Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true,
The other day I saw a replay of that race between Australia's atheletes,
Seeing Inglis listed under Brisbane Broncos just depressed me.

I'm a massive fan of Hargreaves, he's full of aggression. Although with him and Maguire on the field at the same time I daresay we'll be getting in punch ons every round

As long as we didn't just buy another Hannant, Parker, Graham type I'll be fine.

Don't get me wrong, great players, but we need some size upfront to punch lines through the defence and put them in two minds.

SKD is horrific, and JWH only started performing consistently well this year...but he's always had potential, so I wouldn't be against him.
Though I'm actually kinda debating if we need another prop forward. I think McGuire and Hannant are an excellent starting combo, and if Hala picks up some fitness he'd be an awesome bench player. I think Dodds is more than good enough for the 4th spot.

I agree about Dodds, but my belief always was that our 1st 2 priorities is a half and a prop. FB would be nice too but then maybe Kahu is the goods.

JWH or Tamou would for mine be perfect for our front row. Their size and strength alone to me are unmatched in our pack, maybe Hannant excepted.

Last edited:
As long as we didn't just buy another Hannant, Parker, Graham type I'll be fine.

Don't get me wrong, great players, but we need some size upfront to punch lines through the defence and put them in two minds.

I'd actually be over the moon if we bought Graham.

That's the forwards and halves issue solved in one, lol.

I agree about Dodds, but my belief always was that our 1st 2 priorities is a half and a prop. FB would be nice too but then maybe Kahu is the goods.

JWH or Tamou would for mine be perfect for our front row. Their size and strength alone to me are unmatched in our pack, maybe Hannant excepted.

I'm just thinking, McGuire (at his best) and Hannant would make a lot of teams jealous as starting front rowers. Hala adds size and Dodds adds defence. Hannant adds a passing game and McGuire adds aggression. I mean sure, another good front rower would be terrific too, but not before a fullback and a half.

I'm just thinking, McGuire (at his best) and Hannant would make a lot of teams jealous as starting front rowers. Hala adds size and Dodds adds defence. Hannant adds a passing game and McGuire adds aggression. I mean sure, another good front rower would be terrific too, but not before a fullback and a half.

I agree. However, if there were neither FB or half worth signing, but JWH or Tamou were on the market, I'd still go for either

With a line up of: Barba, Hoffman, Reed, Hodges, Copley, Wallace, Prince, Hannant, McCullough, Warea-Hargreaves, Thaiday, Glenn, Parker; Hunt, Mcguire, Gillett, Hala.

Size, Agression and Rotation in the Props.
Mobility in backrow.
Parker the workhorse.

Speed and Reliabilty injected with Barba and Copley.

Still the issue with the halves.

But overall we would be winning a lot more games with that team. Only take a fullback and prop to make things look a little rosier. Throw in a young half and things are looking a lot better.

we will get there boys.

He keeps getting picked because we wont be blooding anyone young because Ben Barba will be the fullback next year.

The broncos are a big club, a smart club, they have made some interesting decisons over the last few years but I feel they are now working behind the scenes to fix the problems.

It is easy for people to turn on the club they love through sheer passion and the want to win but lets let it unfold and see how we are shaping up by seasons end with recruitment.

Keep the faith boys.

What a magnificent posting! I love your optimism and positive frame of mind fella. You seem to have a very healthy outlook not only in regard to the team, BUT also on life in general. Really heartening to meet fans like yourself.

Barba would be nice.....generic edit

Last edited:
I'd be pretty surprised if JWH ended up at Brisbane. Seems like we are keen on a big prop though.

Glad you are confident Sandow won't be at the club. Can't see how he would improve our club. Patience and the club will come up with the player we need.

Pretty sure SKD is just being mentioned as someone the Roosters want to offload. His destination will be the Sharks, not us.

I definitely think you are onto something here in that Barba is not supported by his team mates. I distinctly remember watching a dogs game in the past week or two where the dogs scored and all the players ran in to pat the try scorer on the back, Barba also ran in and then stopped short about a metre or two from the huddle as if he felt he was out of place and unwelcome in joining the huddle. It looked very awkward indeed...

Yeah? I posted something like that and got laughed out of town (among other reasons).

You seem yo know the inside word by use of your definitive responses? What's your goss on Barba and DCE?
DCE is not happening and never was, Orr was playing games to get his 3rd party deal honoured just like he did last year when he forced manly to upgrade his deal. Orr is also Barba's manager and Barba is on half of his market value at the dogs. Dogs will either have to pay up or he will continue to push for a release. Look for movement shortly before greenberg leaves or shortly after to either give Castle clean air or something to announce.

JWH , Barba and Shawn Johnson, most if not all problems solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Dazza 92
  • Broncs1459
  • Astro
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • Spoon
  • john1420
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • levikaden
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Tim K
  • BruiserMk1
  • thenry
  • Jason Simmons
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.