Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumours of a Bronco heading to the UK are true from what I've heard...... It's not Parker like some have said and the guy who is likely heading over there is set to make way for the Broncos to sign Marshall.

Marshall is an interesting proposition. I could live with him being signed if he was partnering an organizer like Wallace although I just want Wallace gone and for us to have a decent replacement for him.

WALLACE PLEASE BE WALLACE PLEASE MAKE IT WALLACE FFS IT BETTER BE WALLACE!

Everytime I see Wallace described as an organiser my eye twitches.

I'd be okay with Benji.

I also find it hard to believe that Marshall would come to the Broncos will Kearney is here given their fractured relationship.

Not to make room for Marshall I think.

I've heard the rumour as well, albeit without a name attached to it, about a big name halve wanting out of his club and willing to move to Brissy where he has family nearby.
First I thought this would be DCE given his agent's declarations not so long ago re his third party deals, but the rumour does fit Marshall to a t.

Having a solid halve like Wallace next to an explosive guy like Marshall could work, and would allow more time for the likes of Taylor and Nikorima to mature...

Last edited:
The rumours of a Bronco heading to the UK are true from what I've heard...... It's not Parker like some have said and the guy who is likely heading over there is set to make way for the Broncos to sign Marshall.
This would make sense to me.
I mentioned it in the post game Tigers V Broncos.
There was definitely a very strange interaction between Marshall and the Broncos players.

Prince...?

This guy, the person who told me also told me when Prince was heading to Brisbane in the first place and has a good track record.

Rumour is Prince is heading to the UK to finish his career and the Broncos have told the Tigers they would be open to talks with taking Marshall from them.

Marshall wants 800k, Tigers won't pay over 400k and the Broncos have said "Let's meet in the middle"

I also find it hard to believe that Marshall would come to the Broncos will Kearney is here given their fractured relationship.

It could give the Kiwis a nice chance to build some club combinations having Marshall, Hoffman and Glenn playing together every week.

I'd be happy enough to pay $600k to Marshall although he is just another short term fix.

Just throw 700-800K at DCE. It's worth it for the 3rd best half in the game, and I doubt his Manly contract is nearly as high. Then he can hopefully use the homesickness excuse to get out.

I'd be happy enough to pay $600k to Marshall although he is just another short term fix.
He would be 29 in 2014, so he still should have a few good seasons in him.

Really do not understand why people would want Wallace to be the one making way.... :001_rolleyes:

Just throw 700-800K at DCE. It's worth it for the 3rd best half in the game, and I doubt his Manly contract is nearly as high. Then he can hopefully use the homesickness excuse to get out.
He wants to stay at Manly. Not happening...

Everytime I see Wallace described as an organiser my eye twitches.

I'd be okay with Benji.

It is a good point. I figure that is what he is supposed to be anyway.

This would make sense to me.
I mentioned it in the post game Tigers V Broncos.
There was definitely a very strange interaction between Marshall and the Broncos players.

What do you mean by strange interaction mate? Like they don't like each other? Or do like each other more than opposition should?

Wallace struggles when he's the main focus point of the Broncos attack, but he's one of the best "crutches" around to support a quality halve, and the perfect balance to a team carrying an unpredictable guy like Marshall, Kelly or a SJ, etc...

He does a fair bit of the organising both in defense and offense though, especially the left side of the Broncos team, and he's the most talkative guy on the field, although Macca does a fair bit of directing too, and Prince has started to make himself more noticed as well.

It's really a no brainer to keep a serviceable guy like him until we have a good player (Taylor if he delivers on the promise) ready to take over the reigns. We all know Hunt won't fit the bill and Prince is really on his last legs unfortunately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.