Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
For as bad as Norman is, you cannot deny his skill nor how effective he's been for us.

He's got twice as many try assists as any other player in our squad.

I don't believe Hoffman, Kahu or Bond would provide us with that sort of effort.

If Copley was around, I believe Norman's spot would be in jeopardy. However, since he's been one of our better players in offence there's no denying his spot.

He's got pics of Hook and Gee-Gee's secret wrestling session ??

:biggrin:

Look, whatever YOUR opinions, there is no need for vile and disgusting postings such as this. Hook may be a head coach, but he IS also a human-been and deserves to be treated with respect; just as we all like.

Let's keep the personal insults and innuendos out of this shall we. I mean, it is not a good look for any new subscribers who sign up for memberships on BHQ and then come across comments such as the one YOU posted about Hook. Not cool ok.

Look, whatever YOUR opinions, there is no need for vile and disgusting postings such as this. Hook may be a head coach, but he IS also a human-been and deserves to be treated with respect; just as we all like.

Let's keep the personal insults and innuendos out of this shall we. I mean, it is not a good look for any new subscribers who sign up for memberships on BHQ and then come across comments such as the one YOU posted about Hook. Not cool ok.
What is he now?

For as bad as Norman is, you cannot deny his skill nor how effective he's been for us.

I don't believe Hoffman, Kahu or Bond would provide us with that sort of effort.

If Copley was around, I believe Norman's spot would be in jeopardy. However, since he's been one of our better players in offence there's no denying his spot.

Very well said Pete! There sure is a lot of negativity around here at times.

Oh, by the way, I'm lovin your new avatar. Super cute heheh

Keep you shirt on champ, it was a joke .... hence the smiley afterwards !!

You're a fan of Norman, i'm not ..... let's leave it at that.

Wow (notice I didn't say gee), we mustn't have many!

If he'd pass the ball instead of his ego, he'd have 4 times as many.

His skill? He times his runs well and passes the ball ... now and then . which is what he is getting paid for

Doesn't do much else

Last edited:
Our entire attack plan revolves around Norman having more assists than anyone else...because our halves are pretty much glorified shufflers.

Sorry BP, but for mine, FB is our most vulnerable of positions, and one of the most critical, yet instead of blooding a future Bronco, we're giving the Eels recruit great 1st grade practice.

Sorry, it makes no sense to me playing him at all no matter how well he plays. Next year he plays AGAINST us.

Who do you suggest we play?

The rookie returning from two knee reconstructions who's currently nursing a broken thumb?

Believe me, I share your frustration. Norman lacks the heart of a man and does not play with the courage of an ideological Bronco. However, throwing him to the Devils at this stage gives us little benefit.

Who do you suggest we play?

The rookie returning from two knee reconstructions who's currently nursing a broken thumb?

Believe me, I share your frustration. Norman lacks the heart of a man and does not play with the courage of an ideological Bronco. However, throwing him to the Devils at this stage gives us little benefit.

Well, we are playing Kahu anyway, and this year is a shambles, albeit with rays of hope after last week's change of game plan.

I started off being one of Norman's strongest supporters after his first few games in 1st grade, but now, it has clearly gone to his head and that early brilliance has evaporated, but then, Sticky might have a different approach and he'll turn into a superstar

Kidding yourself.

A half decent fullback and our halves wouldn't be looking as bad as they are now. He's bombed a thousand tries, no better than his woeful efforts in the 6 jersey last year.

Plus he has no ticker. Absolutely no desire to back up huge efforts from his team-mates. He should've gotten life and a day for not running the kick return back hard in Parramatta this year, after the other 12 blokes gave absolutely everything to put us in an attacking position on the back of their defence.

Hey everyone,

Just joined BHQ after realising that checking the site 5 times a day for the last 6 or so months warrants registration haha
Hope to be able to contribute as much as possible, and talking all things Broncos !

This may just be me over thinking, but is anyone worried about the Cowboys stealing Barba from us, I've heard some reports that Tamou is on the outer at Townsville so if they flicked him then that could open up some more cash..
Hopefully I'm wrong though !!

Hey everyone,

Just joined BHQ after realising that checking the site 5 times a day for the last 6 or so months warrants registration haha
Hope to be able to contribute as much as possible, and talking all things Broncos !

This may just be me over thinking, but is anyone worried about the Cowboys stealing Barba from us, I've heard some reports that Tamou is on the outer at Townsville so if they flicked him then that could open up some more cash..
Definitely made the right decision to join :biggrin: Welcome to the board.

I'm worried about the Titans stealing Barba from us, his brother plays there and supposedly his ex wants to go back there with the kids. I really hope we can steal Barba for next year.

That being said, Tamou would also be a great pickup for us, if that's who we got.

Haha yeah thanks
What are your thoughts on young Marmin ?
From what I've seen he definitely has potential...
Tamou would look awesome in a Broncos jersey, I would be happy with either signing.

Seriously, what are we missing that the Broncos hierarchy are seeing in him? Granted, we're not at every training session, seeing his skills and judging his effort there, but we are witnessing him on the field, and that's where the money stops. He's lazy, gutless, selfish, and clearly has no heart for the jersey. Why does he keep getting named????????

He keeps getting picked because we wont be blooding anyone young because Ben Barba will be the fullback next year. The rumours earlier in the year suggested the unrest at canterbury with him, and then all of a sudden the likes of Eastwood, Pritchard, Kasiano, Morris who had threatened to leave have all stated they want to stay and some of them have signed new contracts.

It seems there was a deal done earlier in the year (barba to broncos) to put the flames out and whatever differences there were are not being put aside for one last premiership before he leaves. Hasler would not let this type of unrest go on any longer. It seems ironic to me now that the round 13 deadline has passed and broncos are sitting on their hands with recruitment news, saying they have plans in place. Now there are stories surfacing from Barba that he might have to move north with his family. Doesn't it seem good timing that there is now a compassionate get out for him. I have spoken to a person who is friends with Stagg and said this was all sorted months ago. I would not have a clue wether he was on the money or not but it seems obvious to me that it has been. The broncos have there fullback and now they are making enquiries about props, something else they are short on. The broncos are a big club, a smart club, they have made some interesting decisons over the last few years but I feel they are now working behind the scenes to fix the problems.

It is easy for people to turn on the club they love through sheer passion and the want to win but lets let it unfold and see how we are shaping up by seasons end with recruitment. One last little piece of news, another unidentifed rumour through a totally unconfirmed source is that Jarrod Weara Hargreaves is keen on a Broncos move, pending they don't take out the premiership. The roosters want to offload a couple for "more buying" and him or SKD could be moving on. JWH would be an excellent buy if we could pinch him from the roosters, and along side hannant would be a great pair. The forward pack we would have would be pretty special. Throw barba out the back and in time bring in a young playmaker and the club could turn things around pretty quick.

Keep the faith boys.

Hey everyone,

Technically he's not ours to steal yet, but yeah, it would be disappointing. If only Souffs didn't steal Inglis from us, we'd be lolling at Barba.

Kahu isn't viable in the short term and I don't believe it'd be of any use to throw him in while our heads are down. Much better to give him a clean slate when our hopes are high.

A thousand you say Jeba? Sounds legitimate. By no means am I saying he's been great for us, but clearly this formation is our best option.

Regardless to bring this back on topic. Wasn't there a rumour one of our other fullback hopefuls, Joe Bond, was off to the Super League next year?

Last edited:
One last little piece of news, another unidentifed rumour through a totally unconfirmed source is that Jarrod Weara Hargreaves is keen on a Broncos move, pending they don't take out the premiership. The roosters want to offload a couple for "more buying" and him or SKD could be moving on. JWH would be an excellent buy if we could pinch him from the roosters, and along side hannant would be a great pair. The forward pack we would have would be pretty special. Throw barba out the back and in time bring in a young playmaker and the club could turn things around pretty quick.

SKD is horrific, and JWH only started performing consistently well this year...but he's always had potential, so I wouldn't be against him.
Though I'm actually kinda debating if we need another prop forward. I think McGuire and Hannant are an excellent starting combo, and if Hala picks up some fitness he'd be an awesome bench player. I think Dodds is more than good enough for the 4th spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Gaz
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • dasherhalo
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Santa
  • davidp
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncones
  • Culhwch
  • phoenix
  • Robboi_321
  • Old Mate
  • Tim K
  • johnny plath
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.