down to Sydney. I am betting he was another reason why he chose to leave us. So glad he is leaving. He has no ticker at all.

So far i haven't seen anything from Norman to suggest we are making a mistake by letting him go.

He can kick the ball ok, and throws a nice pass (sometimes) but there's nothing to say that Kahu, or even Hoffman can't do the same thing sometime in the future.

To me, a bad attitude is infectious, and should be snuffed out ASAP.

I wish we would stop playing him. Would rather Hoffman at fullback although I'd prefer to see him on the wing.

I wish we would stop playing him. Would rather Hoffman at fullback although I'd prefer to see him on the wing.

Seriously, what are we missing that the Broncos hierarchy are seeing in him? Granted, we're not at every training session, seeing his skills and judging his effort there, but we are witnessing him on the field, and that's where the money stops. He's lazy, gutless, selfish, and clearly has no heart for the jersey. Why does he keep getting named????????

Seriously, what are we missing that the Broncos hierarchy are seeing in him? Granted, we're not at every training session, seeing his skills and judging his effort there, but we are witnessing him on the field, and that's where the money stops. He's lazy, gutless, selfish, and clearly has no heart for the jersey. Why does he keep getting named????????

He's got pics of Hook and Gee-Gee's secret wrestling session ??

:biggrin:

griffin-mnf_dvd.original.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Broncosgirl
  • dasherhalo
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Santa
  • davidp
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncones
  • Culhwch
  • phoenix
  • Robboi_321
  • Old Mate
  • Tim K
  • johnny plath
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.