Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by strange interaction mate? Like they don't like each other? Or do like each other more than opposition should?
I mean strange interaction
he appears to tell them either which way to go or where the player should go to at the last scrum of the match. Appeared to speak to them and nodded the way. He had an awful match in defence and maybe was just sick of them running at him

A coaching relationship between Marshall and Hook would be interesting. Wonder how long before Marshall was told to be predictable

Sounds like young Anthony Milford has the family moving to Canberra. I'd say we can stop dreaming about ever getting him if that is the case.

Everytime I see Wallace described as an organiser my eye twitches.

LOL ......my whole body twitches. In fact, I fall to the floor in convulsions of laughter. :laugh:

I'd be okay with Benji.

I'm not. Maybe with his form of a couple years back...... but not now.

He's washed up. He looks totally devoid of any football skill (we already have a half like that :winky: ) and tbh....it doesn't look to me like it's coming back any time soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if he retired at the end of next year.

It's probably why he's being linked to us.

That's a fair point Fourex.

I'm a half glass full kind of guy (or at least I am this week...) and hope that the form can be put down to being the senior player of a struggling club that is having on-field and off-field problems. At an organisation like the Broncos, it might be the fresh start he needs and he might provide the flash we need.

On his day, he's easily the most talented half in the game. If he had a decent pack with good go forward he'd be able to utilise his strongest component - his running game which puts the defence in two minds 9/10. That's something we don't have.

It's all wishful thinking IMO. It isn't going to happen, it's just fans with too much free time putting two and two together and coming up with Benji.

Last edited:
Its as plausible as Shaun Johnson, who gets mentioned on here daily.

Lets just convince locky to come out of retirement he looks fit enough :p

Interesting to look at what our 2014 team could look like if the guys we are rumoured to come through.

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed/Copley
4. Hodges
5. JYY/Kahu/Blair
6. Marshall
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Shillington
16. Tasi/Oates
17. Hala

Pretty fucking great team IMO... Sigh if only

If we did get Barba, Marshall and Shillington, I'd say we'd be a premiership contender.

marshall would be far too flamboyant for Hook's liking - he'd have to reign in that creativity by playing him in the back row ...

Any new signings start from 25 first.

I don't know that we could afford all 3.

Marshall ~ $600,000
Barba ~ $600,000
Shillington ~ $300,000

We don't really pay anyone that highly on our current roster, and there was talk of us being able to afford Tomkins for $1m - So if we could afford him, I'd say it's certainly possible we could afford those Marshall and Barba.

Last edited:
Ashley Taylor ($100,000)
Scott Prince ($150,000)
Alex Glenn ($300,000)
Andrew McCullough ($300,000)
Jharal Yow Yeh ($300,000)
Josh Hoffman ($300,000)
Josh McGuire ($300,000)
Peter Wallace ($350,000)
Justin Hodges ($350,000)
Ben Hannant ($350,000)

Ben Hunt (Unknown) (Estimate: $150,000)
Matt Gillett (Unknown) (Estimate: $350,000)
Jack Reed (Unknown) (Estimate: $350,000)
Corey Parker (Unknown) (Estimate: $300,000)
David Stagg (Unknown) (Estimate: $150,000)
David Hala (Unknown) (Estimate: $150,000)
Sam Thaiday (Unknown) (Estimate: $350,000)

If my estimates are somewhat accurate that means we are going to be spending roughly $4,600,000 on our current roster in 2014.

The salary cap in 2014 will be $6,300,000, leaving us roughly $1,700,000 to play with

I understand we have some good young players we'd like to re-sign.. Copley ($100,000), Kahu ($150,000), Molo ($50,000), Oates ($50,000), Tasi ($100,000), J.Wallace ($50,000)

If we spend say $500,000 and re-sign some of our young talent for 2014, that will leave us roughly $1,200,000 to play with, enough for Marshall and Barba, maybe not Shillington, depending on how cheap he comes.

And yes I know I've left the likes of Gibb, Baptiste, Cullen, Timu out of the list of priority re-sigings, but if it comes down to it, I'd rather 2 superstars.

And yes, this post took an extremely long time to construct, someone forward it to Anthony Griffin.

Edit; Also if Stagg and Prince retire / move on that would free up an extra $300,000 to spend on re-signing some more of the young guys.

Last edited:
you are kidding yourself if you think barba would cost 400k. 700+

Asked Mole about Prince/Benji rumours got this reply back "Barba going to Broncos. U can't have him and Benji in same team."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.