Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question of fish the Locke is interesting. (we pretty much must sign one of them ideally we would have signed Dugan, he's exactly what we're missing). As in different games each would be better. In a game where are forwards are being beaten fish is better. His support play off our extreme number of offloads could turn the game (unfortunately parkers offloads are often late in the tackle once the defense is reset). Alternatively a fullback with ball playing ability and speed would mean within the 20 we could pierce the defense of any team. Ideally we would have both in one player but that's impossible. Additionally we need a marquee half. Prince's running game is decent enough that he can stay. Wallace although solid due to the fact that he can't grubber apparently his cons outweigh his benefits. Although his lack of a running game could be patched up by switching up the plays eg. Glenn going for the holes at time and more reliance of the right that has many more option if a good winger (kahu) is on that side. We currently over rely on the left

For mine, Locke has great instincts in play making and running the ball. That can't be taught. I'd consider him for either FB or 5/8, which I reckon the Warriors are thinking

The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole 1m
BREAKING: Moley hearing @brisbanebroncos chasing Cheyse Blair from @TheParraEels - before June 30.

umm... what?

actually.. maybe if he goes to wing and kahu comes back at FB and we ship that gronk norman out immediatly.. i'd be happy with that.

Last edited:
Blair wouldn't be any worse than Maranta surely.

Blair is a defensive liability now, but he's very young and was brought in to the NRL before being ready. He'll be a gun in a few years. I'd happily take him.

it strikes me as weird unless they intend to ship norman off before end of the season, as i dont see why we'd need to replace kahu who should be back shortly anyway.

considering we have copley and (hopefully) yow yeh to return next season as well.

he does look a talented player.

Last edited:
I'm prepared to get flamed for this, but hell yeah I hope this is true, for a few reasons.

1. We are strengthening an area we are light on.
2. I actually like Blair as a player, he's not a star but is fast and a good finisher (personally would have loved sio if it was anyone from the eels, but hey)
3. He would be cheap cos he's club has publicly told everyone he's not wanted... That's not a great bargaining chip
4. He may come with something to proof.
5. The club are actually doing something in relation to recruitment... Like anything lol

I haven't seen a lot of Blair but from all reports he was pretty good at under 20's level. That said hard to be confident when we are picking up a Parramatta discard. Maybe a change of club could be good for him. We all know that Parra doesn't have a great track record of developing players. At least we are looking to fix our depth up a bit.

I haven't seen a lot of Blair but from all reports he was pretty good at under 20's level. That said hard to be confident when we are picking up a Parramatta discard. Maybe a change of club could be good for him. We all know that Parra doesn't have a great track record of developing players. At least we are looking to fix our depth up a bit.

I see what you mean about Parras development but I think there bigger concern is there ability to see potential in players. I mean look at the quality of parra juniors that they let go (Jamie Lyon etc) and they sign sandow and Norman on half a mil each... Something's wrong there

Blair was actually a Roosters player who trained with their senior squad when he was only 18 years of age but was let go because he simply wasn't getting any better. Parra picked him up and threw him straight into their starting line up since they were desperate as Loko was out for the rest of the year.

It didn't work out and he made a lot of bad rookie errors but he showed some decent signs.

I am mates with Cheyse and he likes the idea of coming to the broncos as he from the Gold Coast but he would prefer to stay in Sydney as his girlfriend is the marketing manager for the sharks and doesn't want to leave her. In saying that I just want him to come so I might be able to get into the sheds after the game haha.

Is their a Blair that that plays for Melbourne? I thought it was him.

^ werent you the guy who reckons he was buying the club?...

edit: [MENTION=8173]Bronco bob[/MENTION]

^ werent you the guy who reckons he was buying the club?...

edit: @Bronco bob

As much as I'd love to, I don't have that sort of money. Unless the Broncos are willing to consider a Nathan Tinkler offer and sell me the club for $1. :p

As soon as the eels named the players they were releasing i said to [MENTION=2115]Anonymous person[/MENTION] that broncos should look at blair. He has potentional. Glad they are

A young player with decent speed and potential, won't happen, it's exactly what we need.

Isn't he out injured for the rest of the season ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • The Don
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncs30
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • bazza
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • broncoscope
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • peter09
  • Allo
  • LittleDavey
  • ezpz
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.