Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
then Hunt/Wallace in 2015..and with both their contracts up, we'll re-sign whichever performs better and partner him with Taylor.

If that's the plan, and there's a good chance it could be, I am not feeling optimistic about any success in the coming years.

The wraps on Taylor sound truly excellent. But of course, we should keep him in QCup until he's in his mid-20's where he can play with Lami Taser

How old was Locky when he came in off the bench in his first NRL game?

He came off the bench as an 18 year old..with Griffin I think if we do the same for Taylor, he'll just turn him into a back-up hooker as he did with Hunt.

I think 2 more years of mediocrity are unnavoidable..this could be greatly lessened by a successful return of Yow Yeh next year, along with the signing of a good fullback (Locke,Gardner end of this year, or gambling on Marmin Barba/Zac Santo as future players).

What I want, is Prince dropped next year, 2 years of Hunt/Wallace, hopefully with Yow Yeh returned and a fullback signed..Duncan/Ashley in Holden Cup, then a year together in QLD cup, then bring them both in as our starting halves and pray their experience together may form a new Cherry-Evans/Foran type combo.

What value of playing Taylor off the bench?? IMO next year he should be playing QLD cup and if he is destroying it at that level then we look at our options to get him into first grade. Lockyer was playing on the bench in a very good team.

He came off the bench as an 18 year old..with Griffin I think if we do the same for Taylor, he'll just turn him into a back-up hooker as he did with Hunt.

I think 2 more years of mediocrity are unnavoidable..this could be greatly lessened by a successful return of Yow Yeh next year, along with the signing of a good fullback (Locke,Gardner end of this year, or gambling on Marmin Barba/Zac Santo as future players).

What I want, is Prince dropped next year, 2 years of Hunt/Wallace, hopefully with Yow Yeh returned and a fullback signed..Duncan/Ashley in Holden Cup, then a year together in QLD cup, then bring them both in as our starting halves and pray their experience together may form a new Cherry-Evans/Foran type combo.

Yes, he did, and as another example, Foran started NRL at 18, or maybe 19.

I couldn't stand 2 more years of mediocrity.

I'd rather drop Hunt then Prince anyday. It may not be his fault, but for mine, Hunt contributes SFA to this side

Last edited:
What value of playing Taylor off the bench?? IMO next year he should be playing QLD cup and if he is destroying it at that level then we look at our options to get him into first grade. Lockyer was playing on the bench in a very good team.

Yep...also a similar route that DCE took.

I'm not at all against seeing Taylor at some stage next year (maybe Wallace will suffer a long term debilitating injury that could see him out for the season). If he does get a chance I hope he starts in his posisiton and not off the bench.

Other than that, very keen to fast track him through the 20's and into QLD cup. At least we'll get more chance to have a look at him......

anyone have any footage of him playing....?

True, Hunt started at 17, let's just throw him in as soon as his shoulder heals, he'll be great. Age is not the only factor. Taylor's played, what, 10 games of NYC and is now out for the season. Then we have the coaches, Lockyer had Bennett, Foran had Hasler..Taylor has Griffin.

11 Games (not counting the 1 he was injured) and Prince has shown very little with his guaranteed spot, give Hunt 8 games in a row as a half, then we can compare.

At the absolute fastest..First half of 2014 in NYC, 2nd half in QCup..if he comes off the bench in 2015, he has to be played like Milford has, no sticking him in as a hooker.

Last edited:
Taylor should be playing QLD Cup ASAP if we want to get the most out of him. He's not going to learn anything worthwhile in the U20s. If he's gone for this year, promote him to QLD Cup the next.

Try approved, 4-6 kick to come.

Taylor should be playing QLD Cup ASAP if we want to get the most out of him. He's not going to learn anything worthwhile in the U20s. If he's gone for this year, promote him to QLD Cup the next.

He is out for the season.

I hope we are talking to Locke since he is off contract... i don't think he would cost massive amounts of money, especially if we can offer him, the fullback spot

I hope we are talking to Locke since he is off contract... i don't think he would cost massive amounts of money, especially if we can offer him, the fullback spot

Agree with this. I like to fool myself and think that the reason Elliott put him on the wing is cos he told him he's signed with us bahaha

didnt locke play fullback today, not wing?

didnt locke play fullback today, not wing?

I'm pretty sure fish played fullback with Locke on the wing, they may have interchanged but that's what the commentary said. I could be wrong though

I'm pretty sure fish played fullback with Locke on the wing, they may have interchanged but that's what the commentary said. I could be wrong though

Locke was Fullback, Fish was right wing.

I'd be happy with either of them tbh.

I wasn't very impressed with Shaun Johnson. Apart from a few good bombs which any good playmaker should be able to do his execution was pretty poor. He was lucky he didn't lose the game for the Warriors. I certainly don't think he is the answer to our problems that many on here think he is.

Certainly didn't cover himself with glory, but he is young and going to take a few wrong options now and then. Even experienced campaigners like Prince have brainfarts. ;)

At the moment he seems to be still too invested in the flashy stuff, the no look hand offs to a prop moving slightly quicker than erosion, the chips over the top and so on. If he can get that out of his game, he will go to the top, but if he doesn't, he may be destined to be another Benji Marshall with outrageous skills but not the consistency to back it up.

I'd still take him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • theshed
  • jarro65
  • Dash
  • Huge
  • Dreaglor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.